Sequel: Infidelity.

Juvenile.

She doesn't notice me!

Nikki and staggered round a corner, it was only 9pm but she and Ashling had decided to start drinking before they left and Nikki had drank a bottle of Southern Comfort and a few dozen beers.

“Looook, its Gerrraard!” She slurred, when she saw him coming the opposite way down the road.

“Hey Nikki,” He said. “Are you wasted?”

“Define wasted.” She said stumbling and using his friend for support.

“Yeah, then...” He laughed.

“Whatever. Are you coming or what?” She spoke slowly making sure to pronounce every syllable.

“Eh?”

“Are you’s coming to this party with us or not?” She looked over at Ashling who wasn’t as drunk but not far off. She nodded in approval.

“Okay. This is Frank by the way.”

“Hi Frank! I love you. Gerard, I love you too. Ashy, I love you,” She gave her cousin a kiss on the cheek.

Once they arrived at the party, a tall guy with dark hair and a lip ring answered the door. “Ash, Nik, and two randomers I don’t know.”

“It’s okay Tom,” Nikki said. “They’re from school,” She lied for Frank. “They’re cool,” She gave Tom a hug and walked into the house. “Where’s the mother fucking alcohol?”

“Aw little Nikki want some beer?”

“Don’t patronise me. I maybe small but I can handle my alcohol like a guy! No! I don’t want any beer. I want Jack Daniels,” She said stomping her foot.

“Good answer kiddo!” He kissed her head and handed her a bottle of Jack Daniels. Gerard felt a pang of jealousy, but got over it when she came bounding over.

“Hey! Want some?” she asked after taking a big swig. They nodded and each took a gulp. “Come on lighten up!” she grabbed their hands and they went into the back room where most of the alcohol, music and people were. She hauled them into the crowd of people who were dancing and moshing to the Slipknot track booming over the stereo. The room was packed and everyone was getting hot and sweaty. Nikki pointed to Frank in the corner making out with some girl Nikki knew through Ashling. She knew allot of people through Ashling. “Looks like someone is having fun.”

“I’m haaaaaving funnnnn!” It was Gerard’s turn to slur.

“Hold my hand or I’ll loose you,” She held his hand and led him through the sea of people, through to the other room, where coincidently was a crate of beer. They took one and flopped to the couch. “You know, you’re the only person in school who doesn’t hate me!”

“You too,” He said and ruffled her hair. She smiled and leaned her head on his shoulder. “Nikki?” He shook her shoulder. “Nikki?” She’d fallen asleep. He finished his beer and shuffled around so she was lying with her head on his chest. He draped his arm around her shoulder and went to sleep himself.