Status: Comments = updates! :D

One Thing

Can't Stand It

It's been almost eighteen months since X Factor. Eighteen months since our lives changed. Eighteen months of noot seeing her. Not one day goes by that I don't think about her. The day she told me she loved will forever be the most important but also the most saddest day of my entire life.

~2010 X Factor Finale~

"Say hi to your dad for me alright?"

She nodded. "Will do. You take care of yourself alright?"

"Promise." I then embraced her tightly. "I'll see you later."

Her grip then tightened around me. We stayed like that for a while until she slowly pulled away. Before pulling away completely, she whispered what I've been dying to someday hear. "I love you Liam."

No matter how hard I tried, my words wouldn't come out. I just stood there immobilized by her words and kiss that she placed on the corner of my lips. The look on her face showed that of heartbreak. It was because of me. 'She thinks I'm rejecting her.' I thought to myself. I needed to say something before it was too late. She turned to the boys, bid them farewell, and walked away.

"Liam, are you alright?"

At last my body moved and allowed me to look over at my mum. "I don't know..."

"Oh Liam, don't worry. You'll see each other again someday."

I looked at her rather strangely. "What are you talking about mum?"

She looked at my dad then back at me. "She did tell you about America right?"

"America?!"

She looked at the boys and nodded. "Yes. She's leaving for the airport with her father." My mum then looked back at me. "Liam, Elena's moving to America."

I shook my head. "No, she can't. She just..." I felt tears slowly make their way down my face from the corners of my eyes. "She just said she loved me..."

"What are you still doing here looking like an idiot? Go get her then mate!"

I looked over at Niall. "But..."

"Just go!"

I gave the lads a nod and bolted for the door with them following close behind.

"Elena!"

The car the began to move. I picked up my pace and ran as fast as I could, yelling her name off the top of my lungs but once I reached outside it was too late. She was gone. The love of my life just walked out of my heart.

-Present-

I still think about her everyday. Everything I see reminded me of her. Her smile, her laugh, her gentle warm touch that always sent shivers throughout my entire body.

"Okay boys we're at the studio." announced Paul from the driver's seat.

The boys and I looked out our windows and smiled at fans as we pulled up to the front of the studio. They were truly determined individuals. I never really expected my life to turn into this after the X Factor. I figured that since we lost we wouldn't get signed. We were wrong. Simon signed us shortly after Factor ended. Once we began touring I made it a goal for us to tour America. That's now finally coming true. Right after this last interview in the UK, we were off to America. Once we stepped out of the van, we were quickly rushed in and led into the studio's meeting room. There we were met by our interviewer, Isabelle. She walked us through on how the interview was going to go before finally sitting us down to begin. We were each handed mics and waited for our queue.

"Hello everyone Isabelle here from MTV UK and today I'm joined by the lads of One Direction. How are you boys this morning?"

Louis was the first to speak. "Great. Really excited for what's to come."

"You lads are off to America, is that correct?"

Harry nodded. "Yea we are. We'll be opening for Big Time Rush and we'll also be performing at a couple events."

"You boys will be rather busy then. Besides all the touring and events, what else are you boys looking forward to while in America?"

I felt a few eyes in me. "Exploring around a bit. We're looking forward to meeting as many people as possible in just that short amount of time."

Niall wrapped his arm around my shoulder as Isabelle went on. "Alright nots so we received quite a bit of questions on our website or you to answer. You all up for it?"

"Bring it on Izzy." She giggled at Louis' comment.

"First question, who is the most influential person in your lives?"

Louis smiled. "For me I'd have to say to say my mum. She's my best friend and if it wasn't for her, I don't think I'd be the person I am today."

"For me it'd be family and friends for all their love and support."

Zayn nodded. "Exactly what Harry said. It's tough to just pick one person when so many have made a huge difference in our lives."

"Well put Zayn."

"Thanks Nialler."

Isabelle then looked at me. "And you Liam?"

"The most influential person in my life of course my family but also my best friend."

"Why's that?"

"My friend and I have been inseparable since grade school. We always supported one another in what ever we set our minds to. To be honest my friend stole something very dear from me."

"What did they steal?"

"My heart."

"Oh I see. Are you two an item?"

I sighed and shook my head. "No, she actually doesn't even know how I feel."

"I bet she will now."

"I doubt it. She moved to America about a year ago. I haven't seen her since."

"Well Liam we hope you find her."

"Thank you."

Louis smiled. "Good job mate."

"Indeed. Shall we move on?" We all nodded. "Now this next one is rather odd. If you were all in a horror movie, which one would die first and which would die last?"

"Let's be honest boys, I would die first."

Harry laughed and agreed with our fellow mate. "You would. I'm pretty sure I'd be next."

"You would be Haz. You'd try and save Louis then get killed in the process."

Harry nodded at Niall. "Exactly."

"Who would be after Harry?" asked Isabelle.

Zayn chuckled. "Probably me or Niall."

"Niall for sure. His death would be be like something out of that one game...uh...what's it called? It's a murder mystery where you have to find out who killed who with what in some room..."

"Clue?"

Louis snapped and nodded at Isabelle. "That's the one. Niall's death would be like 'killed in the kitchen with a knife' or 'rope'. Basically some weapon but in the kitchen."

"Why's that?"

"The lad likes to eat. What better place to find him then in there." Harry chuckled.

Niall nodded. "It's true."

"So then it's me?" Zayn asked.

Louis nodded. "Oh yea. You'd be all tough like and be all like 'I'm a Bradford bad boy yo.'"

Zayn groaned and ran his hand through his hair. "I don't even say that anymore."

"So that leaves me for last?"

All the boys looked at me and nodded. "You'd be trying to out smart the killer somehow, devising some sort of plan but somehow it'll backfire."

I shook my head and chuckled. "Thanks Louis."

Isabelle couldn't help but laugh herself. "Just a few more questions boys and you'll be free to go." We all agreed and let her continue on. "Seeing as you lads have a massive fan base, what's the craziest thing a fan has ever done?"

"I believe I speak for everyone when I say that we've all somehow been touched inappropriately." We all nodded and laughed agreeing with Niall.

"That's got to be awkward and uncomfortable."

Harry chuckled. "You have no idea. I feel so violated at times."

Isabelle laughed. "I wouldn't doubt it. Next, how have your lives changed since the X Factor?"

"They've changed immensely."

Harry nodded. "Yea Louis makes a point. We all had somewhat of an idea on how things wre going to be like but when you're actually living it, it's mind blowing. All this came at us all at once that even till this day I haven't been able to take it in. It's still so new to me even after a year of living it."

"Exactly." Zayn agreed. "I grew up in Bradford where it's pretty quiet and people have a tendency to keep to themselves. I grew so accustomed to that and now touring, going places you always dreamed about one day visiting, then meeting fans who idolize and love you on top of that is just overwhelming."

"Do you boys feel like it'll be the same in America as it is here?"

"In all honesty, it's hard to say. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. We'll just have to wait and see." Louis smiled.

Isabelle nodded and smiled at the Doncaster lad. "Guess we will." She then turned her attention to the camera. "Well there you have it everyone. Big thanks to One Direction for joining us. We wish you lads the best of luck in America. Be sure to come safely."

After the interview, we took a few pictures with Isabelle and her crew before heading out to the van and to the airport right after.

"You were really strong in there Liam."

I sighed and shook my head at Zayn. "Not really. To be honest, I really just wanted to get out of there. Answering that one question was the toughest thing I had to do."

"We all know you miss Elena mate, we all do. I'm pretty sure we all felt a little uneasy bringing her up. She became our friend too and just ran off like that. She even left you stranded."

I glared at Louis. "I know that Lou. No need for the reminder."

"I'm not trying to upset you Liam I swear. Look let's just hope that a miracle happens and you find her."

Harry nodded. "Exactly. So many things were left unsaid back then on your part. We're herer to support you however we can, understand? We're all brothers here."

I just sighed and looked out my window, spotting the airport in the distance. "I rather not have my hopes up."

Hardly any talking occurred for the remainder of the of the trip. Everyone was now a bit nervous as we boarded our plane and took our seats. The thought of possibly seeing Elena again slowly began to dawn on me.

"What if I saw her again, what should I say? Would she even recognize me? What if she found someone else, am I willing to let her just like that?"

Once the plane finally took off, I slipped on my headphones and pressed play on my iPod. The first song to play was the one song that will forever remind me of her. It was one of her favorites. No doubt it still is.

Baby, I love you
I never want to let you go
The more I think about,
The more I want to let you know…
That everything you do,
Is super fucking cute
And I can't stand it

I've been searching for
A girl that's just like you
Cause I know
That your heart is true

Baby, I love you
I never want to let you go
The more I think about,
The more I want to let you know…
That everything you do,
Is super duper cute
And I can't stand it

Let's forget,
And run away
To sail the ocean blue
Then you'll know,
That my heart is true

Baby, I love you
I never want to let you go
The more I think about,
The more I want to let you know…
That everything you do,
Is super duper cute
And I can't stand it

You, you got me where you want me
Cause I'll do anything to please you
Just to make it through…
Another year

You, I saw you across the room
And I knew that this is gonna
Blossom into something beautiful.
You're beautiful.

Baby, I love you
I never want to let you go
The more I think about,
The more I want to let you know…
That everything you do,
Is super duper cute
And I can't stand it
No I can't stand it
No I can't stand it
♠ ♠ ♠
Song

Finally new chapter!
Thanks to the lovely people who volunteered, you know who you are.
Y'all are awesome!!!
Let me know what you guys think of this chapter.
Much love<3 ~Sevie xx