Status: Updated: May 30, 2012 // 105 comments for the next one :)

Picture Perfect

Chapter Eight

"Liam?" I wracked my knuckles on the colorless door of Liam's room in the suite. Having already checked all the other places in the suite, this was the only place he could have been. The other four boys were absolutely no help in locating the Wolverhampton boy as they were on their way to the bar downstairs.

"Yeah, come on in," he announced and I turned the doorknob, pushing the door open with ease. "Oh, hello Parker!" Liam was sitting cross legged on his king sized bed, propping his Macbook on his knees.

A beautiful and soft voice boomed from his computer. "Is that the famous photographer Parker I've heard so much about?" The voice - belonging to a female, obviously - finished her sentence with a giggle.

"Yes it is," Liam chuckled. "Would you like to unofficially meet her?"

"Yes, of course!"

Liam patted the spot on the bed next to him as I reluctantly took the seat. His Macbook was passed down to me and I immediately smiled at the image of the beautiful girl who stole Liam's heart on his computer screen.

"Hi! I'm guessing you're the beautiful and fantastic Danielle that Liam has told me so many wonderful things about? Lovely to meet you," I giggled.

“Likewise! I’d hug you if it wasn’t for this stupid computer screen!” Her voice was warm and welcoming as she smiled back to me; her curls bouncing as she fixed her position on her bed.

“I’m sorry; I shouldn’t have intruded. Liam, I’ll go to the living room and wait for you there,” I said, handing the computer back to him, ready to walk out the room in order to chastise myself for walking in on something that didn’t happen too often - Liam getting a chance to video chat with Danielle, that is.

“No! No, stay,” Danielle insisted. “It’s me who should be going - it’s two in the morning here and I still haven’t prepared for my gig audition tomorrow! Yikes, that’s not going to be good in the morning,” she replied, her voice a bit scratchy due to the internet service provided by the hotel.

“Well, in that case, it was very nice to meet you! Sort of.”

“It was nice to meet you too - given the conditions of course! Hopefully we’ll meet in person sometime soon, yeah?” She paused for a moment, before continuing. “Hey, Liam, I love you. I miss you a lot! See you hopefully very soon!” She puckered up her glossed lips as if to kiss Liam through the screen of a laptop.

“I love you too, Danielle. Miss you a lot. See you soon, I hope,” he repeated, puckering up his lips for the webcam as well. I wasn’t sure who it was that ended the Skype call, but the screen went black and Liam closed his computer. "So, Parker, what brings you to the headquarters of Liam Payne?"

Instead of answering him in a straightforward matter, my arms extended toward him, engulfing Liam in a massive hug. "Thank you Liam," I began, whispering into his ear. Before he replied, I untangled my arms from his shoulders.

"The camera? It was only the right thing to do. If it weren't for us, you wouldn't have been in that predicament. It was my pleasure," he paused. "Although, I only proposed the idea. Zayn is the one you should be thanking. He'd forced Paul to take him to the nearest camera store in order to get the same exact model."

"How did he even know?" I questioned, wearing a confused, yet happy expression on my face.

"He has a good memory. He remembered your talks in the limousine about your photography and your favorite camera. He also saw this morning that you took your favorite camera, so it was only logical." Liam finished his sentence donning a cocky yet adorable smile, proud of his logic shining trough.

I giggled profusely, playfully smacking him on his arm. "You know, for someone with terrible spelling skills, you sure do have a wide range of vocabulary."

"Not my fault! Blame my English teacher from grade school," he accused.

"That excuse isn't going to work on me," I giggled again. "Why you might ask? Because spelling is the easiest thing to learn! I feel bad for Danielle - having to put up with the job of deciphering your texts on a daily basis," I half joked. Truthfully, terrible grammar was my biggest pet peeve, making it only evident that I felt bad for Danielle.

"I'm sure she's fine with it," he chuckled. He looked like he was about to say something, yet he didn't quite know how to phrase it. Finally, he spoke softly. "Can I tell you something?"

"Is it a secret?" I questioned, giggling.

"Sort of..." Liam’s voice trailed off.

"Okay! In that case, I promise not to tell," I stuck my right pinky out toward him and he shook it with his own left pinky.

"It's not that kind of secret. You can tell. Just not now." I shook my head in complete understanding. "I didn't tell you this, but..." his voice became a mere whisper as he fumbled with his hands, searching for the right words. "The lads have an ongoing bet."

"And? Boys make bets all the time! Hopefully they won't develop a gambling addiction at such a young age!" I laughed, trying to lighten the serious mood Liam was creating.

"Well, this bet is different. It involves you," he mumbled, earning a confused expression from me. "Ugh, now, how do I put this...? Wow, I'm a terrible person for telling you. But I'll also be a terrible person if I don't tell you."

"Just spit it out," my voice had a tone of timidity as I grew more impatient by the second. Boy, did this boy have one conscience.

“Their bet... the winner is whoever songs you first. Snog means hook up. At least I think that's what Americans call it."

My lips formed an 'o' shape. "Hook up as in make out, or as in all the way?"

"Yes, make out. Oh god, why did I tell you?! I'm such a terrible person!"

"Are you serious?! That's such a typical guy move," I groaned, allowing my annoyance to roam freely. "Why would they make such a degrading bet?"

"I guess they find you attractive? You are indeed a very beautiful girl, to be quite honest," Liam smiled one of his charming smiles.

I sent him a smile, expressing gratitude for both calling me beautiful and telling me about what the scheming boys were up to."What do they get out of it?"

"Besides making out with you? Money."

"So how about we give them a run for that money? Along with the satisfaction they would have had."

"What are you implying, Parker?" He seemed genuinely intrigued in my plot.

"Call Danielle. Right now," I demanded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Before the authors note, could you please vote for me in this poll? It's for a 1d contest over tumblr. You can vote for me using the harrehnudes button. If I win, I'll probably be writing more so go vote here: http://poll.pollcode.com/or7f9 VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!
You got the comments in so fast awwwww you guys make me SO HAPPY! :)
Think we can get to 75 comments by the next chapter?!
Ok so poll answers thing:
Zayn IIIIIII
Niall II
Harry II
Liam
Louis
NO LOVE FOR LOUIS AND LIAM?! Aw well, you might be right with your guesses ;)