Status: Lost this in the Mibba crash, and just got back to posting it. Comments=Updates! (:

Unforgotten

The morning that it happened flashes through my mind every day. Every moment I feel the same pain, the same sorrow, and grief. I see the towers, going down in piles of rubble. I remember the black abyss of a sky. I hear the screams of onlookers, and people inside. I still try to cover my ears, and shut the horrifying noises out.

I'm forced to remember it. Every bit. I remember my parent's still, dead faces. My brother's face frozen with fear, and dark circles under his eyes, from the bare minimum amount of sleep, and the vast amount of tears he cried. I remember my own face, as I looked in the mirror. I didn't look like Aubrey Kirstein anymore. I was something else. Something dead, alone, frozen, and desperate.

I was somewhere else, somewhere dark. Somewhere haunted. Somewhere, where all I know was the pain. The pain that was so unbearable, so heavy that it overpowered me. I wasn't in the same, beautiful apartment, safe with my parents. I was in a hellish place, where demons constantly threatened, and degraded me.

I knew that where I was, no one would hear my silent screams. No one saw the tears. They kept on with their torture, and beatings. They didn't see a bit of my pain, and had no mercy. I was forgotten in their eyes.
  1. Chapter One
    -412-
  2. Chapter Two
    -598-