Status: slow updates for a little while :P

Something in the Water

In the year 2060, the road to parenthood has a new meaning.

The water supply that reaches every household is loaded with a substance that works as guaranteed birth control and disease prevention for males and females alike. Each member of the household is assumed to drink or handle this water every day of their life, from birth to death, without the conscious knowledge of it. The purpose of the substance is to eliminate unplanned parenthood, teenage pregnancy, and life-threatening diseases.

So how do you have a child?

To start, you must be at least 20 years of age. At this age, you are permitted to marry any spouse of your liking that also meets the age requirement. A month after marriage, you are both subject to the Evaluation.

The Evaluation is the background check. The Evaluators see everything that may have affected the outcome of your life up to date. They will never accept drug records, criminal records, or excessive events of alcohol consumption or smoking. They will not allow just anyone to raise a child.

Once passed by the Evaluators, you are directed to take the test for your license. This test is not a test to study for, because it is always different depending on each couple. You must repeat each step as many times as necessary until you are accepted. Then, you recieve your license.

The license allows you to be detoxified of the substance, and in a few weeks you become fertile for the first time in your life. Once fertile, the process is the same as it always has been.

After passing the age requirement, the marriage requirement, the Evaluation requirement, and the license requirement, you are authorized to legally raise a child of your own. In 2060, the four requirements are the only way to have a baby.

But Emma Sullivan and Ben Fletcher's road to parenthood is much different.

*****A/N : Just a disclaimer - please to not plagiarize/steal my writing. I wouldn't steal from you, and I'd expect you to respect me and my work enough to do the same.*****