Status: Active!

Nothing to Lose

e i g h t

“Thanks for the ride, Joshua.” Eloise smiled as she opened the door to leave. She gawked at the over the top restaurant Caleb had chosen and was slightly intimidated to even get out of the car.

“You can call me Josh now, love.” He chuckled as he watched her sit there nervously, “We’re friends now. At least I’d like to think we are.”

Eloise chuckled as she leaned in and kissed him on the cheek, grazing his other cheek with her hand. It was a sweet gesture, one that went by as friendly between the two. She pulled away and grinned, slapping his other cheek lightly with her hand that had remained there, “I still prefer Joshua to Josh, but Joshy has a rather nice ring to it, maybe I’ll join Hanna in calling you that from now on.”

“Oh dear God no!” Josh shouted as he slammed his hands on the dashboard, “That’s the absolute worst! Out! Get out now for even suggesting a thing such as that!”

Eloise threw her head back and laughed as she got out of the car, “Thanks again, Joshy-boy. I’ll be seeing you.”

“Yeah, I’ll see you later Lou, have a nice date.” Josh grinned at the girl as she closed the door. She waved as he drove off, back to his flat to drop off Hanna’s things. She took a deep breath and braced herself for what nightmare was waiting for her inside- her boyfriend.

“Who was that?” Caleb demanded as she sat down at their table. He completely ignored the fact that she was right on time for once, an immediately wanted to know who the bloke driving her was.

“Just a friend, Caleb.” She muttered as she looked down at her empty plate. She could feel the intensity of his glare growing each second she didn’t answer what he wanted to know.

“Well Margot doesn’t own a car.” He said through gritted teeth.

Margot isn’t my only friend, Caleb.” She snapped as she looked up at him. He was red in the face, trying to remain composed given the type of restaurant they were in.

“Then who was it, exactly?” He raised his voice slightly. Eloise swallowed hard and stared at him straight on before she answered.

“My friend Josh.” She blinked twice as she watched what looked like a maniacal smirk form on his face.

“Oh, so you’re some sort of whore now, El?” He barked, “Have you slept with him?”

“No I most certainly have not slept with him, Caleb!” Eloise screeched, “I haven’t even known him but a week!”

“How many other lads have you slept with then, yeah?” He glowered, “It certainly didn’t take long to get me in the bed when we first started dating, I wonder how many other guys you’ve been with since then you little slag!”

“Caleb, I was still in school when we started dating!” Eloise cried, “We were both sixteen! You were my first, and only might I add, love!”

“I forbid you from seeing this Josh fellow anymore, Eloise. Do you understand?” He said as a waiter stood by awkwardly watching the fight unfold before him, “I said, is that clear?”

“Crystal.” Eloise hissed as she glared at Caleb.

“Great,” He smiled, extremely satisfied, “Now let’s order, shall we? We’ll both have the lobster special for dinner.” He waved the waiter over and smiled nonchalantly, “And we will each have a glass of Bordeaux' Graves wine.” The waiter nodded his head and smiled sympathetically at El before he headed into the kitchen to relay the order back to the cook.

† † †


“Joshy, can I speak to you please?” Hanna called from the living room. Josh walked in to see her laying down on the floor lazily with her laptop open next to her.

“What is it?” He asked as he sat down in the armchair next to her.

“I’m not necessarily sure I want you hanging around this Eloise girl.” She scowled as the name rolled off her tongue like some sort of disease.

“And why’s that?” Josh asked as he shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

“She obviously wants to be friends with you for your fame, Joshy. There’s no other reason a girl like her would be friends with a guy like you.”

“And what is that supposed to mean?” Josh raised his voice as he eyed the girl, “El had absolutely no intention of even being friends with me, Hanna. I befriended her. It wasn't the other way around."

“I’m sure she just pretended just to make you struggle.” Hanna rolled her eyes as she stood up and sat in Josh’s lap, “Just promise me you won’t speak to her again?”

“Fine, I promise Hanna.” Josh sighed and ran a hand through his unruly hair, “Just drop it please, yeah?”

“Alright Sweetie.” Hanna squealed, “Now I think it’s time to reward you for being such a wonderful boyfriend.” She purred in his ear as she pulled him out of his seat and led him to the bedroom. It was going to be a long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm updating this story out of sheer boredom of sitting in a hotel room all by my lonesome. Well, my mother is here so that is sort of a lie but we aren't talking, we're just both on our laptops and such. I'm not too sure I like this chapter, but it's necessary so I'll leave it. I only looked over it once so it's not that good... and yeah.

Thanks for the comment on the last chapter mosher123!

Maybe more of you can comment before I post the next chapter, yeah?

Please comment / subscribe / recommend! & I will love you forever!

~ Sommer x