Status: Comments = updates! :D

One Thing

Promise

Weeks went by faster than expected. Every week someone went home from the competition while my mates and I pulled through and became the last group remaining. During every rehearsal, Simon asked for perfection and well he got it. Yea we were exhausted beyond belief but we wanted to win just as much as he did. This rehearsal was no differennt from the rest.

Once we finished up for the day, Simon let us know on what to work on before finally dismissing us. We the head out of our rehearsal space and piled into the a van that was parked out front to take us back to our hotel. I leaned against my window and watched as cars drove by. I don't know if I was over working myself or coming down with some sort of illness but recently I've been having this tight feeling in my chest. No one really knew about it but the boys did grow somewhat suspicious. I suddenly felt a soft tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Niall slouched over the seat, looking at me.

"You okay today mate? You're looking a bit pale."

This caught the others attention. I just put on a smile and nodded. "Yea, I'm fine. No worries."

"Is this about Elena? Have you finally been able to get a hold of her?" Harry curiously asked.

I sighed and shook my head, earning a sympathetic look from each boy. We all haven't heard from Elena since our video chat. The lads grew very fond of her especially now that they found out about my feelings for her. I'd call home every once in while to talk but according to my parents, they haven't heard from or seen Elena in quite sometime. I found it rather odd seeing as we lived right next door to each other. It really worried me. What if something horrible happened to her? What if she were...well gone and no one knew about it? God forbid it was that. I wouldn't know what to do with myself iif I ever lost her. I'd never be the same. As cheesy as it may sound, Elena completed me.

As soon as we came to a stop in front of our hotel, we all got out of the van and headed inside. The boys led the way as I trailed close behind. I wasn't really paying attention to where my surroundings and ended up bumping into Zayn and Niall, who just suddenly stopped in front of me. All four boys turned around and smiled at me.

"Um why are you guys acting weirder than usual?"

"Looks like you have a visitor."

I looked at Louis strangely. "A visitor?"

They all stood behind me and pointed at a girl leaned against a nearby wall. Without a second thought, I ran over to her , picked her up and twirled her around. Words could not describe how unbelievably happy and relieved I was to finally see and hold her again.

She giggled. "Liam put me down. My dress is flying up."

I did as told but continued to hold her close. "I missed you so much Ellie."

She smiled. "I missed you too Li."

"Shall we leave you two alone?"

We pulled apart and looked at the boys who were giving us funny looks. "Well?" Louis winked.

I blushed and gazed at the ground in hopes that Elena wouldn't see.

"Hi boys. It's nice to finally meet you in person and not through a small computer screen."

"Do we get hugs too?" Niall asked using that puppy dog look of his. The others followed.

Elena giggled and nodded. "Awh of course."

They all pushed me out of the way and huddled around her. She seemed really happy but for some reason, I felt like Elena was hiding something. I could probably be exaggerating and be over thinking the situation or maybe she's actually perfectly fine and I'm just worrying for no reason.

"Hey Liam!"

I snapped out of my train of thought and looked at the lads. "What?"

Louis sighed in relief. "Oh good, i thought we lost ya there mate."

"Lost me?"

Zayn chuckled. "You went to your own little world Li. We said your name several times but you just stood there looking into god knows where."

"Oh um sorry about that." I looked around and noticed that Ellie and Niall were gone. "Uh where did Niall and Elena go?"

"Easy there lover boy." Harry smiled. "Nialler took your beloved Elena down the block to get some snacks for later. We decided to have a movie night in your suite."

"What, why mine?"

"You were too far gone to object." Zayn teased, followed by a few laughs from Louis and Harry.

I just rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Ok I get it, I space out. Hardy, har, har. Anyway, isn't it a tad bit early for movies?"

Louis calmed down and nodded. "Yea that's why were going to go get a bite to eat first then come back. First we shower and get ready though. We did just get back from rehearsing with Simon."

With that said, we each headed to our rooms. Louis and Harry shared a room, while Niall, Zayn, and myself had our own after our rommates were sent home from the competition. Once I got to my room, I quickly cleaned up whatever mess there was. If I was going to have my best friend slash love of my life in my room, I wanted it to be presentable even if she has seen how messy I can get. After everything was cleaned, I picckd out some clothing and hopped into the shower. Not even ten minutes into my shower, I heard rukus coming from outside the bathroom. I quickly finished my shower, got dressed and headed out to find Louis and Harry in the middle of a pillow fight.

"Seriously guys, I just cleaned up. Stop that."

Louis groaned and pouted. "Awh, I was just about to dominate too."

"Only in your dreams Lou." Harry chuckled.

"Don't act so coy my dear Harry. You should know better than anyone that I most definitely
dominate."

I just rolled my eyes. "Whatever, would you two please just clean this mess up?"

They both sighed. "Yes dad."

While they cleaned up, I finished getting ready. Just as I was tying my shoes, there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it!" Louis shouted pushing Haz out of his way.

He ran over to the door and opened it to reveal Zayn and Elena carrying four bags of snacks.

"Where's Niall?" asked Harry as they walked in.

"He said he was gonna go take a shower. We bumped into Zayn in the hallway and well here we are." Elena smiled, setting the bags on a nearby table.

Louis immediately began searching through the bags along with Zayn and Harry. "Good god, did you and Niall buy out the entire store?"

She shook her head and giggled. "I swear I didn't pick all of that out. I suggested we just popcorn and drinks but Niall went all out."

Harry walked over to her and wrapped and arm around her waist. "Don't worry love, Lou's only teasing you. It's pretty obvious this was all Niall's doing. That lad loves to eat."

I just cleared my throat and gained everyone's attention. "So where exactly are we going to go eat?"

"Oh I saw this adorable little resturaunt on my way here. We could go there if you all want." She suggested.

I smiled. "Alright, I'm up for it. What about you guys?"

They all agreed. It wasn't long before Niall finally joined us. We told him the plan and he was instantly up for it. Once everything was settled, we headed out to our destination. The entire time we ate, I couldn't take my eyes off of Elena and how amazing she looked. She'd notice me staring and just smile at me. After we finished, we went to a nearby amusement park. Louis and Niall were the first to bolt into the park. Harry and Zayn chased after them.

"Your new friends are rather interesting." Elena giggled.

"Sorry about them. They can be quite a handful."

"True but you're there to look after them. Niall told me that fans refer to you as 'Daddy Direction'."

I blushed. "Oh god, um yea they do. It's this nickname."

"It's cute. I think it suits you perfectly."

"Thanks Ellie."

She smiled and took a horld of my hand. "Come on then, let's go have some fun."

Elena took me on several rides. The last of them all was the ferris wheel. As we went higher into the sky, the lights from the rides along with the moonlit sky made Elena glow so heavenly. She sat across from me and gazed out the cart window.

"Hey Liam?"

"Yea?"

"Remember wat you told me when you gave me this necklace on my sixteenth birthday?"

I nodded. "Yea. I said to always remember that I'll always be there for you when or if no one else is. That as long as I believe in you, you'll achieve everything you set your mind to because..."

"...that's what best friends are for."

"Exactly. Why bring this up all of a sudden?"

She looked at me and smiled. "I just wanted to tell you that..."

All of a sudden the cart door swung open and the carnie running the ferris wheel popped his head into the cart. "Out we go."

Elena and I stepped off and were greeted by the guys.

"Did you guys have a nice view up there?" Zayn asked.

Ellie nodded. "It was amazing up there. A bit scary but still pretty fun."

Harry then checked his watch. "It's getting pretty late, we should head back soon."

"Just one more ride. It's no fair Liam had Elena all to himself this entire time. I wanted to at least go on one ride with her."

Elena smiled at the Irish lad. "What ride do you have in mind Niall?"

"The dungeon drop."

"Oh um well that's pretty high. Promise you'll hold my hand?"

Niall nodded as Louis struck a superhero pose. "Never fear my fair maiden for I shall be there to protect you as well."

"Awh Louis my hero. Alright then let's go you two."

Niall, Louis, and Elena all ran off to get in line leaving Zayn, Harry, and I to trail behind.

"So Li, did anything happen on the wheel? You seemed a bit disappointed when you got off."

I just sighed and shrugged at Harry. "To be honest, I don't even know what happened up there."

Zayn looked at me strangely. "What do you mean?"

"Well Elena asked me if I remember what I told her the day of her birthday when I gave her that 'Believe' necklace she's wearing. I told her and right when she was about to say something else, well here we are. I just feel like Elena's hiding something."

"Don't worry about it too much mate. If something is bothering her, she'll tell you when she's ready."

Harry nodded, agreeing with Zayn. "Just give her time, she'll come around."

I nodded. "Thanks guys."

Once the rest of our group got off their ride, we all headed back to the hotel. Harry, Louis, Niall, and Zayn headed to their rooms to change into their pajamas while Elena and I went to mine to set everything up. I couldn't help but feel a bit awkward around her. I somewhat tried to fix it by starting up a conversation.

"So do you have a movie in mind that you wanna watch?"

She shook her head. "Not really, I'm up for anything."

"Oh um alright."

"Um Li?"

"Yea?"

"Promise me that we'll always be friends, no matter what happens."

"Elena..."

"Please just promise me."

I nodded. "I promise Ellie."

She walked over to me and hugged me tight. "Thank you."

I returnd the embraced and kissed the top of her head. "Anything for you."

Right when we pulled away, the boys stormed into the room.

"Yay snacks!" Niall cheered heading straight to the food.

"Hey Ellie, where are your pjs?" Louis asked.

"Oh um I didn't bring any. They're all back at the hotel I'm staying at with Liam's family."

"Liam be a gentleman and lend her something to sleep in." He demanded. "Everyone must be wearing pjs of some sort."

"Is that why Harry is actually wearing some and not running around naked like always?" Zayn asked taking his spot in front of the tele.

"Hey we have a lovely young lady joining us. I have to at least look decent. Plus, Louis wouldn't let me leave our room if I didn't put something on." Harry pouted.

I just stood there shaking my head. "Anyway,follow me and I'll lend you something Ellie."

She nodded and followed me to my room. I rummaged through my clothing in search of something for her to wear. I finally found a pair of blue pajama bottoms and a plain grey shirt.

"Is this okay?" I asked handing her the articles of clothing.

She nodded. "Yea these are fine. You should change too."

Elena then walked off and closed the bathroom door behind her. I did as told and changed into my own pajamas before joining the boys. They flipped through channels until finally deciding on a movie to watch. Elena soon walked out of my room and took a seat in between me and Niall on the couch.

"So what movie are we watching?"

"Hook!" yelled both Louis and Niall.

"Good choice." She giggled.

Halfway through the movie, Elena had fallen asleep on my shoulder. The boys noticed this and quietly exited the room. I picked her up bridal style and took her to my room. I gently laid her down on my bed and tucked her in but just as I was turning away to exit the room, I felt someone take a hold of my arm. I turned around and found Elena sitting up, looking at me.

"Please stay."

I thought about it for a bit and finally nodded. She moved over and made room for me. As soon as I laid down, Elena cuddled in close to me and went back to sleep. I placed a kiss on her forehead and wished her a goodnight until finall going to sleep myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter for you all.
Hope you enjoy!
Love ya'lls comments!
Keep 'em coming please!
They are motivating me so much<3 ~ Sevie xx