Sequel: Hold My Heart
Status: Finished.

She Could Make Hell Feel Just Like Home

Chapter Fourteen

Aria yawned as she flipped a pancake in the pan, listening to the bacon sizzle and pop from the pan next to her as Vic eased it around.
“Fuentes, what are you doing.” She sighed, using her hip to ease him out of her way.
“I’m making the bacon like you asked me to.” Vic answered, looking at her.
“No, you’re giving it a bath in grease. It’s going to be burned in about three second at the rate you’re going.” She flipped the bacon over, then swung back over and flipped the pancake onto a plate stacked high with pancakes.
A silence settled between the two like a heavy blanket and Vic looked at her from the corner of his eye.
“When are you leaving?” She asked quietly, pouring the bacon onto a plate and putting it the microwave as she worked on finishing the pancakes.
Vic didn’t respond, choosing instead to lean against the island counter and breathing out, blinking long and slow instead of responding. Aria pursed her lips, biting down on her lower one while she finished the pancakes and set them on the counter next to Vic.
“Vic?” She asked quietly. Vic looked at her and let out a long sigh.
“Probably within the next hour or so.” He replied. Aria nodded in response, and moved away from him as Tony and Mike came into the kitchen. Mike all but leapt onto the pancakes, slapping three on his plate and slathering them with syrup before jamming a large portion into his mouth, groaning and rolling his eyes in the pleasure of the food.
“God Mike, you’re so gross.” Tony said, sitting down and looking around.
“Tony, I made you a tofu tortilla.” Aria said, pulling a plate from the microwave and setting it down in front of Tony. Suddenly, her bathroom door slammed open and Jaime shot out of the bathroom, wearing a towel at his hips. He dove onto the kitchen chair and grabbed three more pancakes and covered them in pancakes, nabbing four sausages and stuffing them all into his mouth.
Mike paused from shoveling pancakes into his mouth to point his fork at Vic and Aria.
“Did I see you leaving Aria’s room this morning Victor?” Mike asked in between bites as he swallowed another large chunk of pancake. Vic looked over at Aria.
“Yeah.” He said. Jaime’s fork paused mid-way between his mouth and plate, the chunk of pancake dropping back onto the plate. Tony paused and set his food back down, turning to stare at both of them. “I walked into her room by accident when I was looking for the bathroom, I almost pissed on her desk.” Vic said with a nervous grin.
“That’s dirty man.” Mike said, shaking his head and returning back to his food. Aria shot a look at Vic, shaking her head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey there!
Sorry that it took so long. My dog did end up passing away, and I've been a little overcome with grief to write. That and work and other things. Keep commenting me and being the great readers you are!
I apologize that this is also so short. I guess I'm trying to figure out exactly what I'm going to do with this next. I'll probably sit on here for a bit, maybe throw in another short chapter and see where it goes.
Later children!