Sequel: Hold My Heart
Status: Finished.

She Could Make Hell Feel Just Like Home

Chapter Thirty Three

Two months later
Aria covered her mouth as she stared down at the two pink lines. She leaned against the bathroom wall and exhaled before covering her eyes as she slid down.
“Oh god.” She whispered. “Oh my god.” A knock came on the door and Aria scrambled to her feet, wiping her eyes and slapping the test into the trash before covering it with toilet paper.
“Aria?” Vic called through the door. “I gotta go pick up Mike, you ok?”
“Yeah, I’m just getting ready to take a shower.” Aria called back, hating the way her voice shook as she spoke. There was a long pause.
“Are you sure you don’t want to come with?” He finally asked.
“I’m sure hun. I’m going to have dinner all ready when he gets here.” Aria replied, turning on the water. She heard the doorknob click and Vic poked his head in.
“Are you ok? You’ve been acting odd.” He looked her over with a concerned look on his face. Aria found herself nodding.
“I’m just stressed about school, I’m ok.” She answered, stepping towards him and putting her arms around his shoulders, pulling herself against him and nuzzling at his neck. “You ok?” She asked, feeling his fingers dig into her hips. Vic nodded and pressed a kiss to her temple and Aria felt her heart skip a beat.
“I miss you.” She finally whispered after a long moment. She felt Vic’s smile against her temple and he didn’t say anything for a long moment.
“I’m always right here, you know that.” He lifted her chin so they were looking at each other. “We’re both just busy right now, you’re busy with exams and school, and I’m busy trying to write a new album. It’ll get better in a few weeks.” He told her. Aria sighed and rested her head back on his shoulder.
“I hope so. I want to spend time with you.”
“Next weekend I’m all yours. You’re done with exams, I’ll take a break. We can take a mini-vacation.”
Aria nodded against his chest and Vic kissed the top of her head.
“I gotta go. I’ll be back in a bit.” He said, suddenly wishing he didn’t have to drive to the airport and get Mike. Aria stepped back and kicked off the slippers she wore, and then began undressing, her back to him.
“I’ll be waiting.” She said, feeling his eyes burning into her back as she climbed into the shower. She listened for the door to shut, but when it never came she peeked out the door of the shower just as Vic stepped in on the other side. He grabbed her around the waist and pulled her back against him, his lips landing on her neck while his hands gripped her hips, pulling her back against him. Aria pulled away turning around and staring at him for a moment before diving back against him and pushing him against the back of the shower wall and kissing him.
Vic picked her up, easing her legs apart and sliding into her. Aria moaned against his mouth and tipped her pelvis back, letting him slide in deeper as she wrapped her fingers in his hair. Vic lifted her up by her hips, then back down, settling her into a smooth rhythm. Aria cried out at her release and Vic slowed, kissing her softly before easing her back down, keeping his mouth pressed to hers.
“No more being too busy for each other. Even if it means we sit down and watch the fucking news.” Vic told her. “I hate being away from you. I moved in with you because I love you, and now I barely see you, except for every once and awhile when we both manage to crawl into bed at the same time.”
“I’d love to fuck to the news with you.” Aria teased.
“Oh, you’re so clever. Seriously though. Every night, we’re going to sit down and eat together, and then we’re going to watch TV together and not do anything else but cuddle on the couch. Got it?” Vic told her, kissing the tip of her nose.
“Deal. Now go get your brother and let me shower.” She answered. Vic kissed her one last time, his lips lingering on hers before he stepped out of the shower. Aria listened, standing under the spray as she heard him redress and head out the door. She smiled to herself, then hurried through her shower.
Two hours later
Aria frowned at the chicken in the oven and stirred the corn on the stove before turning the burner down on the potatoes.
“Jesus fucking Christ it smells like heaven in here!” Mike hollered. Aria leapt a foot in the air, letting out a startled shriek. He came into the kitchen and held open his arms. “Give me a hug right now.” He ordered. Aria laughed and ran into Mike’s extended arms as Mike embraced her as hard as he could.
“Hey, hey, don’t go crushing my girlfriend.” Vic said as he breezed into the kitchen. He gave Aria a peck on the cheek as he came in, then began grabbing plates.
“Honey, I don’t mean to embarrass you, but there are three people, not five.” Aria pointed out, pulling away from Mike and pulling the potatoes off the stove completely.
“Wrong-o Aria-o.” Jaime yelled from the doorway. “That sounded so much cooler in my head.”
“Everything sounds better in your head.” Tony countered as they both came crashing into the kitchen. Aria turned to give Vic a questioning look and he shrugged as the two boys leapt at Aria, hugging her at the same time and pinning her between them.
“I got to the airport to find all three of them there, I didn’t know.” Vic told her, coming over and grabbing the potatoes and bringing them to the table.
“Holy shit, I gotta pee. Aria, bathroom, direction.” Mike said, dancing in place.
“Down the hall, on the right, third door.” Aria laughed as Mike ran down the hall, slamming the door. Aria grabbed the corn and swore suddenly, remembering the pregnancy test in the garbage can.
“What’s wrong babe?” Vic asked.
“Yeah babe, what’s wrong?” Jaime chimed in. Aria looked up at them with wide eyes.
“Nothing, nothing. I just forgot to check the chicken.” Aria lied quickly and handed the corn to Tony as he came up. Mike came back into the kitchen with an odd grin on his face. He made eye contact with Aria and grinned before walking over and slinging an arm around her shoulders and smiling down at her.
“Ar, girl, you are absolutely glowing.” He said with a smile. Aria ducked out from underneath his arm and handed the chicken to Jaime.
“Mike, can I show you something really quick?” Aria hissed, then grabbed Mike’s wrist and dragged him into the living room and out the door. “What are you doing?”
“What do you mean? I’m just commenting on your feminine glow, its like you’re lit up on the inside.”
“Mike.”
“Have your boobs grown since I last saw you?”
“Mike!”
“I’m just saying Aria.”
“How did you see it? I thought I hid it.” Aria asked, lowering her voice. Mike smiled.
“I accidently kicked the trashcan over when I was coming out. When I was cleaning it up I saw it. Does your baby daddy know?” Mike asked, suddenly growing serious as Aria looked off to the side and crossed her arms. “He doesn’t know?”
“I haven’t had a good chance to tell him yet, and I just found out about three hours ago.” Aria replied. “So I would appreciate it if you could be quiet about it.”
“I’m sorry, I kind of thought he knew.” Mike apologized, rubbing the back of his head.
“Well he doesn’t. Please let me tell him Mike, and when we announce it, act surprised.”
“Are you two done talking, because we’re hungry.” Tony said, poking his head outside.
“Yeah Tony, we’ll be inside in just a second.” Aria told him then turned to Mike and made a zipper line across her mouth.
“Gotcha girly.” Mike told her and followed her inside.
Later that night, as Aria and Vic got into bed; Aria crawled into Vic’s arms and snuggled close.
“Vic?” She whispered after a moment.
“Hm.” He mumbled, meeting her gaze sleepily, reaching out and tracing her cheekbones.
“Do you ever want kids?” She asked after a moment. Vic didn’t reply right away, sucking in his lips and licking them before resting a hand on her ribs.
“Maybe someday, but not right now.”
“What if we had a kid now?” Aria asked.
“I don’t know.”
“Ok.” Aria whispered, then rolled over, pressing her back to him as he curled around her. “Good night.”
“I love you.” Vic whispered.
The next morning, Aria sat at the table as Tony made hash browns and pancakes for everyone.
“Hey fancy pants do you want a mimosa?” Jaime asked, coming into the kitchen.
“I’ll have a mimosa, but hold the alcohol.” Aria replied. Jaime looked at her, shocked. “What? Its eight in the morning. I’m not drinking that early.”
“Fair enough.” Jaime said with a shrug, pouring her a glass of orange juice. Vic and Mike strolled in next.
“Vodka? Really?” Vic yawned.
“Well you losers don’t have champagne.”
“It’s too fancy for us.” Aria answered, setting her cup down on the table.
~~Later that night~~
“Aria, what do you want to drink?” Vic called from the kitchen as Mike popped in the first Harry Potter movie, much to Jaime’s loud complaints.
“Water’s good.” She answered. Vic popped his head into the living room, looking at her puzzled.
“Water. You want water.”
“Fine, I’ll have the cider that’s in there.” Aria sighed.
“What do you want in it?” He called back.
“Cinnamon!”
“We don’t have anything cinnamon flavored babe.”
“Oh for god’s sake.” Aria muttered, getting off the chair and storming into the kitchen. “Vic, honey. All I want is cider; nothing in it.”
“You don’t want alcohol? Are you feeling ok?” He asked, reaching over and touching her forehead.
“I’m fine! I just don’t feel like drinking tonight! Is that such a big deal?” She snapped.
“It’s just weird. Normally you want to have something to drink at night.” Vic answered guardedly.
“I just don’t tonight, ok?”
“I’m just wondering why.”
“Because Vic, I’m pregnant, that’s why.” Aria finally hissed.
“You’re what?”