Sequel: Hold My Heart
Status: Finished.

She Could Make Hell Feel Just Like Home

Chapter Eighteen

Vic all but leapt off the stage to a waiting Aria, pushing his guitar behind him as he embraced her.
“Good?” He asked, holding her at arm’s length, looking at her for any facial cues.
“I think it was fantastic. So much energy and enthusiasm. Way better than the show you put on at the college, but I blame the crowd for that one.” Aria answered, handing him a water bottle as she spoke. Vic took it and drank it in a few seconds and Aria took it back again once it was empty. She grabbed another one and gave it to Mike as he walked by. Mike snatched it from her hand and saluted her. Jaime stopped behind Vic, rubbing his shoulders.
“Jaime, what are you doing?” Tony asked, stopped next to them.
“Rubbing Vic’s shoulders? He seems tense.” Jaime answered. “Singing can be quite the toll.”
“You’re too weird for words.” Aria told him, handing them both waters. Tony muttered a thanks and followed Mike backstage. Vic shrugged Jaime off and stepped closer to Aria, picking up her hands and folding them to his chest.
“Want to go grab some dinner?” Vic asked.
“Yeah, I’m starving.” Jaime piped in, cutting in between the two. “Where are you planning on taking us?”
“Jaime, I kind of want to take just Aria, you know, out on a date?” Vic answered him, trying to explain it as gently as possible.
“Oh yeah so we won’t tell Mike and Tony. It’ll be great. They are such downers after all.” Jaime answered with a flick of his hand.
“I think he means just me and him, not you me and him.” Aria explained, putting a hand on his shoulder.
“Oh.” Jaime said, his shoulders drooping. “I get it.”
Aria shot a pleading glance at Vic, who threw his hands up in the air, and walked a small circle before dragging Aria over to the side.
“Jaime may seem upset, but he’ll recover just fine. We’ll take him out some other time, but right now, can it just be me and you? I want to catch up.”
“We have the whole summer to catch up. He can come with, come on.” Aria pleaded, looking at him with her large blue eyes.
Vic threw up his hands in exasperation. “Fine, he can come with. Now I know what it feels like to have a child.” Jaime broke in between the two, grinning from ear to ear.
“So where is it we’re going?” He asked, looping an arm around both of their shoulders and tugging them out.
“Olive garden.” Aria answered when Vic put on a thoughtful face. “Yes they have one here, I checked. I love me some olive garden.” Aria said with a grin as Tony and Mike caught up.
“Is it going to be everyone?” Vic asked. Mike shrugged.
“Why not? We are a band and you and me are related.” He answered. Vic let out a groan and allowed the group to lead him down the street, Aria giggling the whole time at his obvious exasperation at the whole thing.
After the dinner was over, Vic curled his hand into Aria’s, pulling her to his side and wrapping his arm around her waist. Aria leaned her head onto his shoulder and he kissed the top of her head.
“Sorry I forced you to put up with them for the night.” She murmured. “I just didn’t really want to leave them alone. They seemed like they really wanted to go.”
“It’s fine babe, I get it.” Vic answered. “But I get you all to myself tomorrow night.”
Aria smiled in the dim streetlight and leaned against him more, the wine she had at dinner making her dizzy and lightheaded. “The night is young still Mr. Fuentes.” Aria giggled, and let go, spinning into the sidewalk and shaking her hips. “We could have so much more fun.” She paused then and looked around. “Let’s go dance.” She said, grabbing Vic’s hand again and pulling him in the direction that she heard pulsating music coming from. They slid into the line as it eased forwards quickly before paying the cover charge and going inside. Aria immediately grabbed him and dragged him into the middle of the floor, then began dancing him in a tantalizing way, drawing him in, sending jolts of electricity through him with every brush she made against him. As the song came to an end and another one burst onto the speakers.
Before Aria could start again, Vic locked his hands on her hips and drew her near, forcing her to stay close to keep moving as she slid in a smaller circle, rubbing against his groin, causing him to moan out in her ear. Aria laughed lightly as she rolled her hips against him, leaning away from him. Vic pulled her closer again, locking one hand around her butt and the other wrapping into her hair, dragging her into a kiss.
“I know you want to have fun, but if you’re going to tease me the way you are right now, I’m going to take you right here on this dance floor with all of these people watching and I am not going to care in the slightest.” Vic said, his mouth hovering inches from hers. He nuzzled her neck as another couple bumped into Vic, who loosened his grip on Aria.
Aria took this chance to spin around, arching her back and grinding her ass into his pelvis. Vic slid his hands down into her inner thighs, easing them apart, then sliding them up her body and pulling her back to him.
“So where to?” Aria breathed as Vic kissed the side of her neck. She rocked to the beat of the music when Vic didn’t respond and let out a sigh when he let his hands start roaming again.
“You still teasing me?” Vic suddenly asked into her ear, sending chills up her spine. Aria then realized the music had changed at least another three times. She shook her head and took his hands in hers.
“Lead me to the nearest hotel then.” Aria said, pulling him out of the club. Vic took the lead immediately, pulling her down the sidewalk to the nearest hotel.
♠ ♠ ♠
There you have it. I don't have much to say here. So, read, enjoy.