I Like The Way It Sounds

Revenge of the Sith

I made the guys clean up our Mexican feast once we were finished. Kenny and Eric ate through any hope of leftovers we might've had while Jared and Tim offered to do the dishes. Pat wanted to clear the table, but Garrett stopped him; wanting to save my pretty orange dining set from possible doom in the event that Pat's alter ego, "Ratboy", chose to drop them (a frequent occurance). John brought everything to the sink instead.

Once everything was in its rightful place, everyone agreed to have a lazy afternoon. It was already pushing 3:30 and the skies looked ominous. Besides, we were all tired. Tour takes a lot out of a person as does cleaning an entire apartment, evidently.

I walked over to our "movie cabinet" and opened it up to show Jared what we had because he'd followed me over. He pulled out some horror flick that John must have left here during our scary movie marathon that we had with Ross and Shane over my Christmas break from school. (It would've been fun if Shane hadn't sat on me in order to make me sit through scene after scene of guts and gore...) "Sweet! JohnO, look what I found! This one is completely sick!", The Human Centipede. John grinned, probably remembering my non-stop screaming and crying when Ross had even threatened to play it. He propped himself up on the couch to inspect the DVD, but Char took it away from Jared before he could even show my brother. Charlotte is not only easily repulsed, but terrified of all things even remotely scary. She took the movie and ran into the guest room to throw it in one of the guys' bags. She sauntered back in, slapping her hands together as if to clean them of the "dirt" that was the disturbing film. "Watch it at home! That THING is only allowed to play unless it's far away from me." she declared this dramatically before plopping down next to Pat on the floor, he looked at her with an awkward stare of confusion and sympathy before he scooted closer and wrapped an arm around her petite frame. She leaned into his embrace.

I smiled over at the two (THEY WERE COMPLETELY ADORABLE, OKAY?!) before pulling a random Star Wars movie from my collection; Revenge of the Sith. With the hunky Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker - yes please! It wasn't the best of the saga, but it's my favorite. Everyone seemed to approve of my choice, so I handed the disc over to Eric to put into the DVD player (because he was closest to the machine) and grabbed John to help me grab some snacks from the kitchen.

I tossed 3 bags of microwave pop corn at John for him to cook while I bustled around looking for a bowl to fit all the fluffy kernals. I finally found one, up on top of the refrigerator, just out of reach. I turned around to find something to use for leverage, but I found Garrett standing behind me, waiting for me to stop blocking the fridge door so he could get a drink. "Hey Gare," I said in a very drawn out voice, pointing up to the bowl. He stuck out his tongue at me, "Hey Cait, do you need me to get that for you?!" - the sarcastic enthusiasm coated his words. While I nodded wordlessly, he reached up to grab it for me. "Thanks!" I said with a joking wink as I bumped past him to give John something to toss the hot corn in. (Garrett "hip-checked" me gently on his way out of the kitchen to get back at me.)

Feigning serious injury, I handed the bowl over to an impatient-John before whining out a loud "OUCH!" as I sprinted into the living room and tackled Garrett in his newly-reclaimed spot on the Lay-Z Boy. I landed on his lap with my elbow in his ribs. I giggled as he winced before I snuggled into his familiar frame. "Sorry, G." I mumbled as I played with the fingers on his right hand. He smiled and kissed my forehead, "It's okay."

Eric pressed play on the DVD player and Kennedy hit the lights as Jared adjusted the curtains to block the light better and further darken the room. John stumbled in a minute later with our food as the nine of us settled into our spots to watch the film.