Status: Finished!

Playground Love

Buzz Killer

"Happy birthday Paloma- now could you throw away the trash?", Jaime says as I walk into the kitchen.
I cross my arms and glare at him. "You're making me throw it away? It's my birthday."
He nods and takes a seat on the kitchen table next to Tony. "Well- I don't wanna do it. Tony doesn't even use the trash here so it wouldn't be fair-" Tony nods and smiles.
"Preach it, Jaime.", he says.
I glare at him.
"-and Mike and Vic are eating their breakfast."
I glance at Mike and Vic eating their cereal. They wave and smile at me.
"Oh yah- happy birthday!", Vic says over a mouthful of cereal. I give him a fake smile.
"Glad you remembered.", I mumble.
"Hey- Vanessa is on her way over now, so once you throw away the trash, you can just leave.", Jaime says.
"Whatever.", I say as I drag the trash bag out of the kitchen.
Tony stands up and walks next to me. "You need help?"
I look up at him and grin. "No thanks. I can handle it."
He chuckles. "I already said happy birthday! So I shouldn't be given any attitude."
I roll my eyes. "Just forget about it! It is just a birthday after all!"
"Paloma- come on!!", Tony whines.
"I'll see all of you later!", I call out and walk out the door.
Whatever.
So what, no one cares about my birthday. Oh well. At least they remembered.
I'll be spending the day with Vanessa after all, so maybe today won't suck that much.
I open up the trash bin lid and throw the heavy trash bag in it.
I wipe my hands on my jeans and sit down on the sidewalk to wait for Vanessa. I pick at the weeds growing in from the cracks of the sidewalk. Out of no where- three guys roll by with their skate boards.
"Oh- well look at her!!", I hear a familiar voice yell out.
I look up and see a face that makes my stomach flip.
The three boys stop skating and walk towards me.
I look down and stare at my lap. I should have went back inside. Fuck.
"Paloma? Is that really you?"
I sigh and slowly look back up. I see Matt smirking at me. Two other guys right behind him.
"What do you want?", I ask.
He raises his eye brows at me and lifts his hands up in front of him. "Whoa- calm down, girl. Can't I say hi?"
"Can't you just leave?"
He laughs and gets closer to me. "I haven't seen you in a long while. How are things going in your life? You still screwing that Tony guy?"
I stand up and push him back. "Leave Matt!"
The guys behind him pull on his shirt. "Dude- let's go.", the one with the red and orange striped shirt says.
Matt pushes him away. "Wait-", he says sharply. "Paloma, relax.. I'm just messing around! I've missed seeing your pretty little face. We use to have such a good friendship. Smoking and getting drunk and making out and.."
"Leave!", I yell in his face.
He gives me a look and grabs his skate board.
"Guess I fucked it all up by getting drunk that day and coming over.", he shrugs. "Oh well. There's always other girls to fuck. Now, I better go before your boyfriend comes out and makes me bleed again."
He touches my shoulder and I slap his hand off. He laughs, and then they all skate away down the hill.
Unbelievable. Why did I ever mess around with him? What a horrible mistake...
I pull out my phone and text Vanessa if she's here yet. I'm afraid he might come back.
'Practically there girl! ;)'
What a relief.

A couple minutes later, Vanessa finally shows up.
She parks along the curb and I walk to her car.
"What's up, girl!", she says. I smile and get in her car.
"Happy birthday!!!", she squeals and gives me a hug. I laugh and hug her back.
"Thank you!"
"Did Jaime get you anything?", she asks, driving away.
I shake my head as I put my seat belt on. "Nope..."
She sighs. "Aw, what a jerk! It's your 18th birthday!"
"Yah, I know.. But whatever. I didn't really expect anything."
"Paloma, I'm sure Jaime has something up his sleeve."
I shrug and look out the window. "It's okay. At least I'm spending the day with you."
I look at her and she smiles. "We're going to have lots of fun! Believe me! I'll make your birthday something to remember!"
I laugh and nod. "I believe you!"

~

"Alright- Tony! More balloons in the living room! Mike, Mike!", Jaime yells.
"Whaaaat?!?!", Mike yells. He's standing on top of the counters, taping up the streamers.
"More streamers please.", Jaime says in a sweet voice.
"Thats more like it, jerk."
"Tone- balloons please...", Jaime says patting my back.
I sigh. "Dude- there's already a lot! I'm light headed and I have no more breath in me and-"
"Alright! Take a break!", he says and walks away.
"Jaime- you need to relax man! Paloma left an hour ago- we have PLENTY of time.", Vic says while pushing him down on a chair.
"They're gonna be back at three! We have three hours to get the whole place decorated, the food out, the dj shit up, and the invites in here! Three hours!"
Vic massages his shoulders. "It's going to be okay. If we need more time, Vanessa will give it to us. Don't. Worry."
Jaime sighs and nods. "You're right.. Sorry guys. I just really want all of this to be perfect for her. This year has been shit ever since we lost our parents. I want her to have a great day today."
Actually... I'm pretty sure I've turned Paloma's year around for the better. But I guess I shouldn't be so cocky about it. Ha.
"She will, Jaime. Trust me. She will.", I say and pat his shoulder. "So if it makes you feel better- I'll blow up some more fucking balloons in the damn living room."
Jaime smiles at me. "Thanks, Tone."
I smile and walk off. "Yah, yah, yah."
I sit down on the couch, turn the tv on, pull the bag of airless balloons next to me, and start to blow into them one at a time.
I almost forgot that Stephanie will be showing up at this party.
Fuck! Why couldn't she just say no? Because she wants to see her 'homies'?? What an excuse.
Whatever, man.
This is Paloma's day. Nobody will ruin it.
Absolutely no one.

~

"Vanessa, I'm tired. Could we take a break?", I ask. She pulls on my arm.
"No- Noooo! Not yet! C'mon, let's go to this store!", she says pulling me to a random clothing store.
I groan. "Let's take a break, that sounds better. We've been walking around for hours already."
She frowns at me. "Paloma, come on! It's your birthday!"
"Exactly. Which means you have to listen to me, which means- we take a break!"
She lets go of my arm and I walk the bench that's closest to us.
She crosses her arms, and after some seconds, drags herself to sit next to me.
"Party pooper.", she mumbles.
"Aren't your feet tired? You have heels on!"
She chuckles and shakes her head. "Nope. I'm use to it."
She checks her phone and I decide to check mine. Not one text. I'm a little hurt by that. I at least expected one from Angie... Guess I'm out of her life now.
I put my phone back in my bag and try thinking about something else.
"Hello?", I hear Vanessa say. I turn to her, she's speaking on her phone. "Oh- hold up, P. I gotta take this-"
I nod and she walks away from the bench to take the call.
Wonder who it is. Probably Jaime? I don't know.
Vanessa nods and twirls a strand of her wavy, brown hair around her fingers. She seems like the type of girl Jaime would go for. Stylish, cute, girly, but independent and confident in herself. Her frilly, black, tank top and skin tight jeans sure are eye candy to the nearest guy. I can see why Jaime's attracted to her. Her personality definitely tops it all off. She's amazing.
Vanessa glances at me and I quickly look down to the floor. I don't want her to think that I'm trying to listen in on her call.
I hear her black heels click and clack as she walks back to me.
"Alright- let's go to my place.", she says in a sweet voice.
I look up at her, confused. "Huh?"
She gives me a sly grin and winks. "Come on, girl. We're gonna get you all dressed up."
She grabs my hand and pulls me up from the bench.
"Dressed up? For what? Are we going somewhere?"
She giggles. "Save the questions, Paloma."
"Vanessa-"
"Trust me."
I laugh and we walk back to her car.

We finally arrive at some nice looking apartments. She parks her car and we both get out of it.
"Alright, follow me!"
We walk up a sidewalk and into an apartment complex, then up some stairs.
She pulls out her keys from her bag and unlocks her front door. "Go right on in. Make yourself at home."
I smile and walk past her, into her apartment. It smells like flowers in here.
She switches on the lights and I'm able to actually see inside.
It's nice and clean here. Gray carpet, a nice little kitchen, then a nice little living room, then a hallway that leads into, what I suppose, her room.
"Want any water? Chips?", she asks as she sets her bag down on her kitchen table.
"Oh, no thank you. I'm fine."
She nods. "Go ahead and take a seat. I'll be right back.."
I sit down on her soft, light brown couch and get myself comfy.
She walks into the hall and minutes later, comes out with a long, plastic bag in her hand.
"Okay Paloma, it's time!!!", she squeals.
I chuckle. "Um- what?"
She pulls out the dress she bought me a couple days ago at the mall from inside the bag.
"Whoa- how did you- where did you-", I say and stand up.
"No questions!", she says and grabs my arm. "Absolutely no questions, okay?"
"Vanessa, what? I'm so confused!"
She laughs and pulls me into the hallway. We walk into her room. There's a nice big bed in the middle with violet cover sheets. She sets my dress down on her bed and then turns to me.
"What I need you to do for me right now is take your clothes off-"
"What?!"
"-and get into this cute little dress, okay?"
I stare at her like she's crazy. "Vanessa, seriously, what's going on?!"
She laughs and kisses my cheek before walking out the door. "Hurry, okay?!"
She shuts the door and I let out a laugh.
Um, wow, okay...
I strip from my clothes and slide on my new dress. It fits me like a charm. I touch the lace straps and tie the bow tie around me. There's a knock on the door and I walk to it to open it.
"Oh my goodness- lovely! I don't even need to do your hair or make up!"
She pushes me into the bathroom and pulls in a chair.
"Here- sit down. I'm going to do your hair first."
"Where are we going??", I ask as I feel her brush through all my curls.
I look in the mirror and see her smile. "Oh, you'll see! Just- no questions right now, alright? Go with the flow, Pally."
"Fine fine. I'll go with the damn flow."

After some time, she's all done with my hair.
"Time for makeup!", she squeals. "My favorite part, oh my gosh. I'm so excited. Your face is so pure."
I laugh. She turns my seat around and pulls out a bag full of cosmetics.
"Alright- let's do this!"

Who knows how long Vanessa was messing around with my face.
But finally:
"I'm finished! You're all done!", she says.
She backs up a bit and stares at me. "Oh, Paloma. You look- you look- look!", she says and turns my chair around to face the mirror.
I stand up as I stare into it.
I'm not one to be conceited or anything...
But, I actually, really, look.. Good.
"Paloma, you are beautiful.", Vanessa murmurs.
She curled my hair even more than it was, and tied it up in a cute little bun. Curled, strands of hair, escape the bun on purpose, making them fall on the side of my face. She put a diamond clip on the side of it too. Then my makeup- not too much, but definitely not too little. Black and gray eye shadow, lipstick that's a light shade of red, and some blush. Oh- are those..
Yep. She put on some fake eyelashes too. Wow.
I've never felt more like a women.
She touches my shoulders and hair softly. "It's time, Paloma.", she grins.
I turn to her. "For..?"
She touches my nose and walks out of the bathroom.
"Put these on-"
I walk out and she hands me some nice pair of black stiletto heels.
"I don't even think I could walk in these!"
She laughs. "Of course you can- now come on! We have to leave."
I quickly slide my feet into them and try walking.
"Whoa- this is weird.", I say, stumbling.
Vanessa laughs. "You'll get use to them! Now let's go-"

She helps me down the stairs and we get back into her car.
"Could you at least tell me where we're going?"
"Nope. Oh! Shit, I almost forgot. Here- put this on."
She hands me a blind fold. "Vanessa, you're kidding."
"Nope. Now put it on- hurry, go."
I sigh and wrap it around my eyes, tying it from the back.
"Don't mess up your makeup!"
I laugh. "I'll try."

I feel the car finally come to a stop. "Ou- can I take it off now?", I say.
"No! Nope!", Vanessa says slapping my hands away.
I frown and she laughs.
"Don't get out- I'll lead you."
I nod and hear the car door open. "Alright- hold my hand. Don't let go."
I grab on to her hand and try balancing myself with these heels.
She leads me up on what seems like a hill, then we stop. I hear a door open, then we walk in. The door closes behind us and then I feel Vanessa let go of my hand.
I start to freak out.
"Vanessa?? Vanessa?! I'm taking it off!", I yell out. It's dead silent.
Oh god, I hate this. Oh god. Oh god.
"Vanessa?!"
No answer.
"Okay! I'm taking it off!"
I quickly pull it off and see nothing. I'm at my house, though! What the hell??
Where's Vanessa?? Why is so dark in here?
"Vanessa-", I start to call out.
Then-
"SURPRISE!!!!", people yell out as they run out from the inside the kitchen. The lights flash on. Colored lights, beams, flashing lights.
"Oh my fuck!!", I scream, startled. I cover my mouth as I watch a flood of people run to me.
"SURPRISE!!!" "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" "PALOMA!! YOU'RE 18!!!", I hear random people yell out to me.
Balloons are covering the ceiling and theres confetti everywhere. Colorful streamers fly across the room and up in the air.
"Paloma?! Paloma!!", I hear someone call out. My eyes are spilling tears for some reason. Holy crap.
They wrap their arms around me and squeeze me into a tight hug. I wipe my eyes and the person pulls away.
"Oh my god!!", I scream as I realize who it is. "Angie!!!"
I pull her into another huge hug.
Then, I start to cry.
"Oh fuck!! Oh fuck- you're here!! You're actually here!!", I cry out.
She laughs and pulls away, holding me by my shoulders.
"Paloma! Don't cry- your making me cry! Oh my god!", she says as her eyes tear up. I grab her hand.
"I've missed you so much! How did you- how did you-"
"Jaime! He picked me!"
Someone touches my shoulder and turn to see Jaime staring at me, smiling.
"You- you did all of this?!"
He nods. "Well- yah.. Help from the guys and Vanessa.. And-"
I throw my arms around hi and kiss his cheeks. "Thank you- thank you so much.", I murmur in his ear. "I love you."
He wraps his arms around me. "I love you too, P. I love you too."
We pull away from each other and I wipe a tear away from his eyes.
"Alright! Alright! Let's quit getting all emotional and party, bitches!!!", I hear Mike yell out. "Happy birthday Paloma!!"
Everyone cheers, "Happy Birthday Paloma!!"
Music starts to bump loud in the house. People pull out the alcohol and start dancing and chatting.
"Paloma- you look amazing!", Angie says touching my dress and hair.
"No! You do!!"
I've always though Angie was gorgeous. Ever since we met in the 6th grade, I've always thought that. She would always get the guys. Her straight, long hair and cute little stature. She's half Vietnamese and Mexican too. Giving her the curves, yet keeping that skinny body.
She pulls down her teal, sequined, dress a bit and giggles. "I've missed you so much- so much!!"
"You have no idea how much I've missed you-"
"Oh my gosh! Show me him!", she says gasping.
At first, I'm confused about what she's asking for.
"Oh- ohhh! Tony!", I say. She nods and smiles.
"Well- let's find him! You need to meet him!"
I grab her hand and we squeeze by all the people.
"Ay! Paloma- happy birthday, girly!"
I turn and see Jaxin waving at me. He's dancing with his fiancée.
"Hey!! Thank you! I'm so happy you guys could come!"
After Natalie and Jaxin give me my birthday hug, Angie and I walk into the crowded kitchen. Which, apparently, is a bar for now.
Mike is standing behind the island in the middle of the kitchen, mixing drinks for people.
"Birthday girl first! Have a drink! It's your birthday!!", he says and hands me a red cup full of whatever.
I nod and smile. "Thanks!"
"For the homie-", he says and hands Angie a red cup as well. She smiles. "Thank you!"
Mike winks at her and she giggles.
"Have you seen Tony?", I yell out through the loud music.
He shakes his head and shrugs. "Sorry!"
I nod and walk into the dining room.
There seems to be people everywhere.
"Where is he?", Angie asks, sipping her drink.
I shrug. "I have no idea-"
Then, I see Vic.
"Vic!", I shout. He looks over at me and walks toward us.
"Hey, birthday girl!", he says giving me a one armed hug.
"Thanks- have you seen Tony?"
He nods. "Oh yah! He's in the pool room- garage. Playing beer pong. He was out here earlier though, he was looking for you."
I nod. "Thank you!"
"I think he's a little drunk already, though. So be careful, Jaime is still here."
I laugh and take a sip of my drink. "Don't worry about it. Come on, Ang."
We walk outside into the cold night and go inside the pool room.
The lights are on and we here guys shouting and yelling.
"I'm nervous to meet him.", Angie says.
"Why?", I laugh.
"Because.. He isn't a jerk, right?"
"Of course not! If he was- you think I'd be with him?"
She chuckles. "True."
We walk inside and see guys playing beer pong. There's red cups all over the place.
I scan the room and try to find Tony.
"Which one is he?", Angie murmurs in my ear.
"I'm trying to..."
And then, I finally spot him.
He's all the way in the corner, leaning against the wall. A red cup in his hand and a his other hand in his pocket. He looks so good. Though I've seen him in this outfit many time before.
His white, man-tank with the word LBG written on it, and his black jeans. Let us not forget that black SD snap back too.
His long braid, along with his slick black hair, coming out from it.
"He's right over there..", I murmur.
"Where? Where??"
"C'mon.."
I grab her hand and walk her to the group of guys in the back.
My eyes never leaving Tony. He takes a sip from his drink, then finally looms up and makes eye contact with me. An instant smile appears on his face.
"Paloma..", I hear him say.
The groups of guys stop talking and watch as Angie and I invade their little circle.
I let go of Angie's hand and throw my arms over him.
"Baby- you look fucking beautiful..", he whispers in my arm. I giggle and give him a quick kiss on the side of his ear. We pull away from each other and he looks at me up and down.
"Wow- I- wow- I'm speechless. Literally, I have no fucking words to describe you right now.", he says.
I laugh and look down, feeling myself blush.
"Aw, Tony.."
I hear Angie clear her throat.
Oh, right.
"Oh- Tony- Tony, this is Angie! My best friend. Angie, this is Tony Perry."
Angie extends her hands for a shake, but Tony pulls her in for a welcoming hug. "It's finally nice to meet you! Paloma has told me so much about you!"
They pull away from each other. "Same with you, Tony!", Angie says.
"Alright guys, I'm gonna go- catch yah later."
The guys say their good byes and tell me Happy birthday, then we leave.
"You ready to party, P?", Tony sad as we walk to the house.
I laugh. "I am so ready to party."
"That's my girl!", he says and kisses me.
Angle nudges my arm and winks. "I think I should leave you two alone..", she says.
"No- no! Don't go!"
"It's okay! I'm gonna go back in the kitchen. Maybe go and make friends with that Mike guy.."
"Dear lord.", I mumble. She laughs and walks into the house.
Tony and stop at the door and he wraps his arms around me.
"Happy 18th, Paloma.", he murmurs and kisses my nose.
"Why thank you, Perry."
He smiles and chugs down the last of his drink.
"Now- will you please have a dance with me?"
I grin. "Of course."
I chug down my drink and Tony and I walk inside the house booming with music.
I hardly ever dance, I actually hate it. But hey, it must be the alcohol or something, because I can't stop.
As Tony's hands grip my hips, my body sticks right up against him.
Completely oblivious to what's going on around me, I don't even notice Tony stops dancing.
I laugh. "What's wrong? You already tired?"
He licks his lips and sighs, then nods his head straight ahead.
I turn around and then back to him, shocked.
"I forgot to tell you.. Your brother invited her.", he says blankly.
I turn back to Stephanie. She's across from us, dancing with some tall, white guy with dirty blonde hair. His ears are stretched and he has one big, black, tattoo on his arm. She's grinding up against him, laughing.
I look back to Tony, his face completely serious.
"Hey- hey-", I say and nudge him. "Come on-"
I pull him into the hallway away from all the people.

Please, please, don't let this ruin everything.
Please.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a really long chapter. The second part will be posted some other time though, sorry. ;/
I don't really know what to say about this... So I could really use some feedback, please? I need it for this chapter.
Anyways, get ready, there's gonna be some mo' drama.

Thank you for all of those who are reading and leaving comments, I love you all x