Sequel: Infidelity.

Juvenile.

With fishnets on, and dreadlocks in her hair

Two hours into her dreamless sleep, Nikki woke up, she was really cold and Gerard seemed to have stolen all the blankets. “Gerard!” she shouted, shaking him violently.

“What, what, what?! Are you okay?!” he asked jumping out of his skin.

“No. Quit hogging all the blankets, and open your arms ‘cause I’m freezing my fucking balls off!” half way through, Gerard had already wrapped her up in a big bear hug but she continued to rant. With no more problems the pair fell back to sleep.

Gerard woke up and looked at the clock next to his bed. 3:28 pm He groaned slightly and turned the clock around. Well, they didn’t go to bed ‘til at least half past five that morning. He glanced down at Nikki, she had hold of one of his hands, sandwiched it in between her own and had all three held tightly against her chest. With his free hand he brush back her hair from her face then ran his fingers through it, leaving his hand to rest at her hip.

Around fifteen minutes later she too woke up. “Gerard?”

“Mhmm.”

“Where you watching me sleep?”

“What? No... Yes.”

“Freak,” she muttered and kissed the part of his chest right next to where her head was. “What time is it?”

“you really don’t want to know...”

“Yes I do fuck face or I wouldn’t have asked.” She sat on his stomach and pinned his arms above his head. “Now tell me what the fucking time is before I a forced to tie you up!”

A cheeky grin formed on his face. “oh, really?”

She couldn’t help but laugh and she turned the clock around. 3:43 pm. “That’s just fucking brilliant!” she giggled and put it back in the right place. She realised she was still straddling him and rolled off before picking up one of his t-shirts off the floor, putting it on and then going upstairs.

Nikki had been here so many times before he could draw a map of how to get around the kitchen. She was reaching up into the cupboard when she felt a familiar pair of arms snake around her waist, and the most memorable soft lips travel up her neck. She turned around, still in his arms, and placed her own around his still t-shirtless body. “I wubb you, Gerard,” she whispered with a false lisp.

“Well that was just so damn cute! I love you too.” He leaned closer to her ear and whispered, “for always.”

“I miss them,” she said quietly.

“Who?”

“My mom and dad.”

Out of his whole life- what has been and what will be, this was one of the very few times Gerard knew there was nothing he could say that would make things better. So he just simply held her close, stroked her hair, kissed her temple and just held her.