Sequel: Infidelity.

Juvenile.

Drivin' in a Trans-Am

Nikki was trying to get ready for the party later tonight. She was so close to punching her aunt in the face. She would just not shut up about anything! Whether it was gloating about her new pool or complaining about her neighbours dog, she would just not shut her mouth for half a second.

There was many reasons Nikki didn’t like her aunt Emma, one of them being when her dad had died Emma didn’t even go to the funeral, what type of person says they cant go to their own brothers funeral because they had to keep a hair appointment. Also, whenever Nikki was around her aunt she always seemed to make a comment about her appearance, some of Nikki’s most hated comments were that she looked; anorexic, overweight, like a whore... and the most recent, ‘Why do you insist on wearing such short skirts with legs like that!’ No, Emma was not a nice person at all.

Emma had been in Jersey for 3 days and was planning on being here for another 3. She was staying in a hotel because Nikki and Tom, refused to let her stay in the apartment.

The only reason Nikki was dreading the party- Emma. She hoped she would stay clear of Gerard, god only knows what she’d say about his long black hair. Nikki wouldn’t be able to drink or smoke until Emma had decided she was tired and went back to her hotel, Emma would hit the roof if she knew Ashling and Nikki smoked.

Nikki left her room and walked into the kitchen wearing only an oversized t-shirt. She had a bright green face mask on and her hair was up in a messy bun. Emma was in the kitchen drink tea and gasped when she saw Nikki. “What have you got on your face?”

“Face mask,” Nikki said through a clenched jaw.

“You need more than that,” Emma said and sipped her tea, her little finger sticking out. “You need a miracle,” she whispered.

Nikki pretended not to hear and grabbed some cookies out of the cupboard slamming the door closed. “Wouldn’t do that if I was you,” Emma said as Nikki brought the cookie to her lips.

“Wouldn’t you?”

“No, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips!”

I am not 50 like you! I can eat whatever I damn well want!” Nikki yelled and stomped into her bedroom, bursting into giggles as she did.

For the party tonight Emma had gone as far as renting out caterers and florists and a function room. Originally Nikki thought it was just going to be in the flat with a couple of crates of beer, but now she understood why she had to get dressed up... this was formal! The thought of Tom in a suit made her laugh.

She thought about her dress and then she realised her aunt didn’t know about her tattoo, she was going to go ape-shit when she see it.