Status: Comments = updates! :D

One Thing

See You Later

These last couple of days have been some of the toughest but also some of the most memorable. I still haven't told Liam about America. I don't even know if I want to. He's been nothing but smiles this entire time. I don't want to ruin that. Spending this much time with him is what I'm focusing on most. I may never get the chance to do it again.

"Elena?"

I looked over at the pool chair beside my own and saw Niall drying himself off with his towel. "What is it?"

"You okay? You seem to be deep in thought there."

"Oh uh yea I'm fine, just thinking."

"Well you should stop thinking so much and come swimming. It's our last day here."

I sat up and smiled. "Yea you're right."

He sat down beside me and smiled proudly. "You bet I am."

"Let's not get cocky my Irish friend."

Niall chuckled a bit and sighed. "Yea."

"Are you okay?"

"Nervous really."

"For tomorrow?"

He nodded. "Yea."

I hugged him sideways and placed my hand on his shoulder. "Don't be. Everything'll be fine. You and the boys will do great."

"Thanks Ellie."

Suddenly Niall picked me up and ran towards the pool and jumped in. I quickly came up for air and saw all the boys laughing.

"Niall you jerk!"

"Love you too Elena!"

I swam off to the side where I was met by Liam holding a towel out for me. "Thank you."

"Are you okay?" He asked wrapping the large cloth around my shivering body.

I nodded. "Yea I'm fine but your Irish mate over there won't be when I get through with him."

Liam chuckled as he led me over to my pool chair from before. "I sort of figured. Please be gentle with him, we need him for tomorrow."

"Oh alright."

We both laid down on the chair and looked up at the sky quietly. Just laying there wwith him gave me this urge to cry. Knowing that moments like this won't happen anymore, tore me apart.

"Elena, why are you crying?"

I shook my head and wiped my face with the towel. "Pool water in my eyes. Plus mixed with the bit of eyeliner I had on isn't exactly helping." I lied.

He smiled and brushed his thumb against my cheek, sending a tingling sensation throughout my entire body. "Want to go inside and clean up?"

I looked away and nodded, in the attempt to hide the redness slowly forming on my face. "I'll go on my own. You stay here."

"Oh um alright then."

I got off the pool chair, picked up my bag, and rushed inside to the nearest woman's bathroom. I looked straight into the mirror and saw how red my eyes, along with my face, had become.

I sighed. "Oh gosh...I look like a bloody tomato."

I turned on the sink and began washing my face. My cheek still felt all tingly from Liam's touch. Just thinking about it made my heart beat out of my chest.

"Has my love for him seriously grown to this?" I thought to myself.

I shook the thought when my phone began going off in my bag. I rummaged throught it and pulled out the device, answering it immediately.

"Hello?"

"Hey there sweetheart."

"Oh hi daddy, how are you?"

"Good, just packing the last of our belongings. Just wanted to call to see how you were and to remind you that I'll be picking you up tomorrow."

"I was doing great until you mentioned that..."

He paused for a bit then sighed. "I know it's hard Elena but think of it as a 'see you later' instead of 'goodbye'. What you and Liam have is special, everyone can see it. You two have a friendship that will last a life time."

I leaned against the wall and quietly sobbed to myself. "Don't cry sweetie. You have to be strong."

I nodded. "I know I do daddy but there's just moments where I just want to shatter. Knowing that I won't see Liam again hurts."

"You will see him again Ellie. Don't lose hope. Look I have to go now but promise me that you'll stay positive."

"I promise." I lied.

"Alright then, now wipe your tears and enjoy yourself. I'll see you tomorrow. I love you."

"I love you too daddy."

With that said, we hung up. I grasped tightly onto the device as I wrapped my arms around my now dry body. Tomorrow was the last day I'd ever get to see Liam again. I know that what my father said was true but I just don't think I can cope with the thought right now. The sudden opening of the restroom door startled me from my current breakdown. A blonde woman walked in and looked at me.

"Are you Elena?" I nodded as I quickly wiped my face. "There's a group of boys outside waiting for you my dear."

I sniffled a bit. "Oh um thank you."

"Is everything alright? Would you like me to tell the lads to wait a while longer?"

I frantically shook my head. "No worries ma'am, I'll be fine. Thank you so much for letting me know."

"Yes of course dear."

She gave me a sympathetic smile before walking into a stall further back in the restroom. I pulled out my clothing from my bag and slipped them on over my swim suit. I then slid on my sandals, tied my hair into a sideways braid, and washed off any sign of tears before finally walking out to meet the boys.

Louis was the first to spot me. "There you are princess. What took you so long? We were worried sick."

"I'm sorry mum?"

"You better be sorry young lady. You're grounded."

I shook my head and giggled. "Harry, control your wife."

Harry just stood there and laughed. "Do you have any idea how hard that is?"

"No but you both share a room, so control Lou in there."

"Oh I can't be controled my sweet Elena. Many have tried." Louis winked.

"Alright already!" Zayn shouted. "That was way too much information Lou."

Everyone laughed.

"So is everything alright?"

I looked at Liam and smiled. "Everything is back to normal. I apologize for taking so long but my dad called to check up on me."

"How is Daniel?"

"Oh um he's alright. A tad bit under the weather but alright above all. He's a busy man now that he finally got that promotion."

Liam smiled. "That's amazing, I'm happy for him. What does he do now?"

"I don't really know much about it." I lied.

"Guys!"

"What is it Niall?" Harry asked the blonde.

"I'm hungry."

"When aren't you mate?" Zayn teased.

"Actually I'm with Niall. I'm pretty hungry too." I said, trying not to sound too relieved of the
subject change.

Liam nodded. "Same here. Any ideas?"

After a quick discussion on where to go, we decided on a nearby pizza parlor. While there, we ate and joked around like we have been the past few days. There was never a dull moment with these boys. They were truly something special and I was, without a doubt, going to miss them terribly.

As our conversation went on, it took us some time to realize how late it had become. I bid the guys a 'see you tomorrow' as we headed our seperate ways from the parlor. After a good ten minutes of trying to get a hold of a cab, I heard my name being called just as I was about to get in. I turned around and saw Liam come to a stop in front of me.

"Liam, what are you doing?"

After finally catching his breath, he smiled. "Just thought I'd accompany you to make sure you arrived to your hotel safely."

"You don't have to you know."

"I know that but I want to." He held the cab door open for me and motioned me in. "Ladies first."

I couldn't help but blush at his kind gesture. "Why thank you."

Once inside, Liam stepped in right after. He told the driver our destination and drove off. The cab ride was quite enjoyable. We reminised on past events and those to come. When we came to a hault in front of the hotel, Liam stepped out and held the door open for me.

"Here we are."

"Thanks Liam."

"So I'll see you tomorrow right?"

I nodded, trying my hardest not to burst out in tears in front of him. "Absolutely, I wouldn't miss it for the world."

He smiled and placed a sweet kiss on my forehead. "Sweet dreams Ellie."

"You too Li."

After we hugged goodbye, he got back into the same cab and headed back to his own hotel. I quietly walked into the hotel behind me, rode the elevator to the fifth floor, and stepped inside my room for the last time. It was rather late so I figured Liam's parents would be fast asleep. I was wrong. They were in the living room, of our conjoined rooms, watching the tele.

"Elena dear you're finally back."

"Hello there Mr. and Mrs. Payne."

"How was your day with the boys?"

I took a seat on the couch next to theirs before answering Mr. Payne's question. "It was great."

They looked at one another then back at me. Mrs. Payne was the first to speak. "Dear, is everything alright?"

At that instant, the tears I'd been working so hard to hold back came pouring down. "I don't want to leave tomorrow."

She stood up from her seat and sat down beside me, holding me close. Mrs. Payne was the closest person I had to a mother. She was everything my mum wasn't to me. "Oh sweetheart."

"My dad called me today and said that he'll be here tomorrow to pick me up. I don't want to go to America! I want to stay here with you, Mr. Payne, Niall, Zayn, Louis, Harry, and Liam. I don't want to leave Liam. I...I..."

"Calm down sweetie, everything'll be okay. We know you don't want to leave, we don't want you to either but this oppurtunity that you're getting can be life changing for both you and your father. Yes the move to America is enormous but think of what you may experience there that can't happen here? Your dream is to become a part of the fashion industries right?"

"Yes but I can find a way to fullfill that here."

She nodded. "I know you can but your father needs you. You're all he has left in this world. Go with him and take care of him. I promise that we'll keep in contact Ellie, don't worry."

The three of us sat there in silence for the next few minutes. Once I was calm and relaxed, I went to my room, took a shower, and went to bed.

-------//-------//-------//-------//-------

"How can you just leave me like that Elena?!"

"Liam, please let me explain..."

"Explain what, that you're abandoning me during the most important moment in my life? How could you be so bloody selfish?"

"Liam, it's not like that. Please you have to understand, my father needs me. I'm all he has left. I have no choice but to go with him."

"Everyone has a choice Elena, you just chose wrong."

Tears rolled down my face one after the other.

"Liam, please..."

"Good bye Elena. Have a 'wonderful' life in California. I want no part of it."

He then turned around and walked away. "Liam..."

I tried to move my legs but nothing happened. The more I tried, the more he faded away. Once he was gone, I fell to my hands and knees crying the hardest I ever have.

"Liam!"

Everything was dim. I looked around and saw furniture against every wall. I looked down at what I was sitting on and saw that it was my bed. I was in my hotel room.

"It was a dream..." I shook my head and groaned. "More like a nightmare."

I looked at the clock hanging on the wall and saw that it was a quarter passed ten. I got out of bed and walked over to my window. I opened the curtains and got punched in the face by the sun's rays. After the rays became less harmful, I got ready for my last day in the UK. My last day with the boys. My last day with Liam.

Just as I was fixing my hair, my phone rang. I checked the caller id and sighed. I cleared my throat and answered the call in a false cheerful tone. "Hey Liam."

"Well aren't you overly excited this morning." He chuckled. "Did you have a good night's sleep?"

"I sure did." I lied. "One of the best."

"Are you on your way? The lads want to hang out for a bit before the show."

"Yea, I'll be over soon."

"Alright, can't wait to see you."

"Same."

After hanging up, I sighed. "I hate life right now..."

Once I was done getting ready, I grabbed my phone, and headed out of the hotel after making sure my bags were put off to the side for my dad to pick up. I then got hold of a cab outside and was taken to the finale. When I arrived, I was greeted my the boys' bodyguard, Paul.

"Hi Paul."

He gave me a nod. "Hi Elena."

"Are the boys busy?"

"Just a last minute interview with the finalists. They should be done soon."

"Oh alright. Are Liam's mum and dad here yet?"

He shook his head. "They were here earlier with the other parents but just recently they all went out for a bite to eat. So shall we go in?"

I nodded. "Sure thing big guy."

Paul then led the way to the boys' dressing room. On our way there, insanity was around every corner. Sort of like the day Liam auditioned only ten times worse. Just as we got to the dressing room, Paul's name was called out from behind us.

"Paul, there you are." We turned around and saw none other than Simon Cowell headed right towards us. "Paul where have you been? I need you to go get the boys. Apparently fans were found roaming around the building trying to find them."

He then looked at me. "Who are you?"

"This is Elena Andrews. She's a..."

Simon rose his hand and stopped Paul from talking any further. "The boys." Paul nodded and walked away. Simon crossed his arms over his chest and smiled. "So you're the infamous Elena Andrews the boys talk so much about. Nice to finally meet you."

"Oh um likewise sir."

"Psh sir, please don't call me that rubbish. Simon is quite alright."

"Oh ok sir...I mean Simon."

"So I've heard that you've said quite a few things about me. Care to explain?"

Even thought he was smiling and being nice, Simon was rather intimidating.

"Oh uh I..."

He chuckled. "No need to be scared. I'm really not such a bad guy I promise. Relax a little."

I smiled. "Alright."

"I've actually been meaning to talk to you."

"Talk to me, about what?"

"One Direction. I want to thank you for being there for them. From what I've heard, you've been quite the motivation for a certain lad."

"Who?"

"Liam. I overheard him talking to the other boys saying how he wanted to sing a song on the show just for you."

I looked at Simon strangely. "Really?"

Simon nodded. "Seems like Liam is quite smitten by you." He winked.

I shook my head. "Oh gosh no, Liam and I are best friends. He can't feel that way about me, right?"

"Who says?"

"I...I don't know...some law somewhere maybe.."

"If that were true, what's your excuse? You seem taken by him too."

I blushed. "What? Absolutely not." I lied.

My reaction only made him chuckle. "You should tell him. He'd be overwhelmed with happiness."

"I can't..."

Simon's smile immediately faded away. "Why?"

I sighed. "I'm leaving to America...right after the show."

"Oh...I see." He sighed and gently placed his hand on my head. "Better to tell him now before it's too late."

Before I could say anything more, Paul arrived with the boys. Niall was the first to spot me.

"Elena!" He ran over to me and twirled me around in his arms.

"Niall put me down." I giggled.

Right when I was safely back on the ground, the other boys crowded around me in a group hug.

"Boys."

They pulled away and looked at Simon. "Well hello there Uncle Simon, didn't see ya standing there."

"Very funny Louis." He then turned his attention to me. "Again, it was a pleasure meeting you Elena and please, think about what I said."

"Likewise Simon and I will."

He then wished the boys good luck and walked away with Paul trailing not too far behind.

"What was that?" Zayn asked.

"What was what?"

"That between you and Simon."

"Oh, nothing just talking is all. Simon's not too bad." They all looked at me strangely. "Stop that, it's creepy."

They looked at each other and burst out laughing. We then all walked into the dressing room and goofed off for the remainder of the time. As time got closer, the boys began doing some vocal warm-ups to prepare for the show.

"You boys sound amazing as always."

Liam smiled. "Thank you Ellie."

Louis groaned. "I'm starting to get nervous."

Harry nodded in agreement. "Same here, I think I'm going to barf."

"Keep calm calm boys, you'll do great. Just because you guys lose, not saying that you are, doesn't mean that that's the end of One Direction. You boys are meant for so much more. You all might even take over the world."

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and Paul walked in. "Elena time to take your seat. The show will be starting soon."

I looked at him and nodded. "Alright thank you." I turned my attention back to the boys and smiled. "Best of luck out there."

After hugging each of the boys, I followed Paul to my seat. Liam's parents were already seated as well as the other boys' parents. At the beginning of the show I was at ease but towards the end, I was stressed and nervous. As I watched the boys, along with the other finalists, standing on the stage waiting for the winner to be announced, my eyes slowly began getting clouded by tears. Once the winner was crowned, those same tears finally overflowed my eyes. One Direction had lost.

"Elena." I looked beside me and saw Mrs. Payne smiling at me. Why don't you go on ahead and meet up with the boys? You need this time more than we do."

I gave her a quick hug and ran off to meet the boys. Harry was the first person I came in contact with.

"Harry!"

He turned around and caught me in a hug. He cried into my shoulder while I rubbed circles into the younger boy's back to calm him down. "Oh Harry. I'm so sorry. It's going to be okay I promise."

He nodded. "I know but it just sucks. I really wanted to win, we all did."

"It's like Elena said mate." We pulled away from each other and looked at our smiling Irish friend standing right beside us. "Just because we lost doesn't mean One Direction is over."

"Exactly." Agreed the Bradford boy as he drapped an arm around Niall's shoulder. Louis nodded as well and joined the group.

Harry smiled and wiped his tears. "Thanks boys."

"Oh Elena, you might want to check on Liam. He hasn't said much."

"Alright, thanks Louis."

As the boys talked amongst themselves, I ran off to find Liam. I found him near the main staircase over looking the first floor. I stood next to him and placed my head on his shoulder. "How are you holding up?"

He shrugged and placed his head ontop of mine. "It hurts but I'm alright. Third place isn't too bad right?"

I shook my head. "Not at all. You'll always be a winner in my book."

Liam chuckled and placed a soft kiss on my forehead. "Thanks, that means a lot coming from you."

"Liam?"

We turned around and saw his parents smiling at us. He excused himself and joined his parents. As they talked, my phone rang. I seperated myself from the scene and answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Ellie."

"Oh hi daddy."

"Hello sweetheart. Are you ready? I'll be there in a good five minutes."

"You're that close? That's not enough time."

"For what? Elena Andrews don't tell me you haven't told him."

"It hasn't been that easy daddy."

He sighed. "Tell him now. I'll see you soon." Then hung up.

I looked back at Liam and saw him smiling and laughing with the boys. In the corner of my eyes I saw Simon standing nearby with Paul and give me a sympathetic smile. I returned the smile and made my way to the boys.

"H-hey boys."

"Elena! We're going to a party for the winner and other finalists, want to come with us?" Niall asked.

"Oh uh I'd love to Nialler but I can't. My dad is in town."

"Oh ok but we'll still see you later right?"

I tried not to choke on my words and smiled at blue eyed lad. "Yes of course Niall."

I hugged him, Louis, Zayn, and Harry leaving Liam for last.

"Say hi to your dad for me alright?"

I nodded "Will do. You take care of yourself alright?"

"Promise." He then took me into his arms and held me close. "I'll see you later."

As he spoke those words, tears began pouring out of the corners of my eyes. I returned his close embrace as if my life depended on it. Before finally letting him go, I whispered four small little words into his ear that I'd been dying to say. "I love you Liam."

I then did something that I never thought I'd ever have the courage to do. I kissed him. It may have been on the corner of his lips but that kiss meant so much to me. I pulled away slowly from him and saw the expressionless look on his face. He just stood there, looking at me without saying a word. I felt my world come crumbling down.

I gave the boys one last smile. "You all behave and take care of one another alright?"

After a couple of 'We'll try's, I made my way to the front of the building. Outside stood my father with a cab parked behind him.

"Ready?"

I nodded and got into the cab, my dad followed right after. He then told the driver to proceed to the airport. Just as we were pulling away from the front of the building and towrads the main street, I heard my name being called from outside the cab by a number of voices. This only made me cry harder than before. I felt my father shift in his seat, allowing me to find out that he had looked back.

"Elena it's..."

"I know who it is dad but please, don't stop the cab. I beg of you, please don't."

He sighed and held me close the more I continued to cry. "Very well sweetheart."

The voices soon faded away and out of my shattered heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was such a hujioedi to upload from my crappy phone but it's up.
Hope you guys enjoy.
Thanks so much for the amazing feedback.
Keep it up please!<3

For chapter 6, I need ya'lls help.
The boys will be doing an interview and I need questions for them.
Depending on the number of questions I recieve the chapter will either be long or short.
Also I need some gal pals for Elena for a future chapter.
Anyone wanna volunteer as tributes? ~Sevie xx

Friend Positions left: 5/5. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT VOLUNTEERED! <3

P.S. Next chapter and further take place 1 1/2 after X Factor