Sequel: Hold My Heart
Status: Finished.

She Could Make Hell Feel Just Like Home

Chapter Three Aria

Aria stared at Vic, and then reached out to touch his face. He needed her for something, she could feel it, but she couldn’t hear him.
“Vic, I can help you.” She said, just as everything began shaking and pounding. Aria opened her eyes and let out a groan in protest, dying to fall back. The pounding on her door continued, as did the shaking of the person who was pounding. She swung her foot over the bed and got up, swinging the door open and almost being punched in the face as the person continued knocking.
“What do you need Chad?” Aria snapped, ducking to avoid his fist. Chad looked embarrassed at almost hitting her and dropped his hand.
“You’re artistic, right?” He asked. Aria raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms. “Yeah, right you are, we were in art class together. Look, I was wondering if you could help us design posters for this concert. You like Pierce the Veil right?” He asked again. Aria could tell he wanted to eat his own words right back up after he asked her these questions.
“Yes Chad, I can draw and I like Pierce the Veil, and I will design the posters. Anything else you need me to do?” She asked, once again holding her temper back.
“Uh, no, that’s it.” He said, and then turned to leave. Aria moved to shut her door, but before she had the chance, Chad whipped back around. “Wait, Aria. Would you maybe want to go with me to the concert?”
Aria sighed and closed her eyes, rubbing the side of her face, wanting nothing more than to go back to sleep.
“Thanks for the offer Chad, but I think I’m going to hit this one up alone.” Aria said.
“Aria, its been a year since you did that…” Chad trailed off. “I think you should go and get back out in the world. People are forgetting.”
“Well I’m not.” Aria snapped, and then slammed the door, sliding down the door and curling herself into a small ball, cupping her face in her hands. She stayed there for a minute longer, composing herself before getting up and crawling back into bed, looking at the clock. It was 6 o’clock and she had every intention of going back to sleep, but now her nerves were just alive. She got back up and changed into a pair of shorts and a baggy tank-top before heading out, ready to run her emotions right out.
Two hours later, Aria stumbled back into her room and turned on the TV, collapsing onto her bed. Her legs shook from the strain of running and every muscle in her bed screamed. She lay there silently, regaining her breath before stripping out of her clothes and heading into the adjoining shower. Normally, the room she was in could hold five people, but she had paid extra to just be alone. She sat down on the floor and let the heat wash over her, calming her muscles and relaxing her. The steam floated up and around and she breathed slowly, closing her eyes and imagining Vic’s face in front of hers. He had looked tired, as if he hadn’t been sleeping. Aria reopened her eyes as the water began getting cold. She got up and quickly showered, pushing Vic out of her mind for a moment. She got out and made a small salad in her kitchen, plopping down on the sofa in the middle of the room and watching TV. When she looked back up, it was midnight. Sighing, Aria got up and went to bed, falling in between the sheets, sleep pulling her under immediately.