Status: Finished!

Playground Love

Huevos Rancheros

I don't feel like waking up, not yet. Let me just sleep for another four hours or something... I want to wake up with everything to be how it use to. I dont want to wake up and see different surroundings. I dont want to wake up in San Diego, in this house, with these people.
My eyes squeeze shut and I clench my pillow with my hands.
"Huevos rancheros!!!!!", I hear Mike yell. Laughter of the guys erupts throughout the house.
I let out a deep breath and unclench the pillow.
No use you can't just wish it all away. Life isn't that nice.
My eyes open and I sit up. You can get through it. You can get through it.

I slowly walk into the hallway. The smell of eggs and bacon fill my lungs as I get closer to the kitchen. The first thing I see is Jaime flipping some pancakes while Mike is cooking some eggs.
"She's up!", Vic announces.
Jaime and Mike turn their heads and smile.
"Morning, Paloma.", Mike says. I smile and take a seat next to Vic on the table.
"Sleep well?", Jaime asks.
I nod.
"Good."
Vic stands up and puts some plates on the table. Jaime puts a couple dozen of pancakes on the big plate in the middle. Mike places a plate of bacon and eggs right next to it.
"Dig in!", Vic says.
I grab a pancake, two pieces of bacon, and some scrambled eggs.
The guys start to chat about things. Music, the new album, touring. I eat in silence.
I look around... Isn't there one missing?
"You looking for something? Napkins?", Jaime asks.
"Oh- no... Isn't there someone else?"
Vic chuckles. "Tony? Yah, he left with his girlfriend. They were gonna go eat or something.", he says and sips his coffee.
Mike shakes his head. "She's always buggin."
Jaime nudges him. "Nah, theyre having problems. Tony hasn't really talked about it. But he told me they were going to have breakfast to.. talk some things over."
"Ooooo!", Vic says.
Thank goodness, another awkward hello has been avoided for now.
"Well, what happens, happens..", Jaime says.
They all nod.
"So- what are the plans for today?", Mike asks.
Jaime swallows his food and turns to me. "Well, I was thinking that when Tony comes back we could start to move his things into the condo, then Vic's things into Tony's room, and then Paloma's things into Vic's room."
Everyone looks at me. I start to get nervous.
"Well- I- Well-", I stutter. Vic laughs lightly at me.
"No need to get nervous.", he murmurs.
"Paloma, hey if you wanna take a break.. You know, take things in, then that's perfectly fine.", Jaime says eyeing me.
I look down to my plate and nod. "Okay."
"Alright- great. We could do all that some other day. Right now, we need get settled into the new studio.", Jaime says.
"Right, right. Jonny said that he has the trucks ready for the equipment.", Mike adds.
"We're gonna have to go now before it rains. Tony is gonna have to sit this one out I guess. Seems like he's gonna take a while.", Vic says standing up.
I stand up along with him. "I'll clean up, you guys go ahead."
"You sure?", Jaime comes up behind me.
"Yah, yah."
I go around him and pick up all the plates.
"You're gonna be okay here by yourself?"
"Yes."
He pats my shoulder. "Alright. Call me if you need anything. I'll always have my phone."
I nod and start up the warm sink water. "Okay."
He kisses my cheek and they all head out the door.
I start to wash the plates, scrubbing them first, then rinsing them.
Once I'm done cleaning the kitchen, I decide to explore around the house. I'm gonna be living here for quite some time now, so might as well get familiar with everything.
I walk into the quiet hallway, then stop in front of Tony's room. The sliding door is a open a bit, so I peak into it. His bed is all messy and there's a lot of things in his room. I see a guitar, shoes, some shirts here and there...
I back away and start to walk to Vic's room. I wonder how my room is gonna look like..
I slowly turn the knob and and open the door. Vic's room is the exact opposite of Tony's. His bed is nicely made, theres no clutter, everything is in its place. There's a window above the bed. This makes me pretty happy.
I close the door and walk towards Mike's room. I creak open his door and the first thing I smell is weed. I close the door and walk away from it. I don't wanna know what's in there.
As I walk into the living I decide to go outside and explore. I put on my jacket and head out. I open the gate that leads into the pool, condo, and garden. There's a cover over the pool and hot tub.
I walk along the tile pathway and see flowers and cactuses. It leads into this patch of grass. I walk to it and and lean against the wall there. It's pretty out here. To my left there's the condo. I walk into the front porch of it and look into the windows. Its pretty empty now. All the music equipment is gone. I see the kitchen and some other room in there. I turn around and walk back towards the pool. I open the gate and walk back into the house. I go into the living room and sit down on the big couch then turn on the tv.
Maybe this place isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I could get use to this.. right? Those guys seem really nice..
I try to convince myself that it'll be okay but I just cant.
I start to get a bit sleepy, so I lay down on the couch. My eye lids start to grow heavy and they finally shut.

~

I lay my head back on the seat and shut my eyes, letting out a long sigh.
Why does shit with Stephanie need to be so damn complicated? Fuck, it shouldn't be. I understand, she's busy with college and work, but that doesn't mean she needs to push me aside. I never pushed her aside. Through it all- through the touring, through music, never.
"Fuck!", I yell and pound the side of the seat.
I yank the keys out of the ignition and get out the car. "Fucking bullshit.", I murmur to myself.
I dont see any of the other guys cars. They probably left to the studio without me. Fuck. Why is this such a shit day?
I pull out the key to the house, but when I stick it in I realize it's already open. They probably forgot to lock it or something.
I walk in and shut the door behind me. It's nice and warm in here. I take off my jacket and hang it on the coat hanger to my left and slide off my Nikes. Right now, it's time for me to just clear my mind of all this bullshit. There's a lot more things to worry about...
The new album, warped tour coming up, guitar licks I need to finish, and.... this random girl sleeping on my couch...
"What...", I whisper. I walk quietly to where she is. A girl with curly, black hair totally knocked out on my couch. I crease my eyebrows, confused.
I look around and try to see if one of the guys are here and if she's one of their 'take home' girls or something.
She seems a bit young though..
I can't really see her face, her hair is all over it.
Should I poke her or something?
Then right then- she moves. I take step back. She lays fully on her back and her dark hair falls to her sides. I stare at her, sound asleep. Her lips are plump and a light shade of red, her cheek bones pop out in a nice way... How her mouth is open just a bit... She's a pretty girl. Whoever she belongs to, I'm guessing.. Vic?, is lucky. I'm still pretty confused though... Vic hasn't been seeing anyone, at least anyone I know about.. Hmm...
The girl starts to whimper in her sleep. Her hands, her soft looking hands, twitch and her eyebrows crease into a scared expression.
She's having a nightmare. Maybe I should wake her. I start to reach towards her but then she fidgets and sits up.
"Shit.", I curse out and back away, startled.
She's taking deep breaths and her eyes are wide open. She doesn't notice me yet, until she looks up. The first thing I notice- her eyes. Damn. That's a hell of a color. I can fully see her face now, and I'm pretty shocked by the results. She's a really pretty girl.
She moves her long hair out of her face and stares at me, scared.
Say something you idiot.
"H-Hey.", I say slowly.
She says nothing.
"I'm sorry- but- who are you..?"
Still, nothing.
"Well- I'm Tony... Perry...?"
Her face softens and her expression changes from scared, to confused.
Eh, thats more like it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tony's POV right here. There's going to be a lot of that.
Feedback on how the story is going would get me more hyped up to type out more!!! :-)