My Best Friend's Brother

Chapter 1 "Crash"

My Best friend’s Brother

Chapter 1
Crash

“I don’t wanna be the one
That let you go…
I don’t want to feel this way without you,
Oh no,
My heart is on a string for you,
I’ve been standing here all this time,
Waiting for you to notice,
Cause boy don’t yah know? I wanna be the girl that’s in your dreams, the one you listen too”

“Okay, That’s a wrap!” Tony, my manager, ordered.

“Whew!” I took a deep breath and wiped the sweat from my face. That was the tenth time I sung that song that day.

“Can I take a break now?” I asked

Tony sat back in his chair and wiped the sweat that was forming on his bald head.
“Yea we’re done for the day, kiddo.”

I took the head phones off my neck and walked out of the recording booth. I went back to my dressing room. The walls were covered with hot pink paint, my favorite color. I had a make-up counter and an awesome mega-huge mirror with gigantic lights hanging above it. I walked into the room and slammed the door behind me. I grabbed a bottled water from my fridge, took a seat in my fuzzy pink movie star chair and gulped it down like I had been in the desert. I was pooped, Tony had been working me all day long. I entered the studio at 9am it was now 2pm, where had the time gone.

I laid back in the chair, turned on my ipod and put in the earphones. I was completely in heaven until there was a knock at my door.

“Come in!” I shouted as I turned down my music.

A lady in a navy blue business suit peered into the room. She had long light blonde hair that was in a messy bun, and a head set strapped to her ear.

“Ms. Pink, you have a visitor,” said Tony’s assistant.

“Let them in,” I requested.

I wasn’t expecting any visitors today.. I thought.

A short girl with long flowing black hair walked into the room. She was wearing a blue top with a heart on it, and a blue jean mini-skirt.

“Nice Job on the song. The album’s going to be rockin’!”

My face lit up. “Jazmine! I thought you had to work today,”

Jazmine plopped down on my new pink fuzzy couch and kicked off her blue heels.

“I took the day off. I wouldn’t miss my best friend’s first live recording; not for all the coffee cakes in the world!”

We both laughed.

Jazmine and I had been best friends all our lives. We met in kindergarten. We did almost everything together, sleepovers, parties, family vacations. She was like the sister I always wanted. She recently started working at this coffee shop down town called Mocha Madness. I always looked up to Jazmine because she hardly ever missed a day of work, even when she had to work over time, she never said a word. I couldn’t keep a job to save my life.

I got a job at McDonalds three months ago and got fired on the third week. A lady in the drive-thru tried to get rude with me so I snapped at her. I was out of there quicker than you could say “I’m lovin it,”

Jazmine stretched out on the couch for a couple of minutes, then glanced at her bright yellow bumble-bee watch. When she saw the time her brown eyes grew large. The raven haired girl jumped off the couch like it was on fire.

Jazmine placed her hands on her cheeks, “Oh no! I gotta go!”

I turned around in my chair with a piece of popcorn hanging from my mouth. “But you just got here.” I mumbled as I shot her a puzzled look.

“I know but um….I gotta go pick up someone…”

“Who?” I asked.

I knew something was wrong; Jazmine wouldn’t look me in the eye. She looked every where else. She’s hiding something.. I know it.. but what?

The girl quickly put on her heels, grabbed her blue jean bag and ran out the room.

“See yah later, Angie!” she called back.

What was that about? I thought. I was too busy thinking about the secret Jazmine was keeping from me, I forgot the new Crash CD came out today!

Crash is my all time favorite band. I’ve been listening to them since seventh grade. I fell in love with them when my older sister, Kat took me to their concert. The lead singer, Rocky is like my idol. She has the same hair as me and loves my style of music. I used to have pink hair just like her, but my mom forced me to dye it back last year. She said something about me embarrassing the family...

Alex******

“Wow, it’s been so long since I’ve been in Denver.” I sat back in my tan airplane seat watching the clouds go by.

“Alex, I can’t believe we’re back!” Justin stared out the window in disbelief.

Justin was my best friend, we met in the second grade. We didn’t become friends right away, we actually used to hate each others guts. I started to hate him when he stole my first crush, Sadie Sanders. In fact we got into a huge fight over her, but in the end we found out she was cheating on him with Rustle Marcus. Justin and I decided to let the rivalry between us end and we’ve been best friends ever since!

“ I know dude, can’t wait to see how much my little sis has grown,”

“Yea, its been five years,” Justin sat back in his chair and turned up his ipod.

I smiled just thinking about her. My sister, Jazmine and I hadn’t seen each other in while, all we’ve done is talk on the phone. I’ve been gone from my hometown for so long because of my band “ The Eclectic Dragons” just recently hit it big. The band and I had to move to California to start recording. My parents were divorced and my dad lived in California so no discussion was needed; I was going.

“All passengers please buckle your seat belts, we are descending into Denver airport.”

We got off the plane and walked to the food court. I was starving, all they had on the plane was peanuts and orange juice. I’m allergic to peanuts and orange juice isn’t that tasty. For some odd reason I always preferred apple juice. Apples were my favorite fruit as I child, I was never too fond of oranges. I got a double cheese burger from Mc. Donald’s, while Justin got some chicken nuggets.

We sat at a table in the food court and ate our meals.

“Dude, where’s your sister?” Justin wiped his mouth with his napkin then continued to drink his grape soda.

“I don’t know, but she’s supposed to be here. My mom said she would pick us up.” I said.

We had been sitting in the food court for a while my sister said she would be here at three o’clock it was already four.

“It’s been an hour, I think she blew us off man.” Justin sighed.

I stared at my phone, “I’m starting to think so too.”

We grabbed our bags and decided to take a taxi to my house. We were headed towards my place when I remembered the new Crash CD was suppose to come out that day.

Crash had been my favorite band off all time. I fell in love with them when I went to their first concert ninth grade year. They were better live then they were on their CDs. I really like their drummer Eric, he’s my inspiration. The lead singer Rockie is hot and she can really sing. I was hoping to run into them in California, but it didn’t happen, sadly. I would love to play with them one day.

“Excuse me sir, we need to hit up the mall.”

The driver changed his course, he pulled into the parking lot in less than 10 minutes. We got out of the car and I ran to the music store.

Angie******

I pushed open the doors and ran inside the mall.

“I’m so late! I hope their not all gone!” I exclaimed

I turned the corner and spotted the last Crash CD in the window of the music store.

“Yes! Just in time!” I shouted.

I ran into the store and attempted to grab the CD, but some guy grabbed it at the same time I did. He was tall and had long black shoulder length hair. He had a fringe that covered his left eye. He was wearing a red band tee layered with a black winter jacket, and ripped black skinny jeans with a silver chain hanging from them. I saw a pair of drumsticks hanging out his back pocket. Maybe’s he’s a musician like me. I knew I had never met him before, but this guy kind of looked like Jazmine. I probably just thought this because they were both Asian. Maybe I was just seeing things because I wanted that CD so bad.

“Hey, it’s mine! I was here first!” I shouted.

“No! You clearly saw me grab for it!” the guy snapped back at me.

We started pulling the CD back and forth. The whole store was staring at us. We pulled so hard that the CD snapped in half! We both fell to the floor angry.

“Look at what you did! This is all your fault!” we yelled at one another.

“How dare you break my merchandise!” The owner came running out his office. He looked just as furious as we were(maybe even more.) We both got off the owner’s nice vacuumed, carpeted, floor.

“I’m sorry, we’ll pay for it,” we insisted.

We split the pay for the CD neither of us got, and walked out the store.

“Thanks to you I couldn’t buy the last CD! I hope your happy!” I folded my arms and glared at the very attractive guy.

“I wanted it too, but now neither one of us has it! Do you always mess people’s days up, or are you new at this? Because your doing a great job!” He shouted.

“Huh! How dare you talk to me like that? This is your fault! All you had to do was let go! I hope I never see you again!” I walked away furious.

“Same here!” He called after me.

I never knew such a cute guy could be so evil!

Alex*****

I walked back to the food court, and I saw Justin sitting at one of the tables.

“I can’t believe such a hot girl could be that rude!” I thought to myself.

Justin was sipping a smoothie, when he looked up and saw me.

“Did yah get the CD?” he happily asked.

I pulled out a chair and sat in it.

I crossed my arms, “No, some rude girl broke it,”

I put my head down on the table. “Why do people always have to ruin my day?”

“Wow! I’m sorry to hear that man. Was she even cute?”

“Gorgeous! But, her attitude stunk!” I replied.

The girl had long curly black hair with brown and blonde highlights. Her hair really complimented her milk chocolate skin. She was wearing pink, ripped, skinny jeans and a pink, leopard belly top that said rocker chick. She had a guitar on her back so she might have been a musician like me.

Justin sat there sipping his smoothie, interested by my crazy story.

“Why didn’t you get her number?”

I shrugged, “I was too mad I guess,”

Justin sipped the last of his strawberry banana smoothie and shook his head. I noticed my phone started to vibrate. I looked at it; it was a text from Jazmine. Finally we can go home!

For the first time in 20 minutes a smile came to my face.

“We can go now. Jazmine says she’s outside.”

Justin threw his empty smoothie in the garbage can.

“Cool,”

Then we got our stuff, and left the mall.