Sequel: Hold My Heart
Status: Finished.

She Could Make Hell Feel Just Like Home

Chapter Seven

“Vic you’re going to creep this girl out.” Mike muttered to him as Vic moved to catch up with Aria. “She is going to kick us out before she feeds us actual cooked food.”
“Shut up Mike.” Vic muttered back, breaking out of Mike’s grasp and moving up next to Aria, a small jolt shooting through him as he bumped into her. “So what year are you here?” He asked. Aria looked at him and rubbed her arm where he had touched her.
“I’m a junior. Majoring in psych, no clue what I’m doing next.” She froze suddenly and gave herself a light smack on the head. “Ugh, I’m sorry. I just auto-pilot through that, I get asked that so much I just jump right into the whole thing.”
“It’s no big deal, I do the same thing when people ask me about new albums and singles and videos and other things. You just get tired of answering them all, so you bundle it all together.” Vic answered. Aria visibly relaxed, dropping her arms to her sides and then digging in her bag and pulling out a card key as they came to a halt in front of a building.
“Any advice before we walk in?” Tony asked as a loud scream echoed from inside the building. Jaime leaned back and stared at the building like it had grown teeth.
“Yeah, move fast and avoid eye contact.” Aria replied, opening the door and holding it as the all entered. “And stay close. Jaime, shut the door now.” Aria ordered, hearing Maddie calling her name. Jaime slammed the door shut and Aria took off, the band in tow close behind her. Aria stopped in front of a corner room at the end of the hallway and swung the door opening, letting them in. Vic went in last, looking at her before he went in. Aria followed, shutting the door behind her. “Most of its’ upstairs.” Aria explained as a loud thump came from her ceiling.
Mike looked around. “Do you live alone in here?” He asked, moving into the tiny living room and plopping down on the couch with a satisfied groan.
“Yeah, it’s just me in here. On my own accord just so you know.” Aria explained. “Do you want anything in particular? I can make whatever you want.”
“Tacos.” Jaime declared. Aria smiled at them as Mike started flipping through her channels. Tony joined him on the couch and Jaime ran off to the bathroom, slamming the door behind him.
“I can do tacos. Do you think you guys will be ok alone in here if I ran across campus to get some more taco things?”
“We’ll be fine. We might need a kennel for Jaime though so he doesn’t touch everything.” Tony said from the couch as Mike settled on SpongeBob.
“As long as he stays out of my underwear drawer its ok.” Aria laughed, picking up her bag again. “I’ll be back in a bit.” She told them.
“Wait, I’ll go with you.” Vic said, going out the door with her. Aria turned and looked at him, puzzled. “I want to look around a bit and move.” He explained. Aria shrugged and shut the door. “And I want to talk to you.”
“Ok, talk.” Aria said, feeling her stomach twist.
“I’ve seen you before, I know I have, there’s no other way.” He said as they walked.
“I don’t think so, I’ve never been able to go to your concerts or anything. This is the first time I’ve ever seen you.” She said with a nervous laugh.
“You’re doing so much better than most girls.” He told her with a smile, feeling confused. “But, listen, don’t freak out at what I’m about to tell you.” He said.
“I’m actually really nervous right now. I have the singer of Pierce the Veil coming with me to buy taco shit for the rest of Pierce the Veil.” Aria shook her head. “And you want to talk to me. Its surreal.” She sighed.
“I get it, its surreal being here with you.” Vic pulled her to a stop in front of the building as she opened the door to go in. “Listen to me for a second though. I know you. I’ve never met you in my life before, but I know you. You’re in my dreams. For the past two weeks I’ve dreamed of nothing but you.” Vic studied her, watching her to see if she was going to flee. “And now that I’m here, standing with you, I know I’m right.” He said, lowering his voice.
Aria gaped at him, open-mouthed, unable to say a word. She dropped her hand from the door and covered her mouth with that hand instead.
“You’re kidding. You have to be kidding.” Aria said from behind her hand. Vic stepped forward and took her hand away from her mouth, holding it down and wrapping it in his.
“I’m not kidding Aria. I’ve dreamt about you and I know it’s you. My last dream involved us going to see a hypnotist, who is here, tonight.” He looked at her. “Aria, please believe me.”
“I believe you, it’s just…I’m dreaming. I have to be dreaming.” She took her other hand and pinched herself. “I have to wake up before I start thinking it’s true.” Aria said, shaking her head, but she kept holding Vic’s hand, tightening her grip as she stepped closer. “You’re really here, aren’t you.” She whispered. “I can feel your hand in mine, and hear you breathing. Oh my god, you’re really here and holding my hand and you’ve been dreaming about me.” Aria’s head spun and she used her other hand to press against her forehead.
“Aria, are you ok? Come here.” Vic let go of her hand and opened his arms, then wrapped her into an embrace and Aria collapsed against him. “Come on, you need to sit down.” Vic moved her over to a bench and sat her down, sitting down next to her. “Breathe.” He told her, rubbing her back.
Aria took in a deep breath and put her head down, waiting for the dizziness to pass. She focused on Vic’s hand going up and down her back in smooth motions. Aria finally sat up again and looked at him.
“Ok, I’m ok now.” She sighed. “Let’s go get this taco stuff and go make tacos.” Aria said. They both got up and walked inside. Occasionally people stopped at stared as they walked into the store and gathered the ingredients.
Vic’s phone began going off in his pocket, and he pulled it out, looked at it and then put it away again.
“Just Jaime. He’s hungry and he wants food right now.” Vic said, and then pulled out his wallet. “I’ll pay for it.” He said, handing the cashier his card.
Aria grabbed the food bag, looking at her own phone. “Yeah, we better hurry, we don’t have a lot of time.” They both walked out of the store, and Vic took her hand as they headed towards a throng of overly dressed people, obviously heading for the concert. Aria looked down at their joined hands, and gripped his tighter.
“I wouldn’t want to get lost.” He said with a smile. Aria smiled back and they both headed towards her apartment, eager to get back.