Sequel: Infidelity.

Juvenile.

All the wind blows and the angels sing.

It was Monday morning and Nikki had just arrived at school, hours late. She casually strolled into her 3rd period, art.

“Nice of you to join us Nikki.” Mrs Reid the art teacher said throwing the cupboard door closed.

“D’ya mind not banging things I have a killer headache.” Nikki said slumping in a chair. Mrs Reid shook her head disapprovingly; she knew this meant she had a hangover.

“Just carry on with your coursework for the theme.” Mrs Reid ordered.

“And the theme was?”

“Light and dark.”

She nodded and started drawing she liked art, she could do art, she just didn’t want to. She spotted Gerard over the other side. She could be nice and go and sit by him. She would be doing him a favour by being kind and sitting by him. So he wasn't on his own. It sounded better in her head that way. But really she just didn’t want to sit on her own today and he hadn’t minded sitting by her last week.

“Hey.” She sat in the empty chair to his right.

“Hey, hangover?”

“Am I that easy to read?” She laughed and carried on with her drawing.

“Yeah actually.”

“Shut up! It’s not like I can remember anything!”

“You’re a little alcoholic aren’t ya?”

“No, I just drink allot...”

“Whatever.” He laughed.

“Can you draw eyes?” She asked.

“Yeah, pass it here.” She passed it over. “Woah!”

“What?”

“This is really good!”

“Oh so you expected it to be shit?”

“N-no, no-”

“Calm down.” She cut him off. “I was only messing with ya!”

“You’re mean!” He threw his pencil at her, and then drew the eye for her. She had drawn a baby, one side of it was alive, and the other was a skeleton. She had used life and death as a metaphor for light and dark.