Captured

Chapter Nine

Warm air was blowing through the window when I got in Bridget's room. If there's one thing I hate about my best friend, it would be her inability to close a damned window.

I placed the tray on the table beside the bed, breathed heavily, and announced, "Harry is already finding out."

"What do you mean?" Niall went from lying down to a sitting position.

I sat beside Niall and said, "He knows that you and Liam aren't there with them. But they're worried that I've done something to you. I kind of told them last night that I'll torture Niall."

"So what did you tell them?" Liam asked.

"Well," I scratched my head, "My brain wasn't really giving me any nice ideas so I told them that you were very cooperative and behaved, so I let you go away."

Niall and Liam exchanged looks.

Bridget lowered the volume of the television and asked, "Did they buy it?"

"Well, Harry started to get mad again and cursed in British and I didn't understand half of what he said."

Both the foreigners laughed.

"And then Louis was dancing. I mean does he do that all the time? He's really hyper. he said he's sure they'd be out of here in no time since you guys got away," I added.

"Hey guys, look at this," Bridget said and all our eyes were on the television.

"The British boy band, One Direction, who is supposed to go on a tour with another boy band, Big Time Rush, has gone missing," the news reporter said, "Their last show was in Albany, New York, and they were last seen yesterday, checking in Schneider's Hotel in Manhattan. The band's management refuses to give any comment about the boys' disappearance, but have sent people already to search for the world's current favorite pop stars."

A few pictures from last night were being flashed on the screen, and I felt a lump in my throat as it stopped to one poor-quality snapshot.

"Austin, uh, is that you?" Bridget said as she recognized the girl in the photo.

It was me and Harry inside the elevator. I was being harassed, but to people who weren't there in that elevator, it's easy to say that Harry Styles was making out with some American girl.

"Why the hell did they give away the surveillance video? I am going to fucking fire them when I get home," I said, feeling my blood boil under my skin.

"I'm sorry, love, but if the media wants dirt, they're going to be persistent," Liam told me," God, they're just so annoying sometimes."

"Shh, listen," Niall said, and once again, we paid attention to the television.

It was another photo of me, but this time, I was alone, Harry Styles-free, and my face was clearer. The reporter said, "Taken from Schneider's surveillance camera, Harry Styles was caught snogging with the hotel owner's daughter, Austin Schneider. Is this Harry's new girlfriend? And did One Direction run away with her?"

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!" I yelled. I've never been this mad before, "I wasn't snogging with Harry Styles. And I am not his girlfriend."

Niall patted my back, "I actually saw this coming, but I never thought it'd be this bad. We're really sorry, Austin."

"I think we should just bring them back to the city. Harry Styles is destroying my reputation. Not that it's not ruined already. But still," I said.

"No. No, Austin. this little vacation is not just for Harry. It's going to be good for the rest of us too. It's been crazy. Our life has changed so fast in just two years. We used to be normal lads, but now cameras are on us, watching our every moves. Even our private lives are being invaded. And some of the -- what they call themselves as fans -- have been mean to the girls we date. For example, Danielle," Liam said, speaking a little bit faster that I didn't understand most of it, but I get his point.

"Ah yes, Danielle. Your poor girlfriend," Bridget added.

Liam and I furrowed our eyebrows and looked at Bridget. Since I had no idea who they were talking about, I asked, "Who's Danielle?"

"Don't look at me like that, Liam. I'm a fan. Big fan. And I'm not a mean person. You and Danielle are perfect for each other. Those other girls just don't understand love. And as for you, my dear Austin, Danielle is Liam's lovely girlfriend. Some people don't really ship them so they've been flooding her Twitter mentions with hurtful messages," Bridget explained.

"Wow, you're really a fan, Bridget," Niall commented, "Except that you don't scream a lot."

I scoffer, "Oh you have no idea, Niall."

Bridget punched me in the arm and I replied with a wide grin.

"So, Austin. Can we please stay here? Just a few days," Niall begged, his eyes resembling the color of an ocean.

"Fine," i gave in because Niall and Liam were very nice boys, because I knew Bridget enjoyed hanging out with One Direction, because Zayn Malik is very attractive, and because Harry Styles still owed me an apology, "But if the news continues to spread bullshit about me, we're going back to the city."

"Okay," Liam and Niall answered together, but worry was painted all over their faces.

"Now eat your food," I told them, "I'm just going to check the boys."

It was awfully quiet as I made my way downstairs. No douche bag slash sometimes serious Harry. No crying slash excited Louis. Nothing but complete tranquility.

It made my heart beat faster and my thoughts running faster. Oh god. Oh god.

I ran to the living room, and I was right. Harry Styles is gone. Louis Tomlinson is gone. Zayn Malik is gone. The chairs were empty, and my prisoners have escaped. Well, not technically. But they were out of their leash.

I turned around and tried to call for Bridget, but I stood there, frozen at the sight of the curly-haired green-eyed boy that I learned to hate in just less than twenty-four hours. Harry looked as shocked as me, but he tied a handkerchief around my face anyways, and it stopped me from screaming. I wanted to fight, but another pair of hands grabbed my arms, pulled me to the chairs they were once sitting on, and tied me into one of them.

"Told you to watch out, Austin," Harry said with an evil smirk on his evil face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, thank you so much for all of your comments and for subscribing. It means a lot to me.
But sadly, I will not be able to update very soon. I will be on a trip around our country, and since I'll be moving from one place to the other, I don't think I'll have a decent internet connection. But I'll continue to write and post as soon as I get home.
Hey guys, look at this http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/399125_449673588379533_100000106872717_1902975_1750060338_n.jpg. My sister and I were watching Phineas and Ferb and suddenly 1D crossed my mind. Haha.
Again, thank you for reading/commenting/subscribing. I love you all!!