Captured

Chapter Four

The sun is falling below the horizon and the New York city lights are starting to glimmer in the dusk. The air is filled with loud music which I've never heard of before. A lot of people are dancing and getting wasted. Most are teenagers and are from our school. But trust me, I don't even know their names. I may be a rich kid, but I'm not the social butterfly. Bridget, on the other hand, is your typical flighty New Yorker. Explains the amount of guests she has right now. She is such a natural when it comes to being around with people and communicating with them.

As Marcus and I made our way through the crowd, a few familiar faces turned to us and greeted us. Finally, I spotted the blond girl. Bridget, as usual, was looking at her best. She was wearing a black leather romper and platform heels. Her hair was cascading down her shoulder, and although it was messy, she still rocked it! When she saw me, she jumped off her seat and threw her arms around me, "Where the hell have you been?"

"I was out to get you this," I handed her a small box with a blue ribbon on top of it.

"What's this?" she opened it, "Oh my god, Austin. Did you just make me a little action figure of me? This is really beautiful. I look so beautiful."

I chuckled, "Happy Birthday, Bridget!"

She smiled and hugged me once again, "I love you so much, Austin. Thank you!"

"Hey, that's unfair. I didn't get a hug when I gave you my present," Marcus said from behind, "All I got was a bloodcurdling scream."

Bridget laughed, "Yeah Austin. Guess what Marcus got me for my birthday? An all-expense paid trip to England!"

"It's like my graduation gift, too. So yeah, she'll be leaving in the summer. And that reminds me. Bridget can't go on a trip all by herself. So I got you this too," Marcus turned to me and showed me a piece of paper that obviously was a plane ticket.

"Oh my god, Marcus! I'm going to the United Kingdom!" I exclaimed, and I pulled him into a tight and bone-crushing embrace, and then faced Bridget, who looked as excited as I was, "We're going to the United Kingdom!"

"I knew you'd like this. I mean, your birthday is fast approaching,I thought, why not get Austin her gift too? I already told Cyrus about this, and of course he said yes. But both of you will only be staying there for two weeks, alright?"

"That is not a problem, Marcus. Thank you," I said.

"I love you, big brother," and Bridget hugged him too.

Bridget left to entertain her guests, and Marcus and I were talking, mostly about how his dad was so disappointed in him for deciding not to go to Columbia University, or to college for that matter. But he said, "Everything worked out eventually. I got a job at Summit Publishing, and I'm making money too. Sometimes I'm helping dad in his company. Everybody is happy." I wish things between me and my father were that way too.

A moment later, two boys, a brown haired one in a long sleeve button down and light gray pants, and a short blond guy in a short sleeved black denim polo shirt and dark blue pants, approached us. They don't look so One Direction-y in their attires.

"Austin, in case you don't know, this is Niall Horan and Liam Payn," Marcus introduced them to me.

Niall gladly shook my hand while Liam smirked.

"I'm Austin Schneider," I said.

Liam furrowed his eyebrows, "Wait, you're the owner of this hotel?"

"Oh no. I'm the daughter of the owner of this hotel," I answered.

"We're so glad to meet you," Niall said in a thick Irish accent.

I nodded and smiled, "Same here."

"Where are the other boys? Aren't you supposed to perform in a short while?" Marcus asked.

"That's why we're here. I'm afraid we can't perform anymore. Harry felt a little bit under the weather and decided to go back to his room. We're really sorry about that," Liam explained.

"Under the weather?" I said, "I think he's just cooling off the pain in his balls and face."

"Excuse me?"

"Harry Styles was harassing me a while ago. I kicked him and hit him and maybe that's why he feels under the weather," I told them. Both boys looked so shocked.

"We apologize for his behavior, Austin. A lot has been going through his head lately," the blond boy said.

"Harry is just really stressed. We've been touring for a while now, and we haven't been able to really rest," Liam reiterated, "And I think Harry needs it the most."

"Harry needs what the most?" Bridget reappeared.

"Oh we're really sorry, Bridget. One Direction can't perform later. Harry backed off," Niall said in a rueful tone.

"Why?" Bridget asked.

"Well, Harry did this thing to Austin and.." Liam started explaining, but I interrupted him, "No, Harry did not do anything."

"Oh c'mon, Austin. Just tell her," Marcus said.

Bridget looked more confused, "Tell me what?"

"That Harry harassed her," Niall answered, air-quoting the 'harassed' part.

"Harry what?" Bridget's jaw dropped in disbelief.

"I'm sorry that One Direction can't perform because of me. I ruined your party."

Bridget shushed me, "You should have told me, Austin. It's not your fault, okay? No one messes with my girlfriend. I will slap Harry Styles even if he's cute."

"I think Austin did that already," Liam said.

"Again, we're really sorry for what Harry did," Niall apologized once more, "He's just been exhausted."

"Girls, do you think you can help us lighten Harry up or something. Like a vacation. Do you know any good place?" Liam asked

"I know just the perfect destination," Bridget immediately answered, "Austin's beach house."
♠ ♠ ♠
As you can see, I really suck at describing clothes and stuff like that. Sorry!
Thank you for those who's been reading this. I'm truly happy :--)
And I also apologize for any grammatical error.