Sequel: Infidelity.

Juvenile.

She says she'd like to score some reefer and a forty

“Look Nik, one day you’ll find a guy who will really love you for the beautiful and amazing person you are! Now, you should like sleep or something, it’s been a tough day,” Gerard said giving Nikki a hug.

“Well, this baby,” she said pointing to her heart. “Is getting locked in a safe, surrounded by sharks with guns! So he has five days to show up.”

“Five days?”

“That’s how long the sharks have to wait for their gun permits.”

“Okay, weirdo!” He said leaving her room, Ashling was stood out side.

“I couldn’t help but over hear, because I was trying to. But, are you the guy?”

“What?!”

“Are. You. The. Guy. You. Were. Talking. About?!”

“I don’t know I mean, he had his back to me...”

“What?”

“I had an image in my head of her and some guy hugging,” He said shrugging his shoulders, and walking to the sofa.

“Turn him around,” she said, following him. “Is it you?”

“Yeah,” He sighed.

“Knew it!” she said, clapping her hands together.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out you like her,” she said, sitting on Tom.

“Did you know too?” Gerard asked Tom.

“Yeah, kinda,” Tom said.

“How long?”

“Like 3 months,” Ashling said, lighting a cigarette.

I haven’t even known for that long!”

“Well that makes you an idiot.”

“Thanks! Does Nik know?”

“Nope, she’s as much of an idiot as you.”

“I’m gonna go home, I’m tried,” Gerard said getting up and walking out the door.

Nikki lay in her bed starring at her ceiling, replaying the last two months in her head. She was trying to convince herself she just had a little crush on Gerard, and when James took an interest in her it seemed like the perfect distraction. The first three weeks he was so sweet. Then he hit her, assured her it was entirely accidental. She was standing too close when he turned around. After that, every time she wore a short skirt, a low cut top or even talked to another guy, she’d earn a new bruise. She wasn’t particularly tall, around 5”5, she was slim. Not the statistics of a predominantly strong person, if he wanted to he could’ve easily killed her. But that wasn’t the way he worked, he was more of a ‘teaching her a lesson’ type. She only put up with it because she was scared of him! The first time he hit her face, was the day everyone found out. He came round when she was on the phone to Gerard, he was certain she was cheating on him with Gerard. He squeezed her arms so tight her hands started to feel numb and then he let go pushed her against the wall. The push was followed by him swinging his right hand backwards then across her face.