Captured

Chapter Twelve

"Why do you want to find Harry?" I killed the unbearable reticence and turned to Zayn. We have walked as far as the pathway leading to the other side of the island, and this is the first time in ten minutes that somebody said something. Clearly, the three of us are minding our own business and contemplating about certain matters.

"Austin, I understand that you're mad at Hazza, but he's our best friend, so I hope it doesn't bother you that we're looking for him," Louis said, kicking the sand with his Toms.

"Was I harsh with that question?" I asked Louis, "What I really mean is, there's nowhere else to go so I am 101% sure that's he's just around here. You really don't have to worry."

"If you don't want to help us find Harry, then you should have stayed in the house," Louis sounded irritated.

"Lou," Zayn tried to calm him down, "Austin was just asking."

"And I was just answering her question."

Wow, sarcastic. Is this one of the requirements to become a part of One Direction?

"I'll go find Liam and the rest," Louis said and left without further words. Zayn did not even stop him.

"What's his deal?" I asked Zayn when Louis was far enough not to hear this, "I thought we're cool. I thought he's cool. It appears that he's just like Harry."

Zayn laughed for a while, and looked at me. Even in the dark, his eyes are intimidating. Before I could look away, he said, "Hazza and Lou, they're more than brothers. In such a short time, they became very close to each other. So it's no surprise that Louis talks to you that way when it comes to Harry. I'm really sorry about that."

I just smiled. I didn't know exactly what to say. I shouldn't have asked that question earlier. Every now and then, I can be very stupid and gauche. Now I feel bad because Zayn said he's sorry.

"How about you? Why did you come with us?" Zayn took out his phone to see where we're going, "Do you want to find Harry too?"

I wanted to say yes, but my mind couldn't process any plausible reason as to why, aside from the possible death threats from their fans, and the inevitable penalty from my father. So I said, "Of course not. Like I said, he's not really lost, so there's no point in looking for him. I would have stayed in the house, but most of you were eager to leave, so you get the point."

"Hmm, okay," then Zayn was silent for the rest of the walk. I moved faster than Zayn, because I didn't want to wake up tomorrow morning and look for Harry again. He must be found tonight. And besides, we're literally on the other side of the island already. He must be here.

"Austin, wait for me," Zayn called.

I didn't stop, not when my instincts are right.

I immediately ran to his side and moved him, checked if he was still breathing or something. He coughed so hard and shivered so I took off the hoodie I was wearing leaving me in my Ramones shirt, and let Harry wear it. The clothing didn't fit him. But it was better than nothing.

"Zayn, help me get him up," I told Zayn, but he didn't need instructions. He knew exactly what to do. He put Harry's right arm over his shoulder and I did the same thing with his left arm. As expected, Harry is very heavy, but in this situation, I'm adrenaline-fueled, so Harry's weight isn't really an issue.

We didn't even ask for help. Minutes later, we were at the beach house. No Louis, or Niall, or Liam, or Bridget yet. We brought Harry to the couch and let him lie there. "I'll go get water," Zayn said.

I nodded then made sure that Harry is lounged securely against the couch. He's not moving, but his constant breathing is enough to give me relief because he's alive. I looked at his face. Everything about its features have changed, or maybe it's just because of the current situation. Nevertheless, I feel the guilt slowly creeping into my system. What if he doesn't survive this. It's all my fault.

"Harry, I'll take good care of you, just please please please live. Please give me a sign that you're alright."

And the face that was a complete void a while ago suddenly lit up with a smile, and I swear my heart skipped a bit.

Harry's eyes are closed, and I'm hoping that they're really closed so he can't see my face. I don't know if it's qualified for blushing or what, but I swear I can feel my blood in my cheeks and I don't even know why.

Gladly, Zayn was back, with a glass of water in his hand and a bagel in the other. "Is he awake yet?" he asked.

I looked at Zayn weirdly, then at Harry, then back at Zayn, not knowing what to say. I know Harry's awake. Of course he is, but for a moment, my mind didn't work properly, so instead of saying yes, I stuttered, "I don't k.. I don't think so."

"Oh okay."

"I'll take care of Ha-- of everything, Zayn. Why don't you go look for the others and tell them that Harry is here," I told Zayn. The guy simply nodded, left the food on the table then went out the door without saying anything.

I sighed and returned to looking at Harry's face. Now that he's back, there's nothing to worry about. I just have to make sure he's okay and condition him so when he comes back to New York, he'll look normal. Or at least the way Harry Styles used to look like before.

I was so caught up in staring at his brown locks and lips and..wait, are those dimples? Is Harry smiling?

"You liar. You know I'm awake. You wanted Zayn to leave so you could have an alone time with me," his voice was sluggish and bristly, but he sounded the same. Harry Styles is back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know, but I don't really like this chapter. Well, I still hope you liked it ((lol I updated couple of days ago but I deleted it because I thought it was short))
xx