Status: Comments = updates! :D

One Thing

That One

We've all been told that getting into the music business is a one in a millionth, if not billionth, chance. Well for Liam James Payne, he wanted to be that one. He wasn't doing it for the fame and fortune, he was doing it so that his music could have a meaning in someone's life and or save one.

As a child, Liam would always get up in front of family or friends and sing his heart out. Whether it be at Christmas parties, birthday parties, church, or even in the streets of our hometown, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, England, Liam sang and he was and still is amazing. All the singing he did led him to the chance of a lifetime when he was just fourteen. Liam landed a spot in the X Factor, but sadly he was dismissed when he reached Simon Cowell's house for being too young and, in Simon's opinion, not completely developed in vocal range. Liam was devastated but who could blame him. Simon told him to come back in two years and try again. Liam jumped at the chance.

For those two years, Liam continued singing and worked hard. He was determinedd to make his dream come true. Now here we are, laying on the roof of his house, looking up at the stars, hours away from driving to London for the X-Factor auditions that were just two days away.

"Are you at all nervous?"

He smiled, never taking his eyes off the sky. "Just a tad."

"Don't worry Liam, you'll do an amazing job."

He chuckled and looked at me. "What makes you so sure? I could choke for all know."

I playfully gasped. "What, the great Liam James Payne choke in the middle of a performance? Have you gone mad?"

"Ellie cut that out. I'm serious. What if it happens?"

His eyes filled concern. I moved myself closer to him, wrapped an arm around his torso, and placed my head on his chest. i could feel every breath he took, hear his every heart beat, and smell the sweet aroma that radiated off of him. He then wrapped an arm around my waist. Not many people knew it but I was in love with Liam Payne. Have been for years. Did he know? God forbid he ever finds out. Things between Liam and I would drastically change for the worse if he ever found out, I just know it.

I sighed. "Don't worry, it won't. I believe in you Liam. You'll sing beautifully like always and make Simon regret ever letting you go."

I felt him chuckle. "You're never going to let that go are you?"

"Absolutely not! He made you cry, which then made me cry. He isn't getting off the hook that easily bub."

We shared a small laugh before it grew silent.

"So you really think I can make it again?"

I looked up at him and smiled. "Of course. What kind of best friend would I be if I said no?"

He smiled and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead. "Thanks Elena."

I quickly turned away to hide the redness that was slowly consuming my face. "You're welcome."

"Liam! Elena!"

We both sat up and carefully looked over the edge of the roof. "What is it mum?"

"Liam, it's time to go. We gotta leave now if we want to at least make it somewhere towards the front of the line. Are you coming with Elena?"

I smiled and nodded. "I sure am Mrs. Payne, that is if you don't mind."

She giggled. "Absolutely not my dear. Liam is
going to need all the support he can get. Having you there may cause wonders." She then playfully winked.

I looked over Liam. "What is she talking about?"

He frantically shook his head. "Just ignore my
mother. Obviously she's gone completely bonkers."

"Um okay?"

"Come on let's get going."

I nodded and followed him off the roof and into his mum's car, hand in hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Elena A.

First Chapter!
Please comment!
I'm pretty proud of this chapter for it being my first attempt at a One Direction story. :)

~Sevie xo