Status: One shot.

I Wanted to Laugh It Off.

I set my body on fire so I can be free.

I guess I should of known that this would happen. Everyone said it, and me being foolish, ignored the warnings. How stupid of me.

"I don't fucking get what's so fucking funny about this, Sam!" Lily shouted, her Scottish accent coming to good use. "I don't get what's so funny about me finding you fucking my ex-best friend in our bed." "First of all, it wasn't what it looked like and secondly I'm laughing because you're over-reacting. That's why I find it funny." Sam replied as smugly as his face looked. "Then what was it supposed to look like? You two playing scrabble? I know what I saw and from the looks of it, it didn't look like that." Lily said with her voice cracking. And because Sam knew where this was heading, he replied "Okay, I'll admit it. It was what it looked like and to be honest with you I regret and I can honestly say that she was shit in bed." Lily didn't know whether to laugh or burst into tears.

In the end she chose the latter and fell to the floor in a heap, sobs coming faster and faster. Sam sat at her side, his arm wrapped around her. There was no noise in the flat apart from Lily's sniffles and hiccups. But even that stopped after 2 minutes.

Sam broke the silence, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I fuck things up. I'm sorry that I do things I shouldn't do. I'm sorry for all the things I've done towards you. But I can't help it. You know I can't. I want to stop, I really do but I don't know how. I want to stop lying and... I want to stop fucking things up." Lily just sat there, barely breathing and not moving. She wanted to say she would help him so badly, but she thought if he wants help, he should do it himself.

"Then help yourself then. Learn to stop lying and doing all those things by yourself and when you do finally help yourself, come find me." She said walking into their bedroom to pack her bags.

She left the room a half hour later, without a glance at Sam who was still in the same position he was before she started packing her bags. "Help yourself and you'll help a lot of other people." She said as she exited the flat.

Sam was full on crying now. The tears were streaming down his face and he didn't care. All he cared about was Lily and even she was gone. Sam realised something that day, even if you love something, it will leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I wrote a Sam McTrusty story. The first few sentences is in present and the rest is in past tense and also in third person.
And I'm not really sure if it makes sense. I mean, this is something I came up with half asleep and not aware of what I was doing.
But anyways, the story title was the lyric that inspired this.