Status: Active!

Nothing to Lose

t w e l v e

“What are you going to do without me?” Hanna joked as she turned around to look at Josh. She batted her eyelashes in a way that Josh used to find adorable, but now he just found it over the top. Everything he used to love about the girl standing before him, he was slowing beginning to hate. It was driving him crazy because he thought he loved her so much, and now he just didn't know what to do.

“I don’t know how I will manage.” Josh lied as he forced a smile, “Where are you headed again?”

“I’m headed to Australia Joshua, you twat!” Hanna rolled her eyes as she continued to nag, “Do you ever listen to me? I’ll be there for a month to do modeling gigs. Got that?”

“Yeah love, I got that.” Josh sighed as he pulled her in for a hug and kissed her forehead lightly, “Have a safe flight.”

“I’ll miss you.” Hanna smiled as he pulled away. Josh nodded his head and shrugged as he turned away from the girl without another word. He didn’t know how to break it off with her just yet, he was just too scared to let go.

† † †


“Landon?” Eloise asked as she looked at the boy sitting there in the hospital waiting room. He looked up at her through his thick hair and smiled. She was surprised to see him there so early. He usually came by after his shift at work which ended late at night.

“El, I’ve been waiting to talk to you.” He smiled, “Care to join me for lunch?”

“I was about to go visit dad though.” She pointed back the other way as Landon stood up and began to pull on his coat.

“Oh, well, uh, they’re sort of doing a routine procedure at the moment, El. You can’t go in there.” Landon said as he avoided eye contact with his sister. There was something about the way that he spoke that made Eloise’s hair stand on end. It didn’t sit well with her at all and she knew something was wrong, but before she could protest or even question it, she was already out the door and following Landon to his car.

The entire car ride was ridden in silence, but not the comfortable kind she got when she was around Josh. It was more closely related to the kind she got when she was riding in the car with Caleb. She took a moment to examine her brother’s features as he focused on driving through the midday traffic. There was something… hard about him, unwelcoming. His once boyish charm had disappeared and was now replaced with chiseled, almost intimidating look. He was still handsome nonetheless, but he wasn’t the brother Eloise once knew. She began to wonder how long he had been like this, and why she hadn't noticed it sooner. She had been so consumed with things in her life lately that she hadn't really spent any time with her brother, especially not one on one.

“What’s been up with you lately, El?” Landon asked once they had been seated in a booth. Suddenly, Eloise didn’t feel comfortable with him using her nickname used by only those close to her. Her own brother. She knew something was off, she just knew it.

“Whatever do you mean?” Eloise questioned him, wrinkling her brow in confusion, “I’ve been acting perfectly normal.”

“You see, that’s where you’re wrong.” Landon said as he leaned in close to his sister. He was almost proud of how uncomfortable he was making her. He enjoyed watching her squirm, there was something... empowering about it. “I’ve been talking to Caleb, and he says he hasn’t seen much of you lately, and the times he has he says you’ve been a proper bitch to him.”

Eloise paused, taking in what he was saying before she looked up at him, “You don’t think I’m making a mistake, being with Caleb, do you Landon?” Eloise asked. She bit her lip and anxiously awaited her brother’s opinion.

“What!” He scoffed, “Of course not! Caleb is perfect for you, Eloise.”

“And what makes you say that, Landon? We’re obviously not happy together.” She glared at him. Landon had never had this arrogant attitude about himself and it was really starting to bother her, “All we do is fight and… And… And I’m not sure I love him anymore.”

“Oh Eloise,” Landon’s face softened slightly as she choked out those last few words. He reached out and grabbed her hand, squeezing it comfortingly, “Love and happiness have nothing to do with each other, you know that, right?” He continued to explain as she stared at him blankly, “Forget about those things. The key to true happiness is money. True happiness is found in financial success, and with Caleb you will have that for the rest of your life!”

Eloise pulled her hand out of her brother’s grasp quickly. She was genuinely disgusted with the way he was talking to her, “You cannot be serious right now Landon. You’re telling me to stay with Caleb strictly for financial support for the rest of my life? I run my own shop, I don’t need his money. I can handle myself on my own.”

“Yeah, you run a shop with the help of Dad.” Landon rolled his eyes, “I hate to break it to you, but Daddy isn’t going to be around forever.”

Eloise swallowed hard and tried to compose herself because if she didn’t soon, she would slap him, “I have to go, Landon. It was lovely having lunch with you.”

“We haven’t even eaten yet.” Landon said as he watched the girl stand up and begin to leave, “Eloise, wait!”

“I realized I have things to do... elsewhere.” El lied as she blinked back the tears that were beginning to rim her eyes. She couldn’t even look at her brother right now, he wasn’t the boy she once knew, and he repulsed her at the moment. She couldn’t help but to feel that her family was falling apart.
♠ ♠ ♠
ehhhhh, this chapter isn't my favorite, but I needed it to transition to the next chapter which I really do like. Ohhhhh you're going to all like it probably... Or you will all hate me for it! ;-) Who knows? You'll all have to wait. hehehe ;-) Eloise's brother is a dick, am I right? & Josh didn't break it off with Hanna! What do you think that will do? :-) What do you expect to happen in the next chapter? OooOoOo I want to know!

I've been reading some of the stories that originally brought me to Mibba from Quizilla way back when & I've been getting inspired to write on some of my other stories again, so that's always a good thing. I've quit writing a lot of them because I've had insane writers block on every story except for this one for some weird reason. Anyway, that's enough about that... I could probably just keep typing all day if I didn't stop myself. Now I'm probably going to go back to singing and dancing around my house in my underwear all day while no one is home. Was that too much information? Probably, but whatever. It's not like too many people read this... hopefully.... don't read this okay? okay cool.

AH-HEM, Cough cough... ATTENTION... yeah, guess what? I'm not going to have another update for a WEEK and probably a half because I am going to the beach, so yeah :-) I'll be leaving my laptop at home since my friends will have theirs for me to borrow and I'll have le iPad and le iPhone so I don't need my laptop... sorry guys! I hope you can last a week while I get a tan and relax in the sun and meet boys and do other teenage things of that nature! ;-) I would bring my laptop to update for all of you, but to be quite frank, I have already overpacked five bags (my suitcase, my backpack, my makeup bag, my purse [which is very small, mind you] and also my beach bag) Anyway, I'll have an update as soon as I get back <3 I'll miss you guys! Leave me wonderful comments to come back to!

Thanks for the comments on the last chapter

saveredheads
s-o-u-l-s
it'llalwaysbeyou
piercetherach


Please comment / recommend / subscribe!


- Sommer x