Sequel: Infidelity.

Juvenile.

It's like a bad movie

Nikki and Gerard walked around the corner, it was one of those weekends she was staying in California and she’d dragged Gerard along with her. Her fist clenched so tight her knuckles were turning white. Her face drained of all colour and she held her breath. She kept on walking, but her feet felt like they were encased in cement. She could hear the thudding of her heart in her ears. Her stomach twisted, turned and flipped around. The sirens where so loud. The flashing police cars lined up, two ambulances. One stood silently the other was just driving away. She got closer. There was yellow tape around a house. Her house. She ran up to it. A police officer caught her. “I’m sorry miss, this is a crime scene. Stay behind the tape.” His moustache was bushy and moving with every word.

“Th-that’s my house!” She stuttered.

“Nicola Fawcett? Come with me please.” He said motioning towards one of the cars. She walked to the cars griping Gerard’s hand. She glanced back at the house seeing a black shiny body bag being hauled out of the front door. That’s not one of them. They’re ok. Everything is o-fucking-kay. “I’m sorry.” The officer said, Officer Brennan. With those words all hope she had that her parents were fine, flew out the window. “There’s been an accident.” Her head throbbed and she wanted to be sick. “You’re mom died while she was asleep, your dad is hanging on, and he’s in the hospital I’ll take you there now.” Nikki whimpered and clutched on to Gerard. They arrived at the hospital and were shown directly to her dad’s room. She took one step inside the white room, only noise coming from the beep on the heart monitor. She pushed back out side and ran to the bathroom. She spewed her guts into the toilet bowl. She leaned back against the cubicle wall, sobbing and shaking. ‘It’s okay Nik; you’ll wake up in a minute it’s just a dream. Just a fucking nightmare!’ She pinched her arm, and didn’t 'wake up'. She did it again and again, until the pain began to get comforting. She was startled by a knock on the door.

“You ok, Nik?” It was Gerard.

“Gerard you’re not supposed to be in here.” She said avoiding the question.

“I don’t care. Let me in.” She sighed and opened the door from her sitting position on the floor with her knees tucked into her chest. He sat down on the floor too, leaning on the opposite wall. “I have no idea what you’re going trough, I can’t imagine loosing my-”

“Don’t say it,” She cut him off. “If you say it, it become’s real. Don’t fucking say it.” After a few minute of avoiding his eye’s she spoke again. “She’s gone hasn’t she?” She asked and when he didn’t answer she covered her face with her hands, and cried. He pulled her close and let her soak his shirt in tears. Letting a few fall himself.