Status: Active! Comment even if you don't like it, please! It would still mean a lot! Subscribe if you did! XOXO, Errbear

Never Look Back

Never Lose Your Nerve

Orpheus
I was very lucky to have Eurydice and I told her often. I couldn't believe that she was mine.

And I knew that she was wanted. I had seen the way other guys looked at her. I was completely afraid that one day one of those guys would take her away from me.

I remember one day, I was walking her to work as usual. I would usually walk her the entire way, but this day I was running late for something and I could only walk her halfway. As she walked away, I watched her, marveling in the beauty that she still didn't recognize.

As I turned to walk away, I planned to send her flowers later. Purple roses, her favorite color. They didn't occur at all in nature, and neither did a girl like her. She was one-in-a-million.

I never got to send those flowers.

"ORPHEUS!" I turned around to see Eurydice surrounded by a group of guys, one of them standing close to her. She looked afraid.

I took off running, heart beating. I was all the way across the street, but I thought I could reach her.

As the guys realized I was coming, they began to panic. I could be intimidating when I wanted to be.

The guy in the middle grabbed Eury and ran to a van parked nearby. I picked up speed.

As I got closer, I saw the faces of Eurydice's kidnappers and time stopped for me in that moment.

I stopped dead in my tracks. Aristaeus and the Argonauts.

Image


Eurydice
He called me beautiful. The first guy that walked up to me called me beautiful. I smiled and thanked him shyly. I liked him instantly, and not because of the compliment. He had a sort of charisma, some sort of charm. Orpheus had always told me I was too trusting.

He was right.

He told me that his name was Aristaeus, that he'd been watching me for awhile. I wasn't alarmed, I was intrigued.

"Really?"

He smiled. "Yes, I see you walk by here every day, and I always want to speak, but I never get the chance. I find you beautiful." He reached for my hand.

"Well, thank you, but I have a boyfriend." I snatched my hand away.

His smile disappeared. "Oh yes, I know all about him. I fact, I'm an old friend of his."

"Oh, really? He's never mentioned any Aristaeus."

He laughed, and a group of guys appeared out of nowhere, surrounding me. "Well, our friendship didn't end very well, and you're gonna help us patch it up."

Then I realized, and I screamed. "ORPHEUS!"

Orpheus turned and ran toward us. As the guys loaded me into the van, I began to cry. This couldn't end well.

Aristaeus turned to me. "Give me his phone number. Now!" I recited the phone number between sobs and he sent this message:

You want her back, come get her. Bring the money and come alone. You know where to find us.


I was confused, and I did something I didn't do often. I demanded answers.

Aristaeus then went on to explain to me all about Orpheus' past and I was left speechless.

I was afraid and wherever he was, Orpheus was slowly losing his nerve.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I'm beginning to feel uneasy about this.

Comments, subscriptions, suggestions and critique, please!

One more chapter!

XOXO,
Errbear