Sequel: Infidelity.

Juvenile.

Her name is Nona, she's a rocker with a nose ring,

She was sat at the back of the English class, but not on her own. Even against multiple warnings from the teacher, Mrs Ciff, Gerard sat next to her doodling little carton vampires on his notebook. She wondered why he was being nice to her; she had so far been nothing more than a bitch to him. No body in the whole god forsaken school even talked to her why did he? She was just the out cast that liked rock, piercings, tattoos, alcohol and smoking rather than the average student’s preferences at that school which consisted of popularity, money, pastel colours and casual sex. Now the boy next to her bent over a notebook drawing fantasy creatures with the look of pure concentration etched onto his face seemed to be her only friend. But she didn’t want friends. She didn’t need friends. She’d got by without any friends for, well most of her life. It’s not like he had friends here or even a hope in hell of getting friends here.

“Nicola! Are you listening?” Mrs Ciff yelled from the far side of the class room in front of the giant whiteboard.

“Do I ever?” she asked her head resting in her arms trying to catch up on the sleep she’d missed out on last night after her cousin, Ashling, hauled her off to some big ass rock show in town and they ended up with the guys from a band in some bar.

“Well you better had if you want a better job than behind the counter at McDonalds.”

“Well that’s where most of these losers are gonna end up, if their parents don’t bail them out, I might as well join ‘em.”

“Don’t try and be funny with me! Just do your goddamn work.”

She took no notice and carried on resting her head across the table. Gerard was still undisturbed in his trance but she noticed how his ebony hair fell across his determined caramel hazel eyes. “So, doing anything fun this weekend?” She asked attempting a conversation.

“No, probably just hanging out with my little brother. You?” He looked up from his scrawling.

“Nah, not really just goin’ out with my cousin,” Ashling was the only person who particularly liked her.