Sequel: Hold My Heart
Status: Finished.

She Could Make Hell Feel Just Like Home

Chapter Thirty Four (Cont)

Aria shrugged and they both walked back into the living room. Jaime had made a make-shift bed on the couch, with about twenty blankets and even more pillows. He gestured grandly at it.
“What do you think?” He asked. Aria stared at the couch, and then looked at Jaime, who was smiling at her expectantly.
“It’s great, but I don’t need that many pillows.” Aria finally said. Jaime leapt into action, grabbing the pillows and hurling them onto the floor until there were three left, which he arranged neatly.
“Now is it good?” He asked. Aria smiled and sat down on the couch, kicking her feet up and stretching out.
“Perfect.” She answered, pulling the blankets up. Jaime sat down in the chair near her and kicked his feet onto the coffee table. Aria heard the front door open and Vic came in, carrying a large grocery bag. He paused, looking at Aria and Jaime with a confused expression.
“Mike and Jaime have become my nurses.” Aria explained as a crash came from the kitchen.
“Do you guys have any soup!?” Mike hollered, coming into the living room. Vic sighed and walked into the kitchen without a word. Mike followed him into the kitchen.
“Here” He said, digging into the bags and handing him a can of soup. Mike took it, then rifled through the pans he had sent crashing onto the floor. Tony came into the kitchen, yawning. He studied Vic, who was peering at the bag of tea with a puzzled expression on his face.
“Have you ever made tea Vic?” He asked, causing Vic to jump.
“Jesus Tony.” Vic muttered, then glanced up at him. “And no, I don’t think I have.” Tony sighed.
“Do you have a teapot?”
“Maybe Aria has one somewhere.” Vic said, looking around. “Aria! Do we have a teapot?” He hollered into the living room.
“Yeah, its right above the stove, hanging up.” She called back.
Vic grabbed it, then turned back to Tony, a helpless expression on his face. Tony laughed, then took the teapot from Vic, bringing it to the sink and filling it with water and then set it on the stove, turning on the heat.
“Go keep your girl company, me and Mike will cook.” He told him.
“Thanks.” Vic told him gratefully, clapping him in the shoulder, then heading into the living room. “Scoot.” He told Aria. Aria sat up and Vic sat down, and Aria leaned back against him. Vic slid a hand under the blankets and rubbed her stomach, then looked down at her with a smile.
“Wait, how come none of us are sick?” Jaime asked suddenly, as if a light bulb had just went off in his mind.
“Aria’s stressed with school, so her immune system is weaker.” Vic explained.
“Plus the flu is going around my college right now.” Aria added on, tilting her head back to look at him.
“Oh, I guess that makes sense.” Jaime decided, then turned his head back to the TV as Mike came in carrying a giant tray with a bunch of bowls of soup. He handed one to Aria.
“Eat my soup!” He ordered, giving her a spoon. Tony came out also with a cup of tea.
“Drink this first, or you’ll just puke.” He told her quietly so Mike wouldn’t hear. She took the cup and took a sip before making a face and pushing it into Vic’s hands.
“I hate tea.” She grumbled, crossing her arms. Vic handed it back to her, forcing it into her fingers.
“Ar, you have to drink it. It’s gonna help your stomach.” He told her. Aria made a face, but took another sip, then set it down on the floor. “Baby, seriously.”
“Its hot, I’m letting it cool down.” Aria told him, punching him in the arm.
“I got your back.” Tony told her, dropping an ice cube into the cup and handing it back to her. “Now you can drink it.”
“Drink.” Vic said, his voice smooth yet somehow demanding. Aria groaned into the cup, rolling her eyes.
“You guys are so annoying.” She sighed, then took a large swallow, choking on it. “God, you both are mean.”
“Stop complaining and drink your tea.” Vic laughed.
“Sometimes I hate you.”
“Love you too darling.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so, I had this moment where I really hated the PTV fangirls. The really insane ones. Who send death threats to girls Vic used to date or is friends with and I thought I was getting a little too obsessed.
But I set some guidelines.
1) My PTV tumblr thingy is strict. Any BABY comments on there are deleted and I unfollow anyone who calls them their babies. They are grown men. Not babies, and not theirs. I'm sure none of you care about that though.
2) This is staying because its a creative outlet. This is the first thing I've written in a long time, and I owe it that much to keep it going.
So this is safe. Hopefully I won't have another break anytime soon. Sorry for the panic.