Status: Active! Comment even if you don't like it, please! It would still mean a lot! Subscribe if you did! XOXO, Errbear

Never Look Back

Never Look Down

Orpheus
It all began two years ago. I was 16 and I was stupid. My life became consumed in smoking, drinking, gambling. I was on a downward spiral.

I guess it was a rebellion against my rich, well-to-do, near non-existent father. He wanted me to be his rich, well-to-do son, who was a doctor or a lawyer.

I told him I'd rather be married to Kim Kardashian. So he wanted nothing to do with me.

Music was my passion. With music, I was in my own world. I could listen to anything, from jazz to heavy metal and everything in between. Music was my refuge, my escape. And when I played piano and guitar, when I sang, I could do anything.

When I had my music, my world changed for just that moment.

My father couldn't understand that though. So I left home, dropped out, tried to find myself. And I did. I learned things about myself I didn't know.

I also learned things I didn't want to know.

For a year, I worked with a gang leader who we called Aristaeus. We called ourselves the Argonauts.

I spent the year working my way through the ranks and gaining trust until the day that I reunited with my mother.

She was the only one who could get through to me. My mother and I had always had a connection. She loved epic poetry and inspired me to write poetry and music of my own. I had only felt this way when I was with my mother and my aunts, all eight of them.

My mother had grown up in a musical and poetic family and she had raised me in the same way.

And when I met Eury I finally felt a new connection, one that I refused to let go.

Image


Eurydice
I don't have much of a past. I came from a loving family, living my entire life with my father. He was the only parent I'd ever known. He had a way of shedding light on every situation. He had a way with the philosophies of the world. And music. His music was serendipitous, leaving all who were near awestruck.

And for this reason, my father loved Orpheus. He could see the vision that Orphee had, the promising future he had.

My father loved the way that Orpheus taught me never to look down. They both said that I spent too much time looking down at my feet and not at the world around me. My father loved the insight that Orphee had. He didn't know about his past.

And neither did I.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments, subscriptions, SUGGESTIONS AND CRITIQUES please!

XOXO,
Errbear