Status: On the verge of hatching

For a Mess Like Me

'It must be true what people say, that only time can heal the pain.'

Joey slipped on the peachy dress because she was currently running late. It was her favorite dress considering that it had a heart shaped cut out on the front. She heard the doorbell rang and she ran downstairs to answer it. To her surprise and disappointment, it was only Alex and Dustin.
"Don't look so surprised to see us Joe, sheesh." Dustin rolled her eyes and pushed through, grabbing Alex's forearm and dragging him in.
"I am. I mean, I kinda that you were someone else." Dustin turned on her heels and pointed her index finger towards Joey.
"Are you saying you have a DATE?" Joey nodded and turned her head to the mirror that hung on by the doorway.
"With who?"
"Ah, Alex's cousin Harry."
"What, you have a date with Harry?"
"Babe, chill out. Your cousin is single and so is Joey." Dustin peered at Alex as Joey avoided eye contact with him through the mirror.
"Well we have to get going anyways. Alex is going to go to the studio. Have fun on your date." Dustin winked and gave Joey a hug. As Joey pulled back, she glanced down at Dustin's feet and frowned.
"Those are my shoes."
"Woops?" Dustin walked out and waited on the last step for Alex. Alex shoved his shoulder into Joey, knocking her off balance. Once he was out, she closed it and let out a long, needed sigh.

~~~

"I'm dead serious! I will eat anything! Ask Dustin." Joey said as she popped a deep fried french fry in her mouth.
"Next time I'll take you to an exotic restaurant."
"Next time huh?"
"I-I uh, I me-mean, li-like.."
"I'd love to do this again Harry." Harry smiled and stole a fry from Joey's plate. They were currently eating at Kentmorr which was a sea side restaurant with a little shore that Harry instead the waiter to seat them by. It was really cute and the inside was well kept just like the outside. It was about an hour away from where they live which made it just so much more exciting.

~~~

It was a dark shade of blue now since it was dark. The stars twinkled in the light and Joey closed her eyes as the voice of Andrew McMahon sang Dark Blue on the radio. The summer breeze caressed her face and she let her arm hang out the window of Harry's truck, trying to let the warm air sink into her skin. Harry pulled into her driveway, and got out the car first. He walked over to her side and let her out. He held his hand out and she took it. They walked to the door, Harry still holding Joey's hand.
"I had fun tonight."
"Me too, let's do it again." Joey smiled and reached down in her bag for her keys. Just as she opened the door, Harry intertwined their fingers.
"Goodnight Har-" Before she could even finish, Harry had pulled her close and planted a delicate kiss on her lips. Joey placed her free hand on his should and stood n her tippy toes. Harry snaked his free arm around her small waist, bringing her closer and cushioning her closer to his body. Joey sighed into the kiss but before she could let his tongue slip in, a cough was heard from the door. They both peeled away and there stood Alaska, her arms crossed. Joey turned back to Harry who was simply smiling.
"Goodnight Joey," He looked past Joey, "Goodnight Alaska." He bent his head down and kissed Joey's hand. He turned around then and walked to his truck. Roaring the engine back to life, he looked back to the porch and waved a goodbye. He pulled out and Joey watched as he drove down the street and made a left.
Joey turned back to her sister and they both started jumping up and down.

~~~

Alex

Alex watched as Harry's truck pulled into Joey's driveway. He watched as Harry decided to be a gentleman for the first time in his life, and open Joey's door. They walked up to her front porch and held hands. And BOOM Harry plants one on her. Thinking he clearly knew Joey, she kissed BACK. The Joey he knew would have NEVER done that in a million years. Yeah he lost his cool earlier but he thought that would change Joey's mind, but of course it didn't. Alex watched as they continued but it was like a gift sent from God as he saw Joey's sister open the door and cock block the scenario. Alex mentally gave her props and he watched as Harry left the porch and pull out the driveway. Joey nor her sister moved for quite sometime. Just as Alex was about to pull away from the window, he saw both girls jump up and down in joy. Alex almost instantly took back his props.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww cute. Joey and Harry made out. I am VERY VERY sad right now because this wasn't the ORIGINAL one but my computer ended up freezing and I didn't even save it to Word just as I was about to. Cruel world. Alex is jealous ayeeee.
Dustin's Outfit
Joey's Outfit