Status: Comments = updates! :D

One Thing

Misery

It feels like it's been years since I last saw Liam when really it's only been about 2 weeks. I totally understood that being a contestant on the X Factor meant being away from your loved ones and you'd think I'd be used to it from the first time but sadly I'm not. I really miss him.

We've managed to talk on the phone every so often, which wasn't too bad. He told me that there was going to be a boot camp of some sort and that the judges were gonna be eliminating people soon after that before the live show performances. I knew he was cared from the tone in his voice. I wished so hard to be there and tell him everything was going to be alright. It didn't really mean much if I told him that over the phone but he knew it anyway. We had that conversation just recently but as to when I could see him again, only time would tell. Until that time comes, I'll continue to mope around my house, in my pjs at four in the afternoon. Not even the god awful junk on the tele could cheer me up.

I groaned. "Someone save me from my misery!"

"Elena, you're sixteen. You're too young to be miserable."

I glanced over at my dad from the living room couch. He was sitting at the dining table looking through some newspaper. "Dad even at just sixteen, a person can be miserable. We are human after all. Unless..."

He chuckled and shook his head. "Yes Elena, I'm an alien that has come from the planet Mars. You're half human, half matian."

I playfully gasped. "I knew there was something special about me."

"Trust me, that's not why you're special."

"Hey what's that suppose to mean, you big old nerd?"

My father just rolled his eyes. "Yea I'm the nerd says the girl that's obsessed with that boy Potter."

"His name is Harry Potter. Get it right." I giggled.

We both shared a laugh when suddenly a phone began to ring. I checked mine but found it just sitting there silently. I looked over at my dad And saw him answer his.

"Yes sir."

My father motioned that he'd be right back and headed to his room. I turned my attention back to the tele and continued to flip through all the rubbish. I wasn't very fond of silence. It always gave me this creepy eerie feeling. It never felt that way when Liam or my father were around, since I knew they were there.

I always talk about my father, Liam, and his family constantly but never my mum. She hasn't been in my life for fifteen years. Do I remember her? Not really. I was only one when she walked out me and my dad. I could vividly remember the strong discussion she and my father had the day she left. I was rather young to understand some of the words being said. I never saw her or heard from her ever again. My father and I left that god awful place and moved to our current location when I was 5. I started school soon after and that's how I met Liam. The rest is history.

"Sweetheart?"

"Yes dad?" I answered, without taking my eyes off the tele.

"Mr. Parker needs to see me immediately in his office, will you be okay here by yourself for just a few hours?"

I smiled at him and nodded. "Of course dad. Don't worry about me. Plus if I do get lonely, I'll just go next door ro the Payne's until you get back."

"I'm surprised they haven't gotten tired of you like I have."

"Daddy!" I whined.

My father chuckled and placed a kiss on my forehead. "I'm only joking Ellie. I could never get tired of my little girl.

"You're such a butt kisser."

"Psh yea look who's talking."

"I learned from the best." I smiled proudly.

"Indeed you did soldier, well done."

I giggled. "Dad your meeting."

"Oh right." He pecked me on the forehead again and headed out the door front door with me following close behind. "Call me if you need anything."

"I know dad. Good luck with Mr. Parker."

He opened his car door and saluted me before
getting inside. "Aye aye captian."

I waved goodbye as he pulled out of the driveway and onto the main street. He was soon out of sight. Just as I was walking back inside, I heard my name being called from next door.

"Good afternoon Elena."

I looked over and saw Liam's parents waving at me.

"Good afternoon Mr. and Mrs. Payne."

"If you don't mind me asking, where did your father head off to?" Mr. Payne asked.

"Oh no I don't mind at all. He went to a meeting with Mr. Parker. Not quite sure for what."

"Maybe he'll finally get that promotion he's been aiming for. Your father is one amazing
photographer."

I smiled. "Thank you Mrs. Payne."

She smiled back. "Oh dear before I forget, Liam left us a message for you."

My heart slowly began to beat rapidly. "A message for me?"

Mrs. Payne nodded. "Yes he said for you to get on Skype later. He'll be calling you tonight but he's not sure what time."

I nodded. "Alright, thank you so much for telling me."

"No problem." Mr. Payne then checked his watch.

"Well Elena, the Mrs. and I must be going now. We're a tad late for a meeting ourselves but do let us know what's become of our son."

I nodded. "Absolutely sir."

I bid them goodbye and finally headed inside. I locked the front door and ran up to my room. 'So much for going over to their house.' I thought to myself. Once in my room, I closed the door and walked over to my desk. I picked up my laptop and headed to my bed. I opened it and logged in to everything I needed to finally be able to use it. I then logged onto Skype to see if Li was online. I know I had just gotten the message from his parents but I was excited to see him, even if it was through a computer screen. Sadly he wasn't. I sighed deeply and just browzed around the internet before suddenly dozing off.

I was woken up about three hours later by a loud ringing sound. I looked at the screen in front of me and saw that I was recieving a video call from Liam. I quickly answered it.

He smiled. "About time, I was getting worried."

I giggled after letting out a small yawn. "Sorry I fell asleep."

"Oh sorry. I can let you sleep if you want."

I shook my head. "It's alright, there's plenty of time to do that. I rather talk with you instead. I don't really get to do that anymore."

Liam chuckled. "Sorry about that Ellie."

"No need, I'll just blame Simon for it."

"Yet another reason to hate him?"

I nodded and playfully winked. "You bet."

He just shook his head and smiled. "Anyway, how are things over there?"

"Boring." I sighed. "I really miss you Liam."

"Believe me, I miss you too. It's no fun without my best friend."

"Exactly. They need to change their policies. Darn that Simon."

"Yet another reason to hate Simon I take it."

"Oh I have a scroll of reasons, don't even get me started on that." I giggled.

"Fair enough, I won't." He smiled.

I smiled in return. "So how are things at the X Factor? How did boot camp go?"

Liam's smile soon faded. "Yea about that..."

At that point, I started thinking the worst. "Please don't tell me you got kicked off. I will hunt Simon down and...and..."

"Elena relax. Let me explain. Boot camp didn't go so well for a lot of us but the judges did think of a solution."

"A solution?"

He nodded. "They decided to create an all boys group and an all girls group."

"Correction, a boy band and YOU'RE IN A BOY BAND?!"

"Alright and yes I am." He chuckled.

"That's so awesome!"

Liam smiled and looked at me strangely. "You really think so?"

I nodded. "Absolutely."

"Thanks. Oh by the way, the mates want to meet you."

"Meet me? Why on Earth would they want to do that? Are they mad?"

Suddenly a dark-haired boy came into view on Li's right. "Liam here talks about you constantly."

"It's true." said a dirty blonde coming into view on Li's left. "Ellie this, Ellie that." He then pinched Liam's cheeks. "He's just so cute."

Liam shoved both boys and chuckled. "Quit it will ya Zayn. You too Louis."

While Liam playfully fought with Zayn and Louis, two other boys came into view. One was blonde and the other was a curly-haired bruntte.

"Is he always like that?" asked the brunette.

I giggled. "Only sometimes."

"So you're Elena?" asked the blonde. I smiled and nodded. "Well hi, I'm Niall Horan. Nice to finally meet you."

I smiled. "Nice to meet you too Niall. Out of curiousity, are you Irish? I mean cause you have an accent and all."

Niall nodded and smiled proudly. "Yeah I do. I'm one proud Irish lad."

"That's so cool." I looked at the curly-haired boy beside Niall and smiled. "What's your name?"

"Harry Styles, glad to finally meet you too. Liam talks about you a loy but not once has he said how unbelievably cute you are. " He winked.

I cound't help but giggle. "Oh gosh."

Liam and the other wo boys then came into view all beaten up. I spoke to all five of the boys for a good two hours before a knock was heard from my bedroom door. My father popped his head in.

"You're still awake I see."

I nodded. "Just talking to Liam and a few of his new friends."

"Ah I see well when you're done, can you come downstairs? There's something I need to talk to you about."

Something in his voice worried me. I just nodded and hoped that my concern didn't show. After a quick hello to the boys, my father stepped out and closed my bedroom door.

"Is something wrong Ellie?"

I looked at the boys, who all had a look of concern on their faces.

"I'm worried about my dad. There's something not right."

"You should go talk to him."

Harry nodded, agreeing with Louis. "Yeah Louis right. Go talk to your dad."

I looked at my door then back at the boys on my computer screen. Liam sighed and smiled. "Elena go."

"But what about..."

He just shook his head. "Don't worry. We'll talk again soon."

"Promise?"

He nodded. "I promise Elena."

I sighed and smiled. "Well alright then. See you guys soon."

After a chourus of 'goodbye's, I signed off and headed downstairs. I saw the living room lights on and followed them only to find my father sitting on the couch quietly.

"Dad?"

He turned to me and patted the open spot next to him. "Come, sit."

I nodded and did as told. "So um how did your meeting with Mr. Parker go?"

He sighed. "Good, very good actually. I got the promotion."

I smiled and hugged him. "Oh my gosh dad, that's amazing! Congrats!"

"Thanks sweetheart..."

I pulled away and looked at him strangely. "Why don't you seem happy about it?"

He sighed again. "Elena, the promotion requires us to move."

I felt my heart drop. "Mo-move, to where? London? Essex? Where dad?"

"Neither. We're required to move to America, California to be exact."

My heart immediately shattered. "A-america? Dad, I know you have been looking forward to this promotion but please don't accept it. I don't want to leave. What about school? What about Liam? I'm suppose to be supporting him on this whole X Factor journey. I can't just leave him dad. I won't!"

I quickly ran to my room and slammed the door shut. I threw myself on my bed and hugged my pillow for dear life. Tears poured out of my eyes one after the other. Being away from Liam this long made me miserable and it's just a hew hours away but move to America? I might as well die. I wasn't anywhere ready to leave the one person that's helped me through so much behind. He was my rock, my savior. Liam Payne is the love of my life. Sure I'm too young to say that but it was true.

"Liam please, come save me." I cried, hugging my pillow tighter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pretty long chapter.
Let me know if you prefer it this way or a bit shorter.

I'm loving all this feedback!
You guys are beyond awesome!<3
Keep it up for more updates. :D ~Sevie xx