Status: Finished!

Playground Love

The Rush of Blood to the CHEEKS

I wake up before anyone else does. It's boring in this room, so I walk out into the hallway and towards the kitchen. Today, I just want to be left alone. How I wish that Jaime and them would just leave somewhere. But sadly, today we'll be moving everything around.
I sigh and sit down at the kitchen table. The house is dead silent. I shouldn't make any noises since Jaime's asleep on the couch.
I play with my phone and iPod to kill some time. As I do I hear the front door unlock. I stand up and peak over from the wall at it.
The windows are covered with the curtains so I can't see through there. The door unlocks and I see Jaime walk in.
I thought he was asleep on the damn couch.
He shuts and locks the door then hangs his jacket up on the coat hanger. When he turns around, I quickly jump back to the kitchen table and hide there.
What is he doing out so early in the morning? It's barley seven. Maybe he went to go buy some food? But he didn't have any bags with him...
I hear him walk to the bathroom and shut the door.
I take this time to sprint back to the room. I get in and quietly shut the door. That was really weird.
A few minutes later, there's a light knock on my door.
Oh no, it's probably him. I don't want to talk to him, I don't want to see him, I don't even want to hear his voice.
I panic a little and jump in bed, pulling the covers over me. I turn to my side and face the window.
The door opens and hear someone -most likely Jaime- walk into the room. He makes his way to my bed I suppose, because after that I feel someone sit down on the side of it.
“Paloma?”, he whispers. I squeeze my eyes shut. Don't answer. “I wish I could prove to you...”, his voice trails off.
My eyes open and I could faintly see his reflection from the window. “I'm sorry.”, he croaks. He gets off the bed and leaves the room.
I sit up and stare at nothing.
Ever since I came in this house its been nothing but drama.
It's not like I wanted Jaime to feel this way, I didn't. But the reality of it is, that it's never going to change. Almost 18 years of being out of my life- this is what happens. No worries, I'll be out of here in a while. Then he won't feel like that anymore.

“Tony!”, Jaime yells. Tony comes out carrying a big box full of things.
“Coming!”
“Here- just place it on the porch! We'll move it all in when we have everything out.”
Tony nods and sets the box down next to a whole bunch of other boxes.
“Paloma, would you help Tony carry in all his toys?”, Mike says.
We're moving everything around right now. Everyone seemed to have forgotten about what happened yesterday- thankfully. Other than what he said to me earlier this morning- Jaime hasn't even brought it up. And Tony... well..
“Toys?”, I laugh and look at Tony.
He rolls his eyes and punches Mike. “They're Star Wars figures. Not toys!”
He laughs and we walk back in the house.
“You like Star Wars?”
He smiles and shows me what his knuckle tattoos say. Star Wars.
Without thinking, I grab his hands and touch the tattoos.
“Wow. You really do.”
“Dedication.”, he murmurs. I chuckle.
I look at his hands for a bit. The two candy skulls on them. I look up at him. He smiles and pulls his sleeves up to reveal some more of his tattoos.
I look over all of them, his hands still in mine. “Whats this date mean?”
“The date my father passed away.”
I look back up at him. “Right... I'm sorry.”
He pulls his sleeves back down and I let his hands drop. “It's okay. It happened a long time ago.”
“But it happened.”
He stares at me for a while, then looks down and smiles. “The hurt goes away after some time.. Not fully.. But it gets better.”
I smile. “I hope so.”
He rubs my arm and we stare at each for some time, the feeling between us changing. For some reason, I grab his hand again and trace over the date on his arm. His finger goes under my chin and he lifts up my head, staring at me right in my eyes.
Then something happens- something clicks... The look in his eyes, it changes. The feeling in my stomach, it changes.
I look away and back off. “We should get your stuff.”, I mumble. Without saying another word, I walk into his room and grab a random box. He comes up from behind me and grabs the one next to it. Then we walk back outside in silence.

~

Whoa. What. The. Fuck.
That was really weird and I mean really, really, weird. The way her hands felt in mine, the feeling I got when I looked in her eyes, everything about that moment.
I shake it off as we get to Jaime. It's just an awkward situation. I'll pay no attention to it.
“Took you two long enough.”, Vic says. I glance at Paloma who glances away from me and looks down. I turn and see Jaime staring at me.
He starts to walk to me, but right then, my phone rings.
Stephanie.
“It's Steph guys. I'll be right back.”, I say and wave my phone at them. Jaime stops in his tracks and creases his eyebrows. I raise my eyebrows at him and walk into the house.
“Hey.”, I say.
“Hi... What you up to?”
Her voice a sweet little melody. There's noise in the background though.
“Just moving things in the house.. Where are you? It's loud.”
“Oh- I'm just out in a bar with Jamie.”
“Right..”
“I was thinking... that maybe we should talk.”
My heart drops. I knew this was coming. “About?”
She sighs and I hear her take a swig of her drink. “You know what about Tony..”, she mumbles.
“Well then I don't want to. I'm tired of that shit.”
“Tony-”
“No- look- if you don't have any fucking time for me, then alright, fuck it! But that's a bullshit excuse Stephanie and you know it too.”
“Why cant you understand?! We hardly see each other! School has been sucking the life out of me!”
I laugh. “Sure. All those times where I was busy with the band- did you ever fucking hear me say that I wanted to break up with you because I'm too busy? No!”
“Tony!”
I hang up and throw my phone in my pocket. Actually, I take it back out and turn it off.
Fuck that. There's something else going on. I feel it in my damn bones. Even though I want to deny it I can't. The feeling is there. It's planted in me now.
I hear someone walk in. I turn around and see Paloma make her way to me.
“Hey... You okay?”, she whispers. Her hands held together in front of her. Her black hair fallen to her right side. The concerned look in her face.
I force a smile and try to let go of the anger. “Yeah- I'm fine.”
She grins. “Alright.”
“Let's get some more of those boxes?”
She smiles and nods. “Yup.”

~

“Good work guys!”, Jaime says and flops on the couch. “I'm so tired.”
Mike falls next to him and Vic sits on the arm of the couch. I watch as Tony makes his way to the couch, then carefully sits next down next to me.
“All we need to do is fix all of Paloma's things into her new room.”, Mike mumbles.
"I'll take care of that. You guys already did enough. Thank you.”
I nudge Tony and he turns to me. “Hmm?”
“I hope you like your new home.”
He smiles. “It's roomy. I think I'll dig it.”
“Didn't any of you guys want the condo?”, I say and look at the guys.
Jaime waves his hand at me and shuts his eyes. “Nah. I love my room.”
Mike shrugs. “My room already has my print on it. I cant leave it.”
“Tony and I did rock, paper, scissors. The bastard won.”, Vic says and sips his water.
“Woo.”, Tony cheers and lifts his hands up. He sets them down and I laugh.
“You must be good.”
“I got lucky.”
I smile and stare at him.
I notice all these smalls things about him. He has a really perfect nose. His facial expressions are perfect too. His longish black hair flowing out of his snap-back. And his smile... He has the most sweetest smile...
He suddenly makes eye contact with me and grins. “What..?”, he whispers.
I feel the blood rush up to my cheeks. I quickly brake eye contact with him and stand up. “I'll be in my new room, putting- putting my stuff away.”, I say nervously. They all look up at me. Tony especially. He gives me a confused look. I stare at him, wide eyed.
Oh fuck, oh fuck, just leave!!! Fuck!
My face gets hot and before anyone could say anything, I leave.
I practically sprint to my room. I finally get in and shut the door behind me.
“I'm so stupid.”, I murmur to myself. I lean against the door and slowly slide down to the floor. My face in my hands.
What is with me?? Why am I acting like this??
I lay down on the soft carpet and shut my eyes.
Well, whatever it is it needs to stop.

Now.
♠ ♠ ♠
... The fourth chapter. *gasp* It's only gonna get better from here on out. It's a bit shorter than the others.. :p sorry.

Feedback would be great!! Message me on tumblr or leave comments?? It'd make me update faster!! js.