Sequel: Infidelity.

Juvenile.

Listenin' to rap metal

“Does it have to be a dress? Cant I just wear a top and a skirt in the same colour?” Nikki asked Ashling. They were trawling round the shops looking for a suitable dress; so far, there was not one Nikki even liked.

“No, it has to be a dress! Plus, it’ll give you practise for when you wear your bridesmaid dress,” Ashling grinned.

“What was that?” Nikki said, stopping in of middle of the street.

“I want to you wear a dress for my wedding!”

“Like fuck I’m wearing two dresses!” She said crossing her arms across her chest.

“Pwease Nikki-wikki...” Ashling pouted.

“No, Ash I’m sorry but I’m not being told what to wear twice,” she turned round the corner and something caught her eye. She spotted a little boutique. She went inside the pale pastel green coloured store named Love Lilly x.

“Please Nik; for me?” Ashling begged.

“Can I choose it?”

“Yeah, and Tom’ll pay for it,” Ashling laughed.

“Ok then,” she gave in. Ashling smiled and waited outside the shop having a cigarette whilst Nikki looked through the dresses. She picked up three different dresses; a black, purple and red one. Each dress was stunning in its own way, but wasn’t quite right on her. The black one was about 4 miles too long. The purple on was too short and the red one was far too deep cut for her. She left the changing rooms sighing in defeat as she hung the dresses back up.

“D’ya need any help there, sweetheart?” The shop owner asked. She had long jet black hair, bright green eyes and a nose ring.

“Not unless you can make me taller,” she said sarcastically.

The shop owner looked as is she was thinking seriously. “You know I might have a few things in the back that’ll suit you,” she said. “My names Kim by the way,” She said sticking her hand out.

“Nikki,” she smiled, shaking Kim’s hand. Kim turned around and walked through a door behind the counter. She came back with two handfuls of hangers with al sort of different dresses on them.

“Ok,” Kim breathed. She held dresses up against Nikki, if she didn’t think the looked right she’d put them on a rail on one side of her, if she did they’d go on the rail on the opposite side. “Try these two.” She passed Nikki an ivory coloured dress and an inky blue coloured one. Nikki looked at her disbelievingly; neither seemed like the type of colours that’d suit her. “Go on!” She ushered Nikki into the changing rooms. She tried the ivory coloured one on first, it reminded her a lot of that Marilyn Monroe dress. She stepped out of the changing room and came face-to-face with Ashling’s digital camera.

“Ash! I don’t like pictures!” Nikki whined putting her hand in front of the lenses.

“But you look stunning!” Ashling complimented.

Nikki was still unconvinced. She was naturally quite pale and the colour made her look washed out. “Let me try the other one.” The other dress was a-lined and finished just above her knee. It was a ‘v’ necked shaped and spaghetti strapped. The back was low cut, so showed off her new tattoo, and had the same plaited material that made the straps, criss-crossed all the way down the gap in the back. The dark colour made her eyes pop and contrasted her skin perfectly. She pulled her hair out of the messy bun she had shoved it in that morning and let it hang round her shoulders.