Sequel: Infidelity.

Juvenile.

There she goes again

Snuggling on the old falling apart but loved and oh so comfy recliner at five am, with your boyfriend, watching some ridiculously un-scary horror flick, is the best way to spend any night. No weed or alcohol required to enjoy this type of closeness. When ever any of the so called “scary scenes” filled the TV she nestled herself right into him, in competition with herself to see just how close she could get.

“Why are you doing that?” he asked, his eyes never once leaving the screen.

“Because... I’m scared?” she asked more than answered.

“Bull shit,” he chuckled. “You didn’t even get scared during ‘The Candyman’ and I nearly shit my fucking self!”

“Well you’re sitting like a mile away from me, and I’m cold, I hardly see you anymore and I want to be closer to you!”

“I couldn't sit a mile away from you if I tried! This seat’s only meant for one person I’m probably as close as I could ge-,” removing his eyes from the TV he noticed the hurt in her eyes. He pulled her on to his lap, one arm round her waist the other round her shoulder, laying her head on his chest and kissing the top of her head. “Is that better?” He felt her nod against his chest. As always her hair smelled like coconuts and his clothes smelled like aftershave and cigarettes. “I have something for you.” She stood to let him get up; he walked over to his bed side table and opened the first drawer. After shuffling around for a few moments he pulled out a piece of paper and handed it to her.

She had to hold back tears as she saw what it was.
He’d drawn her, on that day- the one were they were in the field of huge yellow flowers. She was sitting in between them, legs out stretched, hands behind her supporting her as she leaned back in the glow of the sun. He’d even added the cloud that looked like a giraffe!

“Gerard you fucking prick!” she laughed as her eyes watered. He just smiled at her,

“Do you like it?”

“I fucking love it! Thank you so, so much.”

“You don’t need to thank me! I love you,” he whispered, inching towards her and planting a soft, gentle kiss on her lips.

“I love you too, and I’m sorry for calling you a prick.” He laughed and put his arms around her, and his chin on her head. “You’re the most amazing boyfriend in the world, you know that?”

“Don’t be daft! But you really are the most perfect girlfriend in the world!”

“Ok, ok ‘nough of the mushy stuff, I need some sleep!”

She took off her cami and shorts and climbed into Gerard’s bed in her underwear. Gerard picked up his pyjamas and started walking towards the bathroom. “Gerard where the fuck you going?”

“To get changed,” he said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Behave! Take you clothes of and get in the fucking bed, its cold in here!” She didn’t think that he’d be self conscious, it never crossed her mind that any guy was self conscious.

“I-I don’t wan-wanna get changed in f-front of you,” he stuttered.

“Why?”

“Really want to know?” He’d raised his voice and Nikki was confused. “Because Nik, look at me I’m a fat fuck, I don’t even know why you are with me, there are so many hotter guy’s who’d kill to be with you!”

Instead of getting angry at him, for shouting at her and half implying she was shallow, she took a calming breath and stood up.
“Shut the fuck up Gerard, you are not fat, and I know why I’m with you, it’s cause I love you, you fucking fool! And I don’t care how many “hotter guys would kill to be with me” cause I want you! Gerard, you’re a beautiful person, inside and out.” Oh yes, she was cool enough to use air quotes. She grabbed his hand and dragged him into the bathroom, forcing him to look in the mirror. She pulled his shirt off him, an coincidently he got an itch on his arm and had to put his arm across his stomach to scratch it. “Gerard, how do you not see what I see?!” her voice had softened to almost a begging.

“What do you see?”

“This amazing, thoughtful, generous, caring, loving guy with a perfect body, the most beautiful eyes and a smile that makes my heart stop every time.” Her hands were on his face, making him look her in the eye.

“Thank you,” he smiled. She smiled back and got back into the bed, a few seconds later Gerard got in with only his boxers on. She remembered that he’s stayed in her bed with her with just his boxers on, but he was drunk therefore had more confidence and she figured that he thought now they were together she’d be looking at him differently.

She snuggled into his warm embrace. They were lying on the same pillow, even though it was a king size bed with plenty of space for them to spread out, they justwanted needed to be that close.