Sequel: Hold My Heart
Status: Finished.

She Could Make Hell Feel Just Like Home

Chapter Eleven

“What did you think?” Vic asked when Aria joined them backstage again.
Aria shrugged and tilted her hand back and forth, frowning as she did so. “I mean, you were ok, but I’ve heard better.” She said. Vic’s face fell and he blinked slowly. “I’m kidding. You guys were amazing.” She said.
“Oh, you’re a little brat.” Vic said, laughing as he handed his guitar to a waiting stage hand. “’Bout time you guys show up.”
“We were trying to find a hotel that can accommodate all of us on short notice. Right now, it looks like four are sleeping on a bus.” The stage manager said as he walked over to Vic.
“They can stay with me, I have an apartment with five rooms, and only one is occupied.” Aria winced, realizing what she had just said. “I mean, if you want to and its ok and such.” Aria said. Jaime seemed to pop out of nowhere, appearing behind Vic in a flash.
“Will you make us breakfast too?” He asked, gripping Vic’s shoulders in excitement. “Mike and Tony want to stay so it’s all up to you Victor.”
Course, as long as Aria makes us pancakes in the morning.” He said, smiling at Aria.
“No problem, pancakes are my specialty.” Aria answered. Jaime leapt off of Vic’s shoulders, hollering loudly for Mike and Tony that they were crashing at Aria’s.
**Three Hours Later**
Aria lay in her bed, in total silence. The guys had trundled off to bed earlier, exhausted after Aria had managed to sit them all down for a movie, handing them whatever liquor she had in her cabinets. Now there were bottles all over her living room floor along with millions of popcorn chunks. Suddenly, there was a quiet knock on her door. Aria sat up in bed, staring at the door. The knock came again and she crawled out of bed, twisting the knob slowly so it was silent. Vic was leaning against the wall, and he turned and faced her.
“Mind if I come in?” He asked quietly, keeping his voice down. Aria nodded and stepped off to the side and Vic entered her room, looking around as Aria shut the door quietly behind him.
“What’s up?” She asked, crossing her arms, suddenly conscious of the fact that she wasn’t wearing a bra and all she was wearing were panties and a large shirt.
“Your room really doesn’t give anything about you away, does it?” Vic stated. Aria quirked an eyebrow at him and sat down on the bed, patting the spot next to her.
“What’s up?” She repeated as Vic sat down next to her. He shrugged and eased back on his elbows, staring up at her ceiling.
“Are those Christmas lights?” He asked suddenly. Aria gave him a weird look, but reached over and plugged them in, lighting up the whole room.
“I don’t like the lights they have in here, so I use these.” She explained with a shrug, as if they explained everything.
“I like it, it’s different.” Vic stated, laying back and cushioning his head underneath his arms. “Everyone else just puts gets a lamp or something. You went out and bought Christmas lights.”
“Don’t go putting me on some pedestal I don’t deserve. The only reason I have Christmas lights is because they were on sale, and lamps were expensive. When you’re in college, you become the ultra-penny pincher.” She said with a smile before lying back down next to him. “So, Vic, Mr. Fuentes, what brings you into my room at this hour?” She asked.
“Don’t know, couldn’t sleep. I was just hoping you were awake. Then I heard you sit up and I knew you were, so I just waited.” He said, sitting back up. He spotted her guitar and pulled it off its stand. “Soldano. Nice choice there Aria.” He said, running his hand over the side of it as he pulled it into his lap. He plucked a few strings, tweaking it here and there until it gave the soft sound he was looking for, then handed it to her.
“What? You want me to play?” Aria asked, sitting up and taking the guitar from him. Vic nodded and gestured for her to play. “You’re the rock star here, not me.” She stammered, attempting to hand the guitar back to him.
“Aria, just play a little bit.” He coaxed, easing the guitar back into her lap. He touched her cheek, stroking it lightly with his thumb. “Play for me.” He whispered.
Aria nodded and tweaked the sound a bit before beginning the chords to Children of Divorce. Vic leaned against the wall, closing his eyes and Aria took a breath and began singing quietly. As she finished, Vic reopened his eyes. Aria let her hands drop and met his eyes. She gave a tentative style as Vic leaned towards her.
“You’re amazing.” He whispered as he moved the guitar off her lap, setting it gently on the floor next to her bed and he folded her into his arms. Aria shifted, allowing his arms to wrap her into an embrace, easing her back against his chest. He kissed her cheek and Aria let out a sigh.
“I’m not amazing. I’m mediocre at best.” She said, craning her neck to look up at him.
“Nah, you’re great, stunning. That voice is like angels.” He told her, running a hand through her hair, combing through the red locks. Aria shook her head, untangling his fingers.
“Not even.” She said, reaching down to his other hand and running her fingers over his, feeling his chest move with every breath. Vic laced their fingers together and leaned forwards, crunching them together.
“I think you’re amazing, and that’s all the matters.” He breathed in her ear, sending shivers down Aria’s spine. He intertwined his other hand with hers and kissed her neck gently as Aria breathed out, her eyes closing. He released her hands and she slowly got up, scooting over to her pillow and covering her feet with the blanket, wriggling her toes underneath the covers. Vic stood up, preparing to leave.
“Wait, don’t go.” Aria whispered, keeping her voice quiet. Vic paused mid-stand and stand back down. “Come lay down with me?”
Vic didn’t respond, but moved over to the edge of the bed near Aria. She scooted over and Vic swung his legs onto the bed, joining her under the covers as she lay down. She rolled over to face him and smiled, snuggling in closer to him.
“This is much better.” She giggled, gently kissing his nose. Vic smiled at her, wrapping his arms around her, pulling her in with a deep breath, burrowing his face into her neck, and plummeting into sleep.