Down With the Sickness.

Chapter Four.

The next few days in the house were awkward to say the least. Everyone was really quiet, especially Bam. I think he was still grieving over the death of his wife, though no one could really be sure. He hadn't cried, or really shown any emotion. Just.. Wandered about, almost like he was on automatic. Right now I was laid in bed with Ashley, Brooke went down to the living room a long time ago so I didn't even know what time it was.

“Ash, do you think we’re gonna be okay?” I asked groggily as I placed my hand under my head. He groaned before copying my action.

“We've been fine for this long, Pay.” He murmured as he closed his eyes for a moment. He scooted closer to me and kissed my forehead softly. “Everything’s going to be fine, Payton.” He whispered as he fell back into a slumber. I rose from the bed, my hair was probably all over the place but I didn't care, these boys would see me at my worst. I walked down into the living room and then into the kitchen. I poked my head out of the doorway and saw Bam laid in the middle of the floor. I furrowed my brows.

“Bam? Would you like anything to eat?” I asked and he shook his head solemnly. I sighed softly before walking over to him, sitting down beside him. “Bam, you really need to eat something.. I haven’t seen you eat in days..” I stated and he groaned before turning around and sending a glare my way.

“Look, I don’t feel like fucking eating. Okay?!” He shouted and I simply rolled my eyes as I stood up.

“Don’t think I didn't fucking try to help, okay. It’s a sick world out there, Bam. People are getting torn apart as we fucking speak. Mothers, Fathers, Boyfriends and girlfriends. There’s no fucking helping it. You don’t think I've lost? I've lost my boyfriend of seven years , my mother and father and also my little sister. She was twelve years old. So before you start with the self pity, think about others as well.” I stated and walked into the kitchen away from him. The boy made my blood boil. I decided on making some pancakes so I got out all of the ingredients. Once they were all mixed I placed blobs in the pan and watched them sizzle. I placed a few on a plate once they were done and took a few, placing syrup all over them. As I ate I heard someone enter the room. I was surprised to see Bam enter and grab a few pancakes, drenching them in syrup just as I did. All I did was smile before looking down at the food on my plate.

“You’re right..” He stated softly as he tucked into the pancakes. “All I ever do is think about myself. I have to count myself lucky for what I have and not what I've lost..” He said as he stared down at the food. “I know I'm not the easiest person to get along with but that’s just me, I need my ass kicking in to gear every once in a while.” He said with a soft sigh and I nodded.

“Don’t worry about it, everyone gets hurt. It just take the right train of thought to get over it." I said as I looked over at him and smiled. He sent a soft smile back and we continued the rest of our breakfast in peace. “Where are the others?” I asked eventually and he shrugged.

“Some of them are making sure that Vito gets disposed of and others are checking the fencing around the premises. Nothing can get in here, and I mean nothing. The wall is around fifteen foot high.” He said with a chuckle and I raised a brow as I thought about the large man the other day.

“Then how did your uncle get in here?” I asked and he sighed.

“Vito was in here when we weren't. Before we got the fencing a few of them got in.. We thought Vito had drove home or something to get away.. Obviously not.. Every zombie that was on this land had been killed. Apart from Vito 'cause no one knew where he was.” He said with a sad sigh and I just looked down at my now empty plate.

“I'm sorry, Bam. It shouldn't have happened but it does. It’s no ones fault that Missy and Vito passed..” I said and he simply nodded.

“Same for your family and boyfriend.” He said and I simply smiled and shrugged.

“It happens.” I said with a sigh as I got up and placed my plate in the sink. Bam got up not long after and I grabbed the plate from his hand and started washing it. He stood beside me, staring.

“You can use Missy’s clothes if you like, I know she told you that you could in the first place and I know she wouldn't want them just stuck there.” Bam said with a soft smile and I smiled softly back.

“Thank you, Bam.” I said before going back to washing the pots, but he interrupted me again.

“And also, we didn't give you guys a proper welcome. We’ll have a barbecue tonight.” He said and with that, he walked away. Once I was done with all the dishes, I walked upstairs and knocked on Bam’s door. He answered after a couple of minutes, his brow raised.

“May I borrow the clothes you were talking about?” I asked with an awkward chuckle and he laughed before nodding and opening the door further for me to walk in.

“It’s just through that door.” He said as he pointed to the door at the side of him before running up and plopping on the bed. I shrugged to myself before walking in, shocked at the largeness of the room.

“Wow..” I whispered to myself. I heard Bam chuckle, but I ignored it. I walked around the room looking at all the outfits and smile as I picked out the best one. I was half way through getting changed when the door opened suddenly.

“Shit sorry!” Bam exclaimed as he closed the door but stayed outside.

“You know, I really don’t care. Ashley’s seen me naked plenty of times. I'm fine with anyone that I don’t like, in that way, looking.” I said with a chuckle and he laughed awkwardly before cracking open the door, walking in.

“Well as long as you give consent, whatever.” He chuckled as he sat down on the sofa that was in the middle of the room. “I was just wondering what was taking so long.” He said with a sigh and I smiled as I pulled up the shorts.

“Well, what’s the point in taking the clothes to my room to get changed when I’ll have to bother you again to get shoes. There’s no logic in that.” I said with a slight giggle as I pulled the t-shirt over my head and slipped on the cardigan. I placed the bracelets on my arm before walking over to look at the shoes. I picked out some beautiful black heels and placed them on my feet. I looked in the full length mirror and smiled softly before looking at the bags under my eyes. I sighed and looked through a few of the drawers to find some make up. Once I found it I added a little foundation before adding eye liner and mascara. I brushed out my hair and turned to Bam who’s mouth had dropped. “What?” I asked with a nervous giggle and he simply smiled.

“I hate to admit it but you look better in that than Missy did..” He whispered sadly and I sighed as I walked over to him.

“Come on, you need a few drinks.” I said with a small smirk and he shook his head before taking my hand and jumping up.

“I need a few drinks everyday, and I have them.” He chuckled before exciting the room and I followed after him.

Later that night at the barbecue, everyone was outside having a good time. I saw Ashley across the large garden on a deck chair and I smiled at him before making my way over. Once I got there he shifted up an allowed me to lay down next to him, which I did. I laid down and placed my head on his chest gently.

“You okay, Ash?” I asked and he smiled, running his hands through my hair.

“ I'm fine, Pay.” He said as he sighed. “I love it here, it’s so peaceful.” He murmured. I nodded softly before turning my head so my chin was on his chest, my eyes staring into his.

“Do you ever wonder why all this shit happened?” I asked and he shook his head.

“Not really, whatever happens, happens. Let’s just be happy we’re still alive.” He said and smiled, I smiled back softly just as there was a giant splash. I looked towards the pool and laughed as I saw Bam and Ryan inside the pool, fighting. The child inside me must have broke free because I instantly stood up and took off the heels I was wearing before running towards the pool and jumping in. I laughed as I swam back up. Bam and Ryan had now stopped fighting and were laughing at me.

“Your make-ups all the way down your face dude.” Ryan laughed and I shrugged.

“ Doesn't stop me from kicking your ass.” I said as I jumped on his back, sending him back under the water. Bam laughed loudly as Ryan appeared at the top of the water and made his way over to the edge.

“ I'm done.” He exclaimed out of breath. “The fit chick wins.” He said as he pulled himself up and out.

“You wanna piece of me, Margera?” I taunted and Bam looked over at me, a smirk on his face.

“Try it, Payton.” He said with a chuckle and I raised my brows as I circled around him. I stared at him as I walked around, waiting for him to crack. “Okay, okay! You win!” He exclaimed as he walked over to the edge of the pool and climbed up, ripping the wet t-shirt from his body. I looked for a few moments, my eyes wide. He must have noticed cause he chuckled lightly. I ripped my eyes from his body and climbed out. I ran over to Ashley and jumped onto his deck chair, the water from me instantly going on him.

“Payton!” He exclaimed with a chuckle and I simply giggled as I stood back up.

“Come on! Have some fun Ash!” I exclaimed as I pulled off the cardigan I was wearing and threw it at him. He chuckled and threw it back before rising up.

“Oh, it’s on Payton.” He said before pulling off his t-shirt and walking towards me. I didn't expect what came next. He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

“Ashley! Put me down!” I giggled as I hit his back. He walked over to the edge of the pool and jumped in, me going with him. Two times I’d been in the pool today. When I came back up to the top I giggled softly. “I think all of you should come in! The waters beautiful!” I exclaimed and all the boys shrugged before running towards the pool and jumping in. Brooke came over next and jumped in, causing a large splash. I giggled as I wrapped my arms tightly around her and Ashley.

“Group hug!” Johnny exclaimed and everyone smiled before huddling together. “We have three new people joining our family. And I want this hug to be a reminder of it. I love you guys, we’re in this together now.” He said with a soft smile and I grinned before nodding my head softly.

“Thank you guys.” I said and that’s when we all separated, the boys started a water fight so I straight away joined in. I instantly attacked them with the water and they gasped as they came running after me as fast as they could in the water. The next thing I knew, Bam had me pinned against the side of the pool as the others splashed water at me. I giggled loudly as they did so. “Okay, okay! I give up!” I exclaimed with a smile and they all stopped the attack. But Bam stayed in place. I gave him a confused glance and he simply shrugged before wrapping his arms around me tightly. I stood in shock for a few moments but wrapped my arms around him. He soon let me go and wandered back over to Johnny. What the fuck just happened?..