Sequel: Hold My Heart
Status: Finished.

She Could Make Hell Feel Just Like Home

Chapter Sixteen

One week later
Aria sat at her desk, head bent over her chemistry book, lost in the muddle of equations when her phone went off. She jolted upright, glancing at the clock. It was a little after midnight, which meant Vic would be calling. She snatched her phone off the desk and answered it with a happy hello.
“Hi to you too babe.” Vic’s voice sounded far away and muffled as a little bit of wind went by. “What are you up to?”
“The usual, studying.” Aria sighed, leaning back in her chair. “But I need to stop, so you called at the perfect time. What’s up with you?”
“Relaxing after a crazy show. Jaime almost got swept away crowd surfing. They also all want to know when you’re coming here.”
“Soon, soon.” Aria laughed as she got up and crawled into bed, pulling the Christmas lights out so the room went dark.
“Did you just crawl into bed?” Vic asked, his voice lowering.
“Yes.” Aria whispered, clutching the phone tighter. Vic let out a loud sigh.
“God, I wish I was there. Just sleeping you is amazing. Sex with you, entirely different, and we only did it once and I thought I was going to die from the pure pleasure of it.” Aria laughed at that, curling under the covers and staring at the window.
“I miss you.” She finally said after a moment of silence. Vic laughed softly into the phone, causing her heart to skip a beat.
“I miss you too. Only a few more days, right?” He asked, his voice crackling as the wind picked up again.
“Saturday, now talk to me until I fall asleep.” Aria yawned, curling under the covers more and wrapping herself around her phone. Vic let out another soft chuckle and began telling her about touring as Aria closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.
The next few days passed by in a blur of nothing but studying, taking tests and packing up until finally it was Friday. Aria called Vic, only to get a voicemail.
“Hey, I’m done with classes today and I’m leaving tonight, give me a call when you get this.” Aria said as she pushed into her math class to take her final test and running right into Maddie.
“Watch where you’re going.” Maddie snapped. All of the black and pink was out of her hair and she was wearing her usual preppy slutty outfits.
“Why don’t you? You could see me before I could see you.” Aria snapped, pushing by her and going to sit down on the chair farthest away from Maddie and the door. She took one more glance over her notes and sighed as the professor walked in and handed out the tests.
“Fuck.” Vic muttered as he got Aria’s voicemail again. The tour bus shook as it hit over a pothole and he put the phone down on the table.
“Can’t get a hold of Aria?” Tony yawned as he finished texting his girlfriend. Vic shook his head and took a swig of beer.
“She’s probably taking a test right now.” He said with a yawn as Mike came and sat down at the table, looking a little tired.
“What’s up? We’re taking a rest?” Mike asked with a yawn.
“Uhm no. You’ve been resting for the past day.” Vic told Mike as he sat down on the couch and yawned.
“Then what?” Mike asked as Vic’s phone went off and he shot up, running into the back to the beds and answering it. They could hear him having a muffled conversation and then he burst back out, grabbing a computer and typing away.
“That was Aria?” Tony asked when Vic didn’t say anything.
“Yeah no ssh, I’m getting her a ticket out here.” Vic said. Mike looked at Tony, biting his lip ring and then getting up.
“I’m bored.” He announced, getting up and wandering away to play video games.
***
Aria yawned as she got off the plane, spotting Vic immediately near the baggage claim.
“Vic!” She called, waving her arms and smiling. Vic broke out in a smile and opened his arms as Aria ran into them.
“Mmm, I missed you.” He said as she nuzzled against his chest and he kissed the top of her head. Aria didn’t reply, just holding him tightly.
“Uhm, I hate to break up this horribly adorable reunion, but we kind of need to get going again. We have a concert in two hours.” Aria pulled away from Vic to see a smiling Jaime, who held his arms wide.
“I want a hug too.” He laughed as Aria stepped over and gave him a hug also.
“I got her bags, now can we go?” Mike asked, hopping from foot to foot. Tony looked from one band member to another, then to Aria.
“Are you sure you want to live on a bus with these?” He asked. Aria just laughed.
“Yeah, I’m sure.” Aria laughed, looping an arm around Tony’s shoulders as Vic took the other side of her, arm going around her waist in a possessive gesture.