Sequel: Hold My Heart
Status: Finished.

She Could Make Hell Feel Just Like Home

Chapter Twenty One

When they returned to the bus, Tony was sitting up on the couch, wrapped a blanket. He gave them a weak smile.
“How was it? Did they throw rotten fruit at you like you thought they would?” Tony asked, his voice croaking.
“What kind of fan brings rotten fruit to shows?” Jaime asked, a confused look on his face. “Unless they forgot an apple in their pocket or bag or something; then I suppose I would get it.”
“It was just an expression Jaime, nothing more than that.” Aria explained, sitting down next to Tony, placing a hand on his forehead. Tony leaned into her hand a bit, closing his eyes.
“Her hands are cold.” He whispered when he realized Vic was watching them. “It feels good, since I feel like I’m on fire.”
“You are pretty warm.” Aria murmured, taking her hand away from Tony’s forehead. “Luckily though, I had Mark run out and grab you some ginger ale and pepto bismol.” Mike presented the bag with an extra flourish added. Aria took the bag from him and handed it to Tony.
“Thanks.” He said with a yawn. The bus shook into motion and Vic yawned and stretched, sitting down on the other side on Tony.
“I second that yawn.” Mike announced. “I have never been so tired in my life.” He announced, then headed off into the bedroom. Jaime bade a good night to the three of them and then followed Mike off, where they began to play FIFA on the game console in the room.
Tony gulped down a swig of pepto, and stared at the ginger ale suspiciously, then set it off to the side before getting up, clutching the blanket tightly around him.
“I’m going to go to bed.” Tony mumbled, then headed into the bedroom, collapsing onto his bed and almost immediately falling asleep.
Aria let out a yawn and stretched before laying down, resting her head on Vic’s lap. He rested a hand on her hair, gently stroking it.
“You ok?” He asked quietly. Aria nodded her head and looked up at him, reaching up and gently tugging on his hair.
“I’m fine, a little tired and, I don’t know. Shot? I was so nervous up there, I don’t know if they liked me or not.” Aria said, biting down on her lower lip on thought.
“Don’t worry so much. There should be no reason they didn’t like you. Its not like you’re permanently replacing Tony or anything.” Vic smiled at her. “If you did that, I don’t know what kind of perverse reaction you would get from our fans.”
“Or me. Tony is awesome.” Aria laughed, kicking her legs onto back of the couch and sighing. “What about when your fans find out you have a girlfriend?”
“See, now that is a problem. I have some aggressive girls.” Vic told her, unwrapping her fingers from his hair, since she has twisted them so far in they were stuck. “You’re tough though, you could easily take them.”
“Right.” Aria answered, looking off to the side at the fridge. “What do you have to drink?” Vic thought for a moment, then shrugged.
“Jack Daniels, Captain Morgan, Jose, beer, water.” He trailed off then, in thought. “Maybe some kool-aid jammers courtesy of Mike.”
Aria swung off of the couch and sauntered over to the fridge, pulling out a kool-aid jammer and the half empty bottle of Jack. “Join me?” She asked, holding the Jack out to him. Vic accepted the bottle and pulled Aria onto his lap, kissing her cheek.
Mike suddenly whipped out of the bedroom, followed by Jaime, who was intent on seeing the action.
“You did not take one of my jammers.” He accused. Aria shoved it into Vic’s hand before he realized what had happened.
“Nope. I was after the Jack.” Aria smiled weakly. “Vic wanted the jammers.”
“You are so full of shit Aria, but since you’re cute and stuff, you can have it, provided you share that Jack.” Mike said, sitting down with a thump on the couch and grabbing the Jack from Vic. Jaime pulled the beer and Captain Morgan out of the fridge and sat on the floor. He offered the Captain to Aria, who accepted it and gave Vic a beer.
“So what are we crazy lovebirds talking about?” Jaime asked, popping the top on his beer and taking a drink.
“Not too much.” Aria answered, swishing the rum around before taking a large swig from the bottle, the rum burning her throat on the way down. She made a face, then shrugged before taking another drink.
“That first sip is brutal.” Vic told her, patting her back. Aria shook her head in response, tipping the bottle back a third time, taking four long pulls from it before resting it between her knees and tilting her head back.
“Just bringing back memories I thought were buried.” She smiled at Vic before draining the bottle. Vic sucked in his cheek, but nodded simply, not wanting to get into it yet.
Mike stared at her, awestruck, then turned to Vic and Jaime, open mouthed. He pointed at her, and the now empty rum bottle that sat on the floor.
“We’re keeping her, right? Please tell me we’re going to keep her.” Mike pleaded. Aria laughed and leaned against Mike.
“I’ll stay as long as you guys want me to.” She said. Mike pulled back and looked at her.
“That was rum right? In the Captain. Because she isn’t slurring her words at all. She drank half a bottle of rum and she isn’t slurring her words. Aria, get up and walk a straight line, do a sobriety test.” Mike pushed her off the couch. Aria looked at him, confused, but proceeded, walking foot by foot across the bus, coming to a halt in front of Jaime, pulling up a beer. She touched her nose and balanced on one foot and began reciting the ABC’s backwards.
“Good god.” Jaime said as Aria popped the beer’s top and took a drink.
“Nasty.” Aria said, sitting down on the floor next to Jaime. She held the beer to Mike. “Trade?” Mike shook his head, wrapping his arms protectively around the Jack.
They remained up for a few more hours, drinking and talking before Vic finally stood up, swaying a bit as the bus took a turn. He looked at Aria, who was now leaning against the wall, the bottle of tequila at her side, almost empty.
“Babe?” He asked, crouching next to her. Aria opened her eyes at him and smiled, her blue eyes flashing behind her red hair.
“Victor.” She acknowledged. “I seem to be a tad drunk. And I’m really hot.” She said, fanning herself with her tank top, flipping her hair out of her face.
“Come on, lets go to bed, you can sleep off the drunkness.” He said, taking her hand and pulling her to her feet. Aria leaned against him heavily, dragging her feet.
“Can I get a hand here?” Vic asked when Aria tripped, almost face-planting into the counter. Jaime staggered up and went on the other side of Aria, pushing his shoulder against her. The three of them staggered into the bedroom. “Thanks.”
Jaime nodded in reply and collapsed onto his bunk as Mike crawled in and lay down. Vic pushed a giggling Aria onto the bunk and got in with her. Aria curled against him, nuzzling his neck.
“Good night Fuentes.” Aria slurred. Vic smiled in the dark. Even her drunken slurs sounded like a seductive purr to him. He eased her closer as she fell into the sleep of the drunk.
Vic lay in silence, wondering what Aria was repressing through alcohol, and what memories were brought up by the rum.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guise =]