Status: Finished!

Playground Love

Jaime- It's Always Jaime

It's eight in the morning and I'm awake. I went to bed as soon as I was done opening up my gifts and fake smiling for pictures. The party ended for me the second Tony stepped out of that door with Stephanie. Jaime, on occasion, came in trying to pull me out. He was way to drunk to notice me crying. After midnight, I lost all hope that Tony was going to come back. I knew what was going on in there, and it still makes me sick to my stomach. How could he?! Yeah, he was drunk... But still! Did I not cross his mind?
I squeeze my eyes shut as the pain in my chest hits me again for the millionth time. Of course he was going to give into her. What am I anyways? Just a seven- EIGHT teen year old girl. Stephanie is actually his age, she's actually something to him.
I feel so stupid.
Just then- Jaime barges in through my door with a knocked out Angie in his arms. He looks horrible.
He walks to my bed and flops her down next to me. "She was in Mike's room-", he mumbles. His hair is sticking out in all directions and his eyes look so tired. "I'll talk to him about that later..", he says, a little disturbed, and walks out.
I stare at Angie and notice these purple-ish marks on her neck.
"You have got to be kidding me..", I mumble. Who am to say something to her though? She isn't the only one who's been fooling around with an older guy.
My mind starts to think really bad things again. Last night, it was going crazy. I had to force myself to think of my little sister. When I thought about her and the accident they had, I felt a different kind of pain. It made me forget about Tony and what he might be doing. I couldn't find my iPod anywhere in my room either, usually that helps me a lot when it comes to these type of nights. I was also trying to do some homework that the home school teacher left me, but then remembered that since it's only a couple of weeks until I finally graduate, she left nothing. As a 'birthday gift to me' she said.
I honestly do not know what else to do with myself. What's going to happen? Should I go and confront Tony? I really don't want to. I don't want him to tell me what happened. I just don't have it in me and I don't think I'd be able to take the bad news.
Everyone in this house should be suffering a hangover today, so maybe I won't need to come out of this room. I sure hope I don't..
But the curiosity of Tony's where-a-bouts just can't leave my mind.

~

The first thing I feel when I open my eyes: like total and utter shit. My neck is sore as fuck and my stomach starts to do flips. I've barley been awake two seconds and this hangover already has the best of me. Then, I feel someone next to me move. I quickly look over, suspecting it's Paloma, and almost shit myself when I see a blonde haired girl asleep under these covers.
Before I could even think of anything, I feel the vomit rush up my throat. I push away the covers and run to my bathroom, then throw everything up in the toilet. Once I'm done, I flush the toilet and grab some toilet paper to wipe my mouth.
Oh fuck, please don't tell me..
I stand up and walk to the sink in my bathroom, and look into the mirror.
My neck has hickeys all over it. Mostly on the side, the ones in the middle can barley be seen because of the tattoo I have.
So that's why I'm so sore there.
My stomach flips as I realize again that Paloma isn't the one behind all of this. The girl in my bed is.
Please don't tell me I had sex with her, please. Oh fuck.
I walk to my bed and see Stephanie already awake. She's sitting up, staring at me, and she looks miserable.
"S-Steph..", I mumble out. My voice sounds really weird.
She shuts her eyes and puts her head in her hands. "No. No, we didn't have sex, okay?"
Words cannot describe how relieved I am about this.
She's crying now, why the fuck is she crying?!
"Why are you crying??", I ask and take a seat on my bed. She looks up, her eyes are red and black tears are running down her cheeks because of her mascara.
"You seriously don't remember what you said last night?"
Oh shit. Oh fucking shit.
"N-no.."
She gets off the bed and grabs her heels from the floor. She's all dressed too. "I don't know if it was because you were drunk out of your fucking mind but-"
Now I'm getting scared. "Stephanie, what did I say??", I ask urgently.
When she's done strapping on her heels, she looks up at me. "You wouldn't shut up about Paloma.", she murmurs.
My eyes get wide and my stomach starts to do flips again. "W-what.. What?", I stutter.
"Paloma, Tony! You were talking about her!", she begins to yell. "I was on you, sucking on your neck, and then you just started to talk about her!"
I don't have any words. I stare at her with wide eyes, speechless.
"Whats up with that, Tony? Huh? Why Paloma?", she asks crossing her arms.
Well, it depends on what I said.
"I- I don't remember shit, Stephanie."
"You were just talking about her! About how happy you are when you're with her- and how you shouldn't be here with me, you should be with Paloma inside the house. You wouldn't shut up! I just sat there, listening to you talk and talk and talk about her. Then..", she looks down and sighs. "Then you started to cry about something. You were mumbling and I couldn't make out what exactly you were saying. Something about Jaime.. How he would never understand. I don't know..", she says and shakes her head.
I stare at my lap now. Everything is blank in my head.
"Tony-", she calls. I look back up at her. "What's been going on around here..?"
"It was all nonsense, Stephanie. Like you said, I was drunk. I didn't know what I was saying."
She shakes her head at me slowly. "No.. No.. You could have talked about anything. But Paloma was on your mind. Is there something going on here?"
I look down again, afraid that she'll somehow see the truth in my eyes. I'd come up with a lie or something to cover it all up, but I can't think of anything right now. I can't even think.
Stephanie walks up to me and pulls my chin up.
She stares right into my eyes. "Have you been messing around with her?", she whispers.
I say don't anything.
"Please, at least deny it. Please. She's Jaime's sister, Tony! For fucks sakes!"
I push her hand away and stand up. "Maybe you should leave."
She stares at me blankly. "You're kidding, right? You're not even denying it, Tony.. I don't believe this."
"Just stop! Leave!", is all I could say. As I push her towards the door, she turns around and grabs me by my shoulders, pulling me close to her. "Are you sure I was the only one cheating in this relationship?"
I stay quiet.
"She's seven-teen, Tony.", she says strictly. "Seven teen!", she yells. "At least deny it! For me!"
"She's eight-teen now and I don't know what the fuck you're talking about! Now leave!", I say and shove her out. I shut the door and slump myself down on the sofa, putting my head in my hands.
Oh shit, oh fucking shit.
What now?! Stephanie isn't going to drop this. She won't let this go. What if she runs off and tells Jaime?
I stand up and walk to my room to put on a pair of pants. I find a shirt on the floor and yank that on before heading out the door. I see Stephanie's car drive off and I sigh in relief. At least she's gone now.
I decide to go back inside the house. I'l have to go up to Paloma later, this hang over isn't going away anytime soon.
I'm laying down on my couch, waiting for the Advil to hit, when I hear loud banging on my door. I sigh and walk to go see who it is. Paloma.
I open the door and Paloma storms in, pushing me while she walks by.
"Paloma-", I mumble.
"Don't say anything. I came here to tell you that it's over.. Before you come and tell me."
"Wait- what?!", I yell.
"Don't yell, you have no reason to!"
"You're not even giving me a chance to explain!"
"Those blotches on your neck say it all. It's okay though, you don't NEED to explain anything. How did I expect this work out anyways?"
"W-what?!"
"This obviously wasn't going to work out, either way. You and Stephanie belong together, who am I to get in-between that?"
"Seriously? I don't want her- Paloma, listen to me. Nothing happened! There's a lot I need to tell you, alright? These stupid hickeys- that's all that happened. I swear! Let me explain-"
"Then there's Jaime. Jaime would never tolerate this. I'm only eight-teen.. what the hell was I thinking?"
She's not even listening to me.
"Paloma, stop! Stop!", I say as I walk to her. I grab her hands in mine and stare at her. "Do you even know what you're saying right now?"
She stares at me, tears coming down her cheeks. "I just feel so stupid.", she says and looks down. "What made me think that I was going to end up with you?"
"What?! Paloma- just stop talking, alright! You're saying non-sense right now! Believe me when I fucking say that I didn't do anything with her! You think that if I didn't want this to workout some how that I'd try to explain myself? No! I would have stopped this a long time ago if I really didn't want you, alright! But I'm still here! You're not the only one in this! If Jaime finds out- fuck it! Blame me! It's my fault that I love you, alright? Remember that!""
She stares at me, silent.
"Do you understand? Have I not stressed it enough that you're all I really want? What happened last night was a huge mistake! I got drunk and fucked everything up, and I'm so sorry, Paloma. I didn't want any of that to happen. Trust me, I did nothing with her. These stupid hickeys-", I say and touch my neck. "That's it! That's all that happened!"
"What- what got you to stop?", she asks quietly. I sigh and let go of her hands, then walk to the couch. I sit down and she sits down next to me.
"That's what I need to talk to you about. When I get drunk, I say shit. A lot of shit...", I mumble.
Paloma turns and looks at me. "What did you say?"
I turn to her and she scoots closer to me. "Stephanie said that I wouldn't stop talking about you."
Her eyes get wide. "What?", she gasps. "What- what were you saying about me?"
"According to her, a lot of stuff. How I shouldn't be with her, I should be with you... how happy I am when I'm with you... which were all true.", I say and shrug.
Paloma stands up. "Tony- this is bad! This is Stephanie! She- she could tell Jaime! What did you say?! What did you tell her to cover it up?!"
"I didn't know what to say, Paloma! I just told her that I was drunk and I didn't know what the hell I was talking about! I couldn't think of anything else."
She starts to pace around the room, biting her nail. "This is bad, Tony.", she repeats.
I stand up and grab her arm, then pull her to me. "The only thing we could do now is.. nothing. I already told Stephanie what I needed to say. She's out of my life now, she has no reason to come back and tell Jaime anything. Besides- it was all rated G stuff anyways. It's not like I was telling her all the things we do."
She nudges me. "Come on, Tony. This is serious."
I chuckle and stuff my face into her neck. "I know. But I feel like shit right now. Because of the hangover and because I left you alone on your birthday."
I feel her hand lay on my hips. "Well... half of me says that you deserve it, but half of me doesn't."
"If it makes you feel better, I cried about you."
She pulls away and smiles at me, trying to hold in her laughter. "You.. cried?"
I nod and sigh.
"Why the hell did you cry?", she giggles.
"Because- Jaime.. he wouldn't understand, I don't know."
"You told Stephanie a lot of things she shouldn't have known."
"I know. But like I said, she has no reason to come back. It's done with her."
Paloma sighs and lays her head on my chest. "I hope so."
I walk her to the couch and we lay down on it. "I'm sorry, Paloma. I didn't want your birthday to end up like this."
She chuckles and plays with my hair. "That's okay. Guess it just took a turn for the worst. If it wasn't for Jaime pulling us away from each other..."
"Jaime. It's always Jaime."
She laughs.
"I wanted to give you a gift..", I say and run my hands down her side.
She looks up at me and smirks. "I don't want anything from you.."
"I'm pretty sure you want this gift."
"Oh really?"
I laugh and crawl over her, then shower her neck with kisses. "Yes. Positive."
She giggles and then her breathing becomes heavy as I start to reach under her shirt. This could also be a cure for a hangover, I feel better already. Her legs wrap around me and I slide my hand down her pajama pants, leading myself to her.

We weren't expecting what was about to happen next, that's for sure.

~

As I'm about ready to accept the wonderful gift Tony was about to give me, someone barges right through the door.
I don't even need to see who it is. I could tell just by their voice.
"Tony! We're out of-", I hear.
My heart stops.
I sit up and Tony turns around to face Jaime. Jaime's jaw drops and he walks to us.
"P-Paloma?? Don't fucking tell me that's you under him-", he says and walks closer.
Tony gets off of me and stands up. "Jaime-"
Jaime makes eye contact with me and I quickly stand up.
"What the hell are you doing with my sister, man? What the hell is going on here?", Jaime says, his voice raising up.
"Jaime, it's not what you think, we were just-", Tony tries to explain. We both know, there's no getting out of this one.
"How are you going to try to give me a cheap excuse? I just fucking saw you macking on my sister!"
"Jaime! Look-"
"Paloma- you're getting out of here- come on!", Jaime says. He grabs me and pulls me by his side. I try tugging away.
"No! Jaime- listen!", I say and pull away. "That's it- it's over. There's no running away from this!"
Tony stares at me and I look at Jaime.
"Tony and I- we're together, Jaime."
Jaime laughs and then looks at Tony. "You've got to be fucking kidding me right?"
Tony looks down. "There's- there's no other reason why Paloma and I would be here, Jaime."
Jaime's laugh fades away and the next thing I know, he has Tony by the collar of his shirt.
"You've got to be KIDDING me!", he yells in his face. "You fucking PRICK. She's my fucking SISTER."
"Jaime! Jaime- calm down, let us explain!", Tony yells, trying to push Jaime off.
"Explain? Explain what? You want to give me details on how you've been fucking my sister!?"
Tony shoves Jaime off of him. "It's not like that!", he yells.
Jaime shakes his head. "I didn't expect this, man. Not from you. Definitely not you. You're my best friend- she's my sister! She's barley eight-teen!"
"I know, it's crazy, but we've been-"
"Been?! How long has this shit been going on!?"
Tony and I stay silent.
"Oh fuck no-", Jaime mumbles.
It all happens so fast.
All I see is Tony stumble down to the floor, Jaime throwing punches at him.
"Jaime! Jaime, no!", I scream and try pulling him off.
Tony punches him and Jaime falls off of him. "Go get Mike-", is all I hear him say before Jaime launches himself back on him. I run off as fast as I can to the house.
Thankfully, Mike is and Vic are in the kitchen. They both look up at me.
"Paloma-", Vic says.
"Mike! G-go!!!", I stutter out.
"What?"
"Jaime and Tony, they're fighting! Go!!", I yell and run outside.
Vic and Mike run behind me. We run to the condo and see Tony and Jaime just going at it on the front porch.
"Ay! Hey!!", Mike yells. Vic runs to Jaime and tries taking him away from Tony. Mike manages to take Tony away.
"Get the fuck out of here! I'm kicking you out- Leave!", Jaime yells in a booming voice.
Tony shoves Mike away and Mike goes directly to Jaime, helping Vic hold him back. Tony walks inside his condo and comes back out with a jacket, his cellphone, and keys in hand.
Jaime pulls out of Mike and Vic's grips and pushes Tony. Tony pushes him back and before Jaime gives him another blow to the face, Mike and Vic grab him.
Tony walks up to me and grabs me by my shoulders.
"Tony- Tony, where are you going? Take me with you- please!", I say urgently.
"Get the FUCK away from from her!", Jaime yells. He gets out of their grip again and grabs me. "Leave! You're not coming anywhere near Paloma or this fucking house- leave!"
There's blood running down Tony's nose and his lip is split from the bottom. He stares at Jaime long and hard. "I'm going to tell you this one time and one time only- You will not take her away from me."
"Motherfucker- get out!", Jaime yells.
Tony walks to his car and gets in it. I try my hardest, then finally achieve to get out of Jaime's tight grip. I run up to Tony's car.
"Tony- Tony!"
"Pack up all your things- I'll come back to get you. Be ready.", he simply says. Before I could say anything else, Jaime's hands are around my waist, pulling me back. Jaime kicks Tony's car before it drives off.
I hopelessly watch as I see it fade away into the street.
Jaime drags me inside the house and Mike and Vic pull him away from me, scared that he might pull something. Tony isn't the only one who came out of that fight with bad marks. Jaime has a busted lip and his black eye is already starting to swell up.
"You're- you're never going near him again! You hear me? What the fuck were you thinking, Paloma?!", he yells.
"No- no! You can't tell me what to do anymore- you didn't even give us a chance to-"
Jaime grabs me by my shoulders. "You're not going to be with him, Paloma! No! I'd rather send you to fucking Oregon than to be with him!"
"Jaime-", Vic says, pulling him away from me.
"Can you believe that? Tony and my sister? Fucking TONY?! And my fucking SISTER?! No, no, this can't be real right now-"
"Jaime, relax, we need to get you cleaned up.", Mike says and sits him down on the couch.
"He's out- I kicked him out. I don't know, Vic. You're gonna have to make him record his guitar shit somewhere else, he isn't getting anywhere near this house."
"You can't do that- you don't understand-", I start to say.
Jaime shoots me a look. "Do you not get it?! He's twenty-six! It's not gonna happen! You're not going to-"
"It's been happening! You can't stop it!", I yell.
Jaime stands up, pushing Mike away. Vic stands next to me.
"Paloma-"
"You can't. Stop it.", I say through my teeth.
"I can't?!"
"No!"
"Well watch me send you to Oregon with Aunt Jackie then! That'll stop it!"
"Jaime- You can't-"
"Yes, I can, Paloma! And I fucking will!"
I push him as hard as I can and cry. "Why can't you understand!"
"You're moving in with her- I'll call her right now-"
He leaves to the kitchen to get his phone and I run to my bedroom. I shut the door and lock it. Angie- I forgot she was here.
"Angie- Angie, wake up!", I say and shake her. She sits up and rubs her eyes.
"W-what?", she says in a shaky voice.
"Help me pack up-"
"What??", she asks more alert now.
"Long story. Just- help!"
I pull out my old suitcases and bags and start to stuff them with my clothes. Angie asks no more questions and tries pulling herself together to help me pack up.
"Paloma- what happened?", she asks as she stuff in random shirts into a duffle bag.
"I'm leaving with Tony."
She stops for a second, then keeps on packing. "Jaime found out..", she mumbles.
"We need to hurry."

I take my phone out and send Tony a quick text.
'Pick me up now! I'll be ready.'

Being 18 is already starting to turn into an adventure.
One that I don't seem to want.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been lagging it on the updates, I know. I'm sorry :/

But damn, this is when Tony and Paloma's relationship falls apart, kinda. Sorry, but you know it was eventually going to happen. Hmm, was this a long chapter? Idk. :** I'm excited to start writing the next one!

I hope you all liked it, sorry for the wait. Feedback is always appreciated. You have no clue how much it means to me. Thank you to all of my subscribers and readers! I never thought I'd reach up to that much! All those amazing anons, mmf, ILY.

k so enough of this stupid author's note. I got a new chapter to type :)
ILY ALL. x