Sequel: Infidelity.

Juvenile.

She is lookin' through me

They pulled apart and just looked at each other for a second. “Am I sti-” Gerard was going to ask if he was still a coward, but he was cut off by Nikki tangling her fingers in his already tangled black hair and pulling his face back for another long drawn out kiss.

When they eventually breathlessly pulled apart she wrapped her arms around his neck and held onto him like her life depended on it. “Why do you make it impossible for me to hate you? And I do hate you!” she said unconvincingly. “I do!”

“I love you, Nik.”

“So you just say that then everything is ok again? That isn’t how it works,” she said, turning on her heel and walking away herself. Gerard grabbed her hand.

“I love how you manage to get cold in the middle of summer, I love how you can’t sleep without socks, I love how you are emotionally attached to your fishnets, and I love how you make each day interesting and liveable and I love how you have to stand on your tip-toes just to kiss me. You’re only the person I can stand to see early in the morning, fuck, you’re the only person I want to see early in the morning! Nik, please, don’t go.” She looked up at him with tear filled eyes, how could she walk away after that?

“I hate that I love you!” she said and slapped him playfully on the chest. He zipped up his jacket that she was still wearing and put his arm around her shoulders.

“You wanna go home?”

“No, can I stay with you?” she asked putting her arm around his back. “Please?”