Status: Comments = updates! :D

One Thing

Brokenhearted

The flight back home was unbearable. Guilt rushed through my entire body. I looked out the window to forget about what I had done as the bright lights of Los Angeles lit up the dark night sky. It soon got closer and closer as the plane slowly began to land. Wasn't long before I was walking through the airport and calling for a cab to take me home.

Once I got home, it was around 12:25 in the morning. I took out all my belongings from the cab, paid the driver, and walked up to the front door. All the lights were off from what I could tell so I figured my dad was fast asleep. Just as I was about to unlock the door, it suddenly flew open.

"I thought I saw a car. What are you doing here? I thought you weren't coming back til tonight."

"I decided to come home early. So can I come in?"

My dad nodded and stepped aside. I walked in with my suitcase in tow as my dad closed the door behind me.

"Did something happen?"

I shook my head. "N-no not at all. I just figured since the shoot was done, it was okay to come home earlier than anticipated."

"I see...so how was the shoot? What artist was it?"

"Oh uh the shoot went well. Lots of breath taking outfits. It was a boy band but I forgot their name." I lied.

"Did anything interesting happen on set?"

"I-interesting? No not really." Except Liam kissing me... "Anyway, why are you still up? It's late."

"I was actually just finishing up this movie that i've been wanting to watch for the longest time."

"Oh ok." I nodded, letting out a long yawn.

My dad smiled and hugged me close. "I'm glad you're back safe and sound and that everything went well on your trip." He then placed a kiss on my forehead. "Now off to bed. That six hour flight can take a lot out of you."

I chuckled. "Yea just a bit. My bum is still asleep."

After exchanging our good nights, I went straight to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That kiss...I could still feel it lingering on my lips...and those words...

"I love you…"

They just repeated over and over in my head. I slowly sat up in my comfy bed as the sun's rays blinded me. I tried so hard to sleep all night but kept waking up every ten minutes or so. With thoughts like that, it was no wonder.

I finally got out of bed and stretched as I walked over to my closet. While looking for an outfit, there was a knock on my bedroom door followed by my dad's cheerful voice.

"Elena, are you awake?"

"No i'm still sleeping."

The door then opened revealing a smile on his face. "Well excuse me for disturbing you but i'm gonna run down to the grocery store to pick up a couple things. Anything you'd like?"

"Big bag of Reece's please!"

"Anything else?" He chuckled.

I shook my head. "Nope, that's it."

He walked up to me and placed a kiss on my forehead. "Alright then, I'll be back in a jiffy."

After a slight nod, he walked out and shut the door. I finally found an outfit and headed to the bathroom for a relaxing shower. Not even ten minutes into it, there was loud knocking coming from downstairs.

"What the hell...?!?"

I finished off as quickly as possible, got dressed, and immediately ran downstairs, nearly falling in the process. The banging continued even when I got to the door. I threw the door open, prepared to unleash all hell, when I realized it was my best friends standing at the door.

"Sweet cheeks you're back!"

I calmed down and laughed at Atti's sudden embrace. "Hey Atti."

I hugged the others as they came in one by one. I then closed the door once they were all inside.

"You were about to flip shit when you opened the door weren't you?" Brittany laughed.

I blushed. "Maybe just a tad. I was in the middle of taking a shower."

We all laughed. "Anyway, how was New York?" Paige asked.

"Let's go to the living room first and i'll tell you all about it."

We all nodded and did just that. Once everyone was seated comfortably, I began telling them about my trip, leaving out minor details of course.

"Lucky. I wish I could've gone." Atti pouted.

"So who was the shoot for?" Rachel asked.

"Oh uh just some boy band." I smiled.

"Oh speaking of boy bands, guess what?"

We all looked at Brittany.

"Well are you guys going to guess?"

I smiled. "I'm not too good at guessing. Just tell us."

She pouted. "Oh alright. Anyway, so one of my fave boy bands did this interview recently and they actually answered one of my questions."

"You serious?" Alice asked.

Brittany nodded frantically. "Dead serious! It's on video." Brittany then clapped her hands together and looked at me. "May I please use your computer Elena?"

I nodded. "Have at it Brit. Connect it to the tv if you want. I'll go get some snacks."

They all nodded as I left the room. I rummaged through the kitchen cabinets and pulled out all the sweets I could find. As I was pouring them into bowls, squeals along with a familiar voice came from the living room. No it can't be... I immediately dropped everything I was doing and ran to the living room. When I walked in, there he was on my television. My friends were all front and center admiring One Direction on the screen. Paige was the first to notice my presence.

"Need help with snacks?"

"Oh uh yea..."

She stood up and followed me to the kitchen.

"So Paige..."

"Yea?"

"One Direction?"

She smiled and nodded. "Yup, have you heard of them before?"

"Not really." I lied.

"They are amazing! Not to mention hot! I have a slight crush on Louis. Sucks that he's taken though but i'm happy for him."

So Lou has a girlfriend huh? "That's cute."

"What is?"

"Oh that you're happy for him."

She blushed. "Thanks, now come on."

We each carried bowls out to the living room and made another trip to get drinks.

As the girls squealed and fangirled over the lads, I just sat back on the couch and took in everything they were saying in the interviews. In each one that we watched, Liam mention a girl that had his heart. Could he be talking about...me? I shook the thought out of head and continued to watch. The more we watched, the more I learned.

According to Brittany, Liam had a rumored girlfriend named Danielle Peazer that he met during X Factor. When those words came from her mouth, I felt my heart ache. Maybe that's why he just stood there when I confessed...he didn't know how to turn me down... One Direction was all the girls could talk about up to the point when they had to leave.

Once they were gone, I began cleaning up what mess we had made.

"Need any help?"

"Whoa!"

I threw the bowl I had in my hands at my dad's sudden appearance.

"You okay?" He laughed.

I just glared at him. "You're lucky this bowl is plastic but yea i'm fine."

"You don't seem like it."

"What are you talking about?

He walked up to me, took my hand, and sat us down on the couch. "I absolutely positive I saw your eyes water when Britt spoke about Liam and his 'girlfriend' or am I wrong?"

I sighed. "You saw that? Whoa wait when did you get home?"

"I got home about an hour ago. You girls were all busy admiring the boys."

"Oh...."

"But yes I saw that. I had a feeling you had feelings for Liam."

"Yea well not anymore. Do you have any idea how embarrassed I am right now daddy?"

"Embarrassed, how?"

I sighed. "The day we left for America, I confessed to Liam that I loved him."

"And how is that embarrassing?"

"Did you not hear what Brittany said? He was dating that Danielle Peazer chick during X Factor. He just stood there not saying anything. He didn't know how to turn me down."

"Sweet heart what if it wasn't like that?"

"What other reason could there be dad?" Tears then began to form in the corners of my eyes. "I came home early from my trip because the shoot was for One Direction. During the shoot, Liam found me. I tried faking like I didn't know him but he just saw through my act. Words were said and well..."

"Well what?"

I blushed. "He kissed me....but now I know that was all just out of pity."

"Elena..."

My tears soon came sliding down my cheeks. "I hate Liam James Payne dad. I never want to see him again!"

He slowly pulled me in close as I bawled my broken heart out.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter like promised.
I'll update again next weekend.
Look out for that. :)
Enjoy!

~S.R. xx