Sequel: Hold My Heart
Status: Finished.

She Could Make Hell Feel Just Like Home

Chapter Six Vic

One Week Later
“Jesus, where is this college?” Tony sighed, spinning a beer bottle cap around on the table.
“In the boonies, obviously.” Jaime responded, flipping a folded triangle through Vic’s fingers. Mike snatched it up and threw the triangle at Jaime, who swatted at it and slammed the table as hard as he possibly could.
“Really?” Vic asked, looking at Jaime.
Jaime shrugged. “I got scared. It was coming at me at a really fast pace.” Jaime explained.
“Jaime, do you hear yourself when you speak?” Tony asked. Jaime shook his response and Tony shook his head. The bus slowed down and turned. Vic peered out the window as they pulled in, stopping in front of a large building.
They all stood up and headed to the front of the bus, Jaime in the front, claiming he needed to pee, even there was a bathroom in the bus. Tony grabbed Vic’s arm and stopped him.
“Have you had any more dreams?” Tony asked. Vic shrugged in response.
“I’ve only had them once more since I told you about them. I’ve been sleeping way better than before, and I’ve been writing a little bit.” He lied. In reality, he had been sleeping more, and dreaming of her every night, each one becoming more and more real. He had been writing, but not song lyrics. He had been writing down his dreams in detail so he could piece them together.
“That’s good man, that’s real good.” Tony told him and they both headed off the bus, where Mike and Jaime were already talking to the people who were obviously in charge. As soon as Vic stepped off the bus, a girl squealed from the side and jumped forward, only to be barred by Mike. Vic bridled at the sight of her. She was a skinny blonde with pink and black streaks in her hair and overly done make-up.
“Are those…fangs?” Jaime asked cautiously, moving farther behind Mike.
“Yeah, I know how big into vampires you are, and so am I.” The girl said with a spooky smile. “My name is Madeline, the queen of the darkness.”
“Ok then, I’m officially creeped out.” Tony hissed.
“Maddie honey, why don’t you go find Aria.” An older woman suggested, sensing their sudden nervousness.
“Why?” Maddie asked in a whine, “I want to meet these amazing guys.”
“We can talk later, umm, queen of darkness?” Mike sighed, moving away from her. “We’ll have a sit down and talk.”
“Ok!” She said brightly, then ran off, her heels clicking loudly against the ground.
“Weirdest fan ever.” Vic said, watching her leave, out of the corner of his eye, he saw someone walking and he turned, seeing a girl with red hair walking the other direction. “Who’s that?” He asked, not taking her eyes from her figure, watching the way her hips swayed from side to side with every step she took away from him.
“That would be Aria, the girl Maddie is looking for.” The woman explained. “Aria!” she shouted, waving as the girl turned around. She pivoted around and walked towards her, slowing down as she approached.
“Gentlemen, this is Aria, the girl that designed your posters.” The woman introduced. “Aria, this is the band.”
“I know, I know.” She said, staring at Vic, her chest tight. Her body tingled at being so close to him.
Vic was also staring at her, unable to move. Her she was, the girl in his dreams, standing right in front of him. She was even more gorgeous than she was in his dreams. Her hair was redder in the setting sun and her eyes were so blue it was unsettling if you stared at them for too long. He couldn’t take his eyes off of her or move.
“Holy shit.” He finally managed, staring at her so intently he was surprised she didn’t shift away uncomfortably.
“Vic.” Mike elbowed him. “What the hell.” He said. Jaime shook his head and stepped forward, offering Aria his hand.
“Jaime.” He introduced. Aria took his hand and gave it a shake, making eye contact with him briefly and saying a quick hello.
Vic shook his head and stepped forward and stuck out his hand. “Vic.” He said, his voice quiet as he watched her. She lifted her hand and placed it in his, clasping it slowly. A spark shot up his arm and he gripped her hand tighter.
“I know.” She said, holding his hand tighter, unwilling to release his hand. They stood there, hands clasped, eyes locked.
“I’m Mike. “ Mike said, wrestling Vic’s hand away and taking hers.
“Aria.” Aria answered, breaking eye contact and meeting Mike’s eyes.
“Tony.” Tony introduced, taking her hand and shaking it.
The woman watched them oddly as Vic continued to stare at Aria, still in shock.
“Aria, could you give them a tour of the college? Maybe bring them to dinner?” She suggested as she looked at her phone. “I would, but we need to set up here.”
“Oh yeah, sure, no problem.” Aria said quickly, glancing back over at Vic. “I can do that, anywhere in specific they need to go?”
“Just bring them around. Everything should be quiet with everyone getting ready. Make sure you have them back in two hours.” She said, then headed off into the building, phone against her ear.
Aria turned to face them all again, her silver earrings catching in the light. She crossed her arms as the wind picked up.
“You really don’t want to eat the dinner here. You’ll be psychically sick within the time you need to be on stage.” Aria told them. “Would you guys mind going to my apartment? I can cook for you and it won’t make you sick.” She said. Mike, Tony and Jaime all looked at eachother and shrugged. “I promise I’m not some crazy fangirl like the one whose approaching right now. I just would rather not have your concert ruined by you all running off stage to puke and…other unsightly things.” She explained.
“That would be great.” Vic cut in before anyone else could answer. “Lead the way…Aria.” He said, letting her name fall from his lips. Aria smiled and turned so her back was to them.
“Follow me.” She said and began walking towards her dorm, the boys in tow.