Sequel: Infidelity.

Juvenile.

She wears a two way, but I'm not quite sure what that means.

“So kiddo how was school?” Ashling asked sucking on a bottle of beer in a club in town. Nikki was only 17 but it’s amazing what a fake I.D. and allot of make up can do.

“Ok, I only got threatened with suspension like what, 6 times? Any way we got a new kid and he’s more normal that the rest of those robots.”

“Oh, looks like our little Nikki got herself a friend!” Ashling teased and punched her lightly on the arm.

“Whatever. I don’t do friends, Ash!”

“So what am I then? A ghost?”

“No, your family, I HAVE to like you!”

“If I wasn’t so drunk I’d be severely offended!” She laughed and ordered some more beers. “So, is he cute?”

“Who?” Nikki asked genuinely confused.

“The new kid ya spaz!”

“Gerard?!”

“Oh, I didn’t realise you were on a first name basis!”

Around 3 a.m. Nikki and Aisling rolled into Ashling’s two bedroom apartment. Laughing and giggling about something by now they have both completely forgotten. They stumbled around looking for some more alcohol, once they’d found a bottle of something each they sat down on the floor nursing their bottles. “Nik, you know I love you and you’re my favourite cousin...”

“Ash, I’m your only cousin.”

“Whatever, I mean don’t think I’m probing or anything and you can tell me to mind my own business if you want but-”

“Spit it out Ash!” Nikki cut off.

She took a deep breath. “Why don’t you want friends, why don’t you let any one get close? Why do you want to be on your own?!”

“I don’t WANT to be alone Ash! But do I have a choice? You’re the only family I have in the world.”

“You have your mom and dad!”

“They’re never there. They’re always away on business trips or holidays or just plain ignore me.”

“Ok, screw them. But the friends situation. Why babe?” Then the last thing Ashling expected from her tough punky heavy metal loving cousin happened. She cracked. She physically broke down into a fit of sobs.

“You think I like this? Don’t you think I want friends to go out with on the weekends and hang out with? But Ashy I’m scared. I’m scared ok?!” Ashling knew the fact they were both wasted out of their minds wasn’t helping the situation, she slung her limp arm around Nikki and let her cry into her shoulder. She never knew that beneath the carefree, happy-go-lucky surface, Nikki was troubled and depressed. She also didn’t know just how bad things had gotten at her home.