Status: Active

The Tragedy of R.M.S. Titanic

Meeting My Saviour

“Make way, make way!” A man in uniform tried to keep the crowd from going insane.

People splashed onto one another like an angry sea.

“Excuse me!” I had to shout over the loud voices.

Today was 10 April, 1912. The Titanic was ready to make it’s maiden voyage to The States. Ever since the people of Southampton made word of the glorious ship, I had made it my one, and only goal to board it.

“Hey! Watch where you’re going, you little brat!”

The bystander stared me down with an unblinking eye.

“I’m sorry mister, but I don’t have time to quarrel with a low-life such as yourself at the moment.” I spat.

“Excuse me?! Just who do you think you are, twat!!”

Everyone turned their heads to witness the commotion caused between the filthy forty-year-old man, and myself.

“Why, I ‘m Amelia Calder, and by the looks of yourself I believe you are a nobody, a delinquent.”

“Calder? Preposterous! I don’t believe you one bit! The Calder’s died in the fire!”

Since my parents death, I ran away. I felt as though I were free, and I was. But, when a stranger asked for my name they would think that I wasn’t “all there”, or that I was an imposter. You see, rumor was that all of the Calder’s were dead.

“Why my good sir, I can assure you that I am indeed Amelia Calder.” I pulled an emerald shaped star that hung on a silver chain. “Here, take a look at this beauty.” The gem had been passed down from many past generations and was notorious for the Calder family.

The man stared wide-eyed at the palm of my hand.

“Y-you thief! Guards, GUARDS! Capture her!”

I giggled and sprinted from the authority. I passed the crowd, and the White Star Line ticket booth, and stumbled on the boarding ramp. The ticket holders, and the police authorities were on my tail. In the end, it was I who was the delinquent. My legs were burning with fire as they pushed along.

“After her!” the males cried.

They were about a tenth of a kilometer behind me when I bumped into a tall figure dressed in a brilliant beige tail coat, and black slacks.

“Hell…” he whispered. He turned and saw the mob running after me.

“Quick! They’re af-“ I didn’t complete my explanation. Instead he took my hand, and lead me through a couple of halls, and pushed me into a well furnished room along with himself. He stood by the wooden door with his ear pressed against it, and sighed.

“Honestly, you really do need to be more responsible.” He turned to me.

His eyes obtained a pale grey colour, and had creamy skin. His hair was a bit shaggy, and was slightly parted down the near middle.

“Why in the world would a sweet girl like you stir up the authorities?”

I gave him a devious smirk. “Hello there. My name is Amelia Calder, it’s a pleasure to meet you as well.” I presented myself with my left hand held out to the man.

He took a few moments to respond, but reluctantly took my hand in his warm one, and brought it to his soft lips.

“Hello. My name’s Nicholas, Nicholas Collins.”
♠ ♠ ♠
http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/309575448/5x6mm_Green_Created_Emerald_Star_Shape_Pendant.jpg

The emerald necklace that belongs to the Calder family.
Again, thank you for reading. I do hope you like this!
I will write the next chapter! Thank you so much for reading. :) x