Sequel: Hold My Heart
Status: Finished.

She Could Make Hell Feel Just Like Home

Chapter Thirty Six

~Three weeks later
Vic swung open the door, and then swung it shut with his foot, shrugging out of his jacket and shoes. He brushed the snow from his hair and looked into the living room.
Aria was sitting in the chair, her face propped up with a hand; book in her lap, eyes closed. Vic smiled and walked over, resting an icy hand on her cheek. Aria bolted awake and looked up at him, startled.
“Shouldn’t you be asleep?” Vic asked.
“I was.”
“I meant in bed.”
“I was studying and waiting for you.” She said, stretching, the large book in her lap falling to the floor. “What time is it?”
“A little after one, come on, let’s go to bed. You look tired.” Vic murmured, setting her book on the coffee table and waiting for her to stand up. Aria got up slowly, blinking her eyes and yawning. She brushed by him, heading into the bedroom. Vic followed her, watching her peel off her clothes and pulling on a baggy t-shirt before crawling into bed, yanking the covers up to her ears.
“Are you coming to bed or are you going to stand there and watch me sleep like a creep?” Aria asked, peering over the blankets at him. Vic didn’t answer, only undressed and joined her, wrapping his arms around her as she curled in around him.
“How was it?” Aria asked with a yawn, tilting her head back and looking at him.
“Good as always. Kellin said hi, told me to remind you that he wants us to visit or vice versa so you and Katelynn can be best friends.” Vic replied.
“He still calling me Ariel?”
“Yup.”
“Well, guess we’re going to have to go to Michigan. He could have come over for a bit with the guys, I would have liked to see them.”
“They had to head to the next venue, or they would have.”
“That really sucks.” Aria said, yawning and putting a leg over Vic’s, her eyes fluttering shut. “I miss those boys.”
“They miss you too.”
“And Mike, and Tony and Jaime. They need to come back.” She yawned again.
“How about we go to them for Christmas? Then you can meet my family, who will love the shit outta you. My mom is dying to meet you too.” Vic told her. Aria closed her eyes and smiled sleepily.
“That sounds nice.” She murmured, curling up over him and falling asleep.
~~
“Vic, wake up.” Aria said, shoving his shoulder. Vic grumbled in his sleep and smacked weakly at her hand, pulling the blankets around him. “Vic.” She said again, shaking his shoulder.
“I’m sleeping.”
“I know you are. Wake up.” She said, climbing onto the bed and straddling him, biting his neck and shoulder. Vic rolled over, grabbing her hips and staring up at her, a smile creeping onto his face, then disappearing when he realized she was fully dressed, wearing a jacket and boots.
“Why are you dressed?” He asked.
“It snowed, and I want to play in it.” Aria told him. Vic groaned and let his head fall back against the pillow.
“You’re kidding me, right?” He asked. Aria shook her head.
“Nope, it snowed, there’s so much snow and its really good snow and we can make snow people.” She said, rolling off of him and off the bed.
“The driveway is all covered again too isn’t it?” Vic asked, getting out of bed and going into the bathroom.
“Uh huh!” Aria called. “Which means I don’t have to goto class today.” She said from the doorway. Vic glanced over at her and smiled.
“Awesome. Will you go make me some coffee? I’ll be ready in a few.” He said, walking past her and into the bedroom again. Aria pushed off the doorframe and skipped down the hallway into the kitchen. Vic laughed and pulled on jeans and a sweatshirt, then went back into the bathroom and brushed his teeth, listening to Aria sing an unknown song. He shut off the water and walked into the kitchen, where Aria immediately shoved a mug of coffee into his hands.
“Drink fast I want to go outside and build snowpeople.” She ordered, grabbing a jug of apple cider and drinking straight from the jug.
“Our baby is going to come out addicted to that shit.” Vic told her as she set the jug back down. Aria smirked and patted her belly, which was starting to swell a little.
“Maybe I should eat a jug of this shit and then it can come out drinking it.” She told him, straight faced.
“I would love to see if that would actually work.”
“Stomach acid Vic, stomach acid. And I would never be able to swallow a jug, my mouth doesn’t unhinge itself.” Aria pointed out, getting up and walking out to the doorway, grabbing Vic’s jacket and his boots. “Now put on your snow gear and come play with me.” She said, taking his coffee mug and setting it on the counter as Vic shrugged on his jacket and stepped into his boots. Aria tugged on a hat and mittens then pulled on Vic’s gloved hand and all but dragged him out the door and into a huge snowbank that had settled on the porch.
“Isn’t it great?” Aria said, clapping her hands together before dashing into the snow, laughing. Vic did nothing, just stared at her as she fell down and began making snow angels.
“My girlfriend is on crack.” He shouted at her. Aria popped her head up and scrambled to her feet, rolling a ball of snow in her hands.
“Wrong. I’m your fiancé, and I’m not allowed to do drugs right now.” She answered, setting the snowball down and rolling it around until it stopped moving. “Help me.” Vic walked over to her, breaking through the snow and coming to stand next to her and pushing it across the lawn until it was in front of the house. Aria sat down then and began forming another ball. Vic began forming one, pushing it in the places where the snow was still thick.
“Come here.” Vic told her when it was nearly as big as the other one. Aria walked over and helped lift it onto the other one. When it was up, she turned to Vic.
“We need a ladder.” She told him, her teeth chattering as the wind picked up and more snow began to fall. He put an arm around her, pulling her closer as the wind howled.
“Come on, we’ll get that one up and then head inside, it’s getting cold out here.” Vic told her. The snow began falling more thickly now, coming down in big fat flakes. Vic took the last ball of snow and somehow managed to set it up on the other ball. He turned to look at Aria, who was standing in front of the snowman, her arms crossed and her body shaking from the cold.
“Come here.” He told her, opening his arms. Aria moved stiffly into his open arms. Vic bundled her close and gently pushed her inside. He swung the door closed and pulled off his gloves as Aria tugged all of her winter clothes off until she was standing only in her bra and underwear.
“I’m going to shower.” She announced before turned and stumbling off towards the bathroom. Vic picked up her clothes and brought them into their room. “Join me.” She ordered, poking her head out the door.
“One minute babe.” He told her as he listened to her filling up the tub. He threw her wet jeans into the hamper, and left her sweatshirt on the bed before he pulled off his clothes and went into the bathroom. Aria was watching the water fill up in the tub, her body still shaking.
“Why does snow have to be cold?” She asked, shutting the water off and climbing into the tub with a sigh. Vic took the other side and Aria propped her feet on his legs.
“Couldn’t tell you that one.” He replied, savoring the heat. Aria shifted, moving so her back pressed against his chest.
“What should we do for the rest of the day?”
“Curl up on the couch under a blanket, watch whatever we want, eat soup, and make out.” Vic replied.
“Sounds like the best date ever.” Aria answered. “Do we have cookies?”
“I don’t think so. I think you ate them all a week ago at five o’clock in the morning.” Vic replied. Aria made a face and stuck her toe in the water faucet.
“I’m going to make cookies then.” She told him.
“Sounds good.” Vic yawned. Aria fell silent then, watching the steam rise off their skin.
“Aria, hello, earth to Aria.” Vic said, tapping on her skull. Aria pulled out of her daze and turned to look at him. “Do you want to get out? The water’s getting cold and you were practically sleeping.”
“I’m hungry.” She told him in response, spinning the drain before getting out and wrapping herself in a towel. “What do you want?”
“Pancakes.”
“Deal.” Aria said, heading into the bedroom to get changed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Just so you know, I am going to be NaNoing this year, so this story will probably be updated really rarely for November. I apologize in advance, but if you're NaNoing also, go ahead and find me on there. My username is SheepCat.