Sequel: Infidelity.

Juvenile.

And when she walks,

“Ok, I will let you in on my dirty little secret; if you promise to keep it just that, a secret,” Nikki said to Gerard. They were out wandering the streets of Jersey trying to find something to entertain themselves.

“Definitely sounds interesting,” he said.

“Promise?” She asked, stopping in the middle of the street.

“Cross my heart,” he said drawing an imaginary cross on his chest.

“Come on then,” said Nikki, leading him down a dark ally to an even darker looking street with multiple clubs and late night shops selling cheap alcohol, cigarettes and munchies for the junkies.

“Err Nik, where are we?”

“Gerard, for once in your whole goddamned life, shut up and just follow me!” Nikki said.

“Jeez, sorry!” She led him into a dingy shop, which definitely could do with a good clean.

“Oh, hi Sophie!” The store employee’s said.

“Hey, Stephan,” Nikki said waving at the young Latin American looking guy.

“Sophie?!” Gerard whispered harshly, once out of ear shot of the guy.

“Yeah,” she laughed. “Why not?”

“Erm, you’re not ‘Sophie’,” he said, blankly.

“Don’t you just wish you could just be some one else some times? Even if that person doesn’t exist, you could just be anyone you wanted and never have to worry about the consequences,” she said, walking through the back of the store and down some dark stairs.

“That was, err, a bit profound for you wasn’t it?” He asked, hearing the gentle hum of music close by, but passing it off as a near by night club.

“Shut up!”

“So, Sophie, what is this place?”

“Well, this place,” She said opening the pushing open the tall industrial type doors open. “Is the best underground club in the whole of New Jersey, and my-”

“Dirty little secret,” Gerard cut in. “That if anyone found out about I’d probably loose my balls and/ or any other valuable piece of my anatomy!” He said.

“Got it in one!” She smiled.

The doors led to a bar area with a few tables and ashtrays. It was reasonably calm compared to the frenzy below. Another set of dark, grimy set of steps and Gerard was introduced to new type of world he had never even imagined before. But more importantly he was introduced to a new type of Nikki. One that didn’t need, want or crave the control the Nikki he knew did. He watched the sea of people move around in no particular set move met. People doing what they wanted, when they wanted. He watched Nikki turn into a trance like state as the music from the live band washed over her. Pulling her further away from her already loose grip on reality.