Sequel: Hold My Heart
Status: Finished.

She Could Make Hell Feel Just Like Home

Chapter Five Aria

“So what do you want on these posters?” Aria yawned, trying her hardest to stay awake. She continuously woke up the last night, and didn’t dream at all.
“Well we’re going to need the name of the band,” Chad started. Aria blinked slowly, staring at him. “And maybe some kind of punkish background to go with it, and then maybe a picture of the band with it, and the date, time and location.”
“They’re Mexicore.” Aria corrected, and then regretted it immediately. “Which is basically punk I guess.” She finished lamely, and then grabbed a sheet of paper, doing a rough sketch of the name and the other information.
“Looks good so far, let me know when you’re done.” Chad said, then got up and moved away. Aria sighed in relief and created a rough sketch of what it was going to look like, then moved over to the computer and redesigned it. She moved efficiently, feeling Chad’s eyes on her as she worked. She rolled her eyes as she heard heels clicking down the hallway, then a squeal of delight.
“Aria! Just the girl I was looking for! What do you think of my concert look?” Maddie squealed from behind her. Aria winced and turned around and tried to choke down the laughter that was bubbling up her throat.
Maddie stood behind her wearing a tight black leather skirt and thigh high heeled boots and a corset like top. Her blonde hair was streaked with black and pink and she wore so much dark eye make-up that Aria wanted to puke.
“What are you wearing Maddie.” She sighed.
“I found it online, do I look super emo?” She asked, striking a pose, revealing fingerless black gloves that reached her elbows. Aria bit her lip to stop from smiling, then turned around to face Maddie again.
“You look perfect for the concert; just don’t forget the fake vampire teeth.” Aria told her, smiling at the computer as she clicked a picture of the band into the corner, blending it in with the black and red background.
“Really?” Maddie asked, sounding a little disgusted. Aria turned back around, widening her eyes and nodding as seriously as she possibly could.
“Oh yeah, Pierce the Veil is a vampire based band, didn’t you know that?” Aria asked. “Even I did, and I thought you were their biggest fan.”
“Aria Torres you shut your mouth. I am their biggest fan and I knew that. Don’t be ridiculous.” Maddie snapped, then turned on her heels and stormed out, clicking down the hallway. Aria shook her head, laughing and turned back to the screen.
An hour later, Aria turned to face Chad, who quickly looked down at the paper in front of him, pretending to be busy.
“Hey Chad? How does this look?” She asked. Chad got up and walked over, leaning over her shoulder. Aria fought every urge to move away from him, focusing instead on her poster.
“Its good. Totally conveys the band.” Chad said, nodding his head. Aria rolled her eyes, knowing everything was wrong with what she did, but if that’s what they wanted, so be it.
“So is it going to be just them coming?” Aria asked as Chad moved back.
“Well we couldn’t afford any more bands, but we have a hypnotist coming.” Chad explained, sitting back down at the table and writing something down on a paper, then going back over to Aria. “Could you bring this over to the print shop along with your template, then wait down there for the copies to print out?” He asked.
Aria shrugged. “Sure.” She said, grabbing the paper and printing out a template of the poster and leaving the room.
As headed down to the printer room and handed them the information. The lady behind the counter looked her up and down with obvious disapproval, then went into a back room and came back out.
“It’ll be an hour.” She said gruffly. Aria sighed and turned away, going out into a separate room and sitting down behind a desk, propping her feet up on the desk. She rested her head on the backing of the chair and closed her eyes, drifting off to sleep.
“Move!” She laughed, grabbing Vic’s hand as they ran, pulling him along with her as they ran towards the auditorium. “I want to be hypnotized!” She said. Vic stopped running, pulling her to a halt also.
“I’m already hypnotized.” He said, reaching out to cup her cheek.
Aria was suddenly jolted awake by the slamming of a book on the desk next to her. She shot upright and looked at the professor who was looking at her with a matching confused look.
“Everything alright Ms. Torres?” He asked, picking the book back up. Aria sat up and looked around, realizing an hour had passed since she had came in.
“Yeah, I’m fine, I just dozed off.” She said, getting up and moving out of his way. “Sorry about that.” She apologized, then left the room quickly, heading back into the printing shop. The lady handed her the stack and shook her head.
“A bunch of devil worshippers if you ask me.” She tsked, looking at Aria with that same disapproving stare.
“Of course.” Aria said with a smile, turning away and rolling her eyes as she headed back upstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fuckin love Maddie. Its like my roommate. FUCKIN GREAT